Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sims Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for all things Sims created by Maxis/EA. 

Tags: simulation, god games, story telling, custom, Sims 

Reply The Sims Guild
How do you buy more clothes for your sims?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Poll
  10g
View Results

josefina_maria

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 11:46 am
question  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 11:48 am
On Sims 2, you can build a store and go there and shop for more clothes. I don't know about Sims 1, never played it. T^T

wtf ebay

Lady Vina

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 1:35 pm
In Sims 1 you can use a dresser or go to a store if you have Hot Date or anything else that adds a new area (Vacation, Unleashed, etc).  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 3:45 pm
If you're in a Maxis neighbourhood in Sims 2, then you don't even need to make a shop because they already have community lots with clothes shops. Just call a taxi, read the descriptions of the shops until one mentions "Clothes" and then select it and off you go. Once there, click on the clothes rack and select Buy...and you can buy everyday, formal, underwear, swimwear etc. and that takes you through all the different clothes there are. But make sure you have a wardrobe in your Sim's home so they have somewhere to put the clothes when they get there.

And yes, dressing on the Sims 1 was much easier.  

Spoilt_lil_missy

Black Majic828

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 7:22 am
Buying clothes is REALLY annoying on the Sims 2, especially if your comp enjoys bogging down in community lots. Personally, I just make sims with the clothes I want and not worry bout much else.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 7:26 am
just make sure after taking these operations [as some people stated abouve] to have a cash register to ring up your items
no cash register = no items neutral

kara_neko

SirEmino
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 9:49 pm
I've made a One Stop community lot which has all the needs for Sims. So when my sim went to downtown for adate, she always buys her clothes, food suplies and other stuffs at the same time. lol! here is the lot for you to download. link

Well, if I am too lazy to go, I just use this computer to make online outfit purchases razz . link

I really should put this links in the featured download thread because of it's usefulness. Maybe later!  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 1:36 pm
this maybe bad but, if you have sims 2 university and the boolProp cheat is enabled then when you shift+click theres an option that lets you buy cloths from your house, or wherever your selected sim is. im lazy so i use this alot  

Aserla

face-_-ache

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 12:24 am
SirEmino
I've made a One Stop community lot which has all the needs for Sims. So when my sim went to downtown for adate, she always buys her clothes, food suplies and other stuffs at the same time. lol! here is the lot for you to download. link

Well, if I am too lazy to go, I just use this computer to make online outfit purchases razz . link

I really should put this links in the featured download thread because of it's usefulness. Maybe later!

Wow that first place is really nice, I would get it but my game doesnt like having downloads, it pulls off a tantrum and refuses to play  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 7:13 pm
I never want new clothes so I dunno  

hup123hup123slapslap

The Sims Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas