Back to Guilds

Tags: goth, subculture, alternative 

Reply Multimedia
The Craft Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Real Thing, or Another Opinion to making us Freaks?
  Real Thing
  Freaks
  Don't Know Don't Care
  Poll Whore
View Results

Terg

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 10:57 am
never saw the movie.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 4:57 pm
personally i liked the movie....but did i think it represented its subject matter ******** no.....pardon my french but no other nice way to put it....it did generate a fad.........movies have a bad habit of doing that........and it leaves many questions too much to the imagination of what's real and what's fake and to me that's just offenvise ...especially to those who practice or generally follow wiccan or other similar religions.  

Fallentowards

CandyCanexIsxDead

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 3:48 pm
Fallentowards
personally i liked the movie....but did i think it represented its subject matter ******** no.....pardon my french but no other nice way to put it....it did generate a fad.........movies have a bad habit of doing that........and it leaves many questions too much to the imagination of what's real and what's fake and to me that's just offenvise ...especially to those who practice or generally follow wiccan or other similar religions.

I totally agree with you, there is no other way to put it.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 5:54 pm
Historical note re: pop culture of Wicca/Witchcraft--

Aleister Crowley wrote a novel "Moonchild" in 1917. Crowley wrote from his own experiences and describes "methods and theories of modern magickal practices....."

aleister crowley on wikipedia  

sutoyou

kitty-pink-love

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 12:18 am
her_eternal_rest15
I was just wondering what people thought about this movie. If you think that it's a good portrayal about "The Craft" itself, or just another movie that gives people another opinion to us as freaks.

If you thought that the movie was just about the four girls and not about "The Craft" and not displaying anything about Wicca at all?

The movie did show the basic elements that each girl had:
Sarah-Earth
Bonnie-Air
Nancy-Fire
Rochelle-Water
Each element adds to each girls' personality.

I don't know, but I personally liked the movie itself, but I think that it didnt show the real thing behind Wicca.
What do you think, and please don't flame me, it's just a thought that I've been having.

i agree with you, it was a good movie but it seemed to be more about the girl then the actaul craft.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 7:20 pm
I personally liked the movie. To me, it was entertaining. Though, I can see why some Wiccans can pissed off about it...  

Vegacom2

perrenthezombie

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 9:30 pm
It was a fantasy movie...the point wasn't really to tell the world that wiccans are evil. I think the reason it was at least fairly close to the actual religion is because it makes it much more interesting. More believable I guess (obviously doesn't mean that people REALLY fly around and transform, but I think you get what I mean..?)  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 8:01 am
I liked it when I was little. Still do infact. But I know better.  

TheWitchGotRobin

Ekrund

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 3:47 pm
I just thought that I would chime in with my opinion... mrgreen
I have the movie and its a good movie as "craft" movies go but, it did give people the idea that paganism and wicca are just a game or a role play that you can do with your friends....

I don't mind that kids want to believe in things like flying and magic but it does bug me when people think we can do the things that have already been said in other peoples posts. i.e. Flying, floating, moving objects etc

I think that people (adults or teens) need to be more aware of what we are about, it would stop alot of stupid questions and prejudice.

Sorry about the rant.. now I have that off my chest, I will vote wink heart  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 8:11 am
It was unrealistic at best. It was a good movie but a bad portrayal of paganism. It did, however, illustrate that there are consequences to your decisions, even when you use magic.

6shattered6chandelier6

Spooky Wasabi Princess

Proxy Risk-Taker

14,850 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 12:17 am
Simmer down, it's just a movie.  
Multimedia

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items