Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Dead Red Eyes

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 5:39 pm
I say it should be on the DS, why?

Pro:
*Because using the Wi-Fi connection would be some great gamming.

*It would be easier and faster to set up a few matches.

*It might be possible to have more fun with more than the 3 other people sitting next to you, and you don't have to sit out a turn.

Con:
*The sound wouldn't to great, nor the graphics.

Any more Pros or Cons you can think of???  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 10:17 pm
Pro:
The stylus could have some interesting gameplay
The dual screens would have cool maps
A different control scheme might be fresh and exciting

Con:
Controls could be used poorly
Might be a half assed game
Dual Screen is hardly used right in DS games  

Dark Captain Gio

Tel-Jilad Squirrel

Headstrong Bookworm

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 11:56 pm
I actually posted in another thread about the idea of a portable SSB and I figured out a possible control scheme. Allow me to quote myself.

Tel-Jilad Squirrel
A DS version of Smash Brothers would be awesome! I mean, think about it...they made a port of Super Mario 64 to the DS, a 64 game and they managed to easily translate the controls.....and the first Super Smash Bros was for the 64, so control wouldn't be a problem...they would just use the buttons and the D-Pad....and maybe the bottom screen could be use for some cool new, advanced techniques? I mean, look at it this way.
D-Pad= Movement
A= Normal Attacks
B= Special Attacks
X= Jump Button
Y= Grab Enemies/ Toss Items
L and R= Sheild
Start= Pause
Select= Taunt

As for the touch screen, they could use it to preform new, special advance techniques, or maybe it could just show fight stats, like Stock remaining, your score, like the different Bonuses you get that they show you at the end of the fight, which it could show you as you get them, and other stuff like that.

So yeah, maybe a cool portable remake/upgrade of the original SSB for DS would be awesome.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 9:09 am
That would be smart, It's easy to see that it would be mega profitable and popular, even if it wasn't that good. The series just has THAT much of a rep!  

7r1gg3r_h499y

`Murdoc

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 8:06 am
to be honest nintendo cancled the super smash bros DS project if they didnt we would be playing it right now...  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 2:16 pm
Nintendo should totally put super smash on the ds.  

last angel served

Einherjar O D I N
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 8:08 am
My biggest concern aside from it being a total sell out is that the D-pad wouldn't work properly for Smash.

The analog stick is key to Smash bros. A d-pad doesn't have the sensitivity that an analog does. And don't you dare mention using the Stylus as an analog. For a fighting game, it would be horribly uncomfortable, and eager players would probably scratch the hell out of their screens.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 10:37 pm
Animewarrior
I say it should be on the DS, why?

Pro:
*Because using the Wi-Fi connection would be some great gamming.

*It would be easier and faster to set up a few matches.

*It might be possible to have more fun with more than the 3 other people sitting next to you, and you don't have to sit out a turn.

Con:
*The sound wouldn't to great, nor the graphics.

Any more Pros or Cons you can think of???

Good reason good idea  

last angel served

last angel served

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 10:38 pm
Tel-Jilad Squirrel
I actually posted in another thread about the idea of a portable SSB and I figured out a possible control scheme. Allow me to quote myself.

Tel-Jilad Squirrel
A DS version of Smash Brothers would be awesome! I mean, think about it...they made a port of Super Mario 64 to the DS, a 64 game and they managed to easily translate the controls.....and the first Super Smash Bros was for the 64, so control wouldn't be a problem...they would just use the buttons and the D-Pad....and maybe the bottom screen could be use for some cool new, advanced techniques? I mean, look at it this way.
D-Pad= Movement
A= Normal Attacks
B= Special Attacks
X= Jump Button
L and R= Sheild
Start= Pause
Select= Taunt

As for the touch screen, they could use it to preform new, special advance techniques, or maybe it could just show fight stats, like Stock remaining, your score, like the different Bonuses you get that they show you at the end of the fight, which it could show you as you get them, and other stuff like that.

So yeah, maybe a cool portable remake/upgrade of the original SSB for DS would be awesome.

simple moves thats always a good thing.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 6:33 pm
Smashes wouldn't work with a d-pad. And the screen would be way too small.  

Phazonite

last angel served

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 10:08 pm
Tel-Jilad Squirrel

Tel-Jilad Squirrel
D-Pad= Movement
A= Normal Attacks
B= Special Attacks
X= Jump Button
L and R= Sheild
Start= Pause
Select= Taunt

I'd half to agree.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 1:28 pm
I'm going to agree with the fact that the screen would simply be too small. With all the action going on, it's difficult enough to keep your eye on your own character. Shinking that screen would just make it that much harder.  

Talwar126

NEON_Eggs

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 11:57 am
Didnt they start a DS ssb? confused confused  
Miscellaneous

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out