Reply The Stargate Guild
SG-1 General Discussion Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Dreambubbleburst

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 3:17 am
I used to watch stargate on T4 on sundays (I'm from the uk) Then they swapped it for Enterprise, and sky one are showing series 3 and 8 its so confusing. I'm trying to get all the DVD's, but I'm only up to 6, so in my little world O neil is still a colonel and anubis is just a dark shadow on the horizon. I don't know how I'll cope when I get 7 + 8, I cant take all the change! eek  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 2:54 pm
I just thought of something. why is it in the early episodes whole clips of Earth rifles could barely hurt a serpent guard, when it seems like now they can take down a jaffa with about 5 - 10 bullets? did they like change the ammo they were issued or somethin?  

h4mx0r

Distinct Capitalist

1,950 Points
  • Trader 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Entrepreneur 150

WolfeShade

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 6:33 pm
h4mx0r
I just thought of something. why is it in the early episodes whole clips of Earth rifles could barely hurt a serpent guard, when it seems like now they can take down a jaffa with about 5 - 10 bullets? did they like change the ammo they were issued or somethin?

Actually, I think both ammo and the guns were upgraded. I know for sure that the P90 is a more powerful weapon than what they had before.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 6:40 pm
Anyone else noticing how much SG-1 keeps 'losing' this season? They keep running into situations where they come away even at best. I'm not complaining, as much as I like seeing SG-1 kick butt, it's nice to see them truly challenged again.

With Jack gone now, Daniel's stepping forward as a more dominant figure. Cam's technically the 'leader' of SG-1, but Daniel's got the experience. I really liked the interaction between Khalek and Daniel in the recent episode Prototype.  

WolfeShade

Atog

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 3:06 am
WolfeShade
h4mx0r

Actually, I think both ammo and the guns were upgraded. I know for sure that the P90 is a more powerful weapon than what they had before.

It's not the P90. It's the armor piercing rounds. Funny how those little details can mean so much.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 8:41 am
Yeah, Daniel has been stepping forward a whole lot more. I really miss having Jack around, but I am starting to like Cameron.  

Dea and #Teddy#
Crew

Shy Regular

kouga_117

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 9:11 am
WolfeShade
Anyone else noticing how much SG-1 keeps 'losing' this season? They keep running into situations where they come away even at best. I'm not complaining, as much as I like seeing SG-1 kick butt, it's nice to see them truly challenged again.

well when you go up against people with the power of the ascended anciets, I`d say just coming away in one piece is a win. the Ori are twice what the Goa`uld were, ancient powers and technology, I really have to see how they finally win against that. I can definitly see a Stargate SG-1/Atlantis crossover coming in this season  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 10:00 pm
Atog
WolfeShade
h4mx0r

It's not the P90. It's the armor piercing rounds. Funny how those little details can mean so much.

It's both the P90 and the rounds, the P90 was designed specifically for that type of work. Its very purpose was as a "sidearm" to destroy the kevlar body armor with the first or second shot. I'm personally voting for placing depleted Uranium tips on armor piercing rounds. biggrin

Dreambubble, when I was there on vacation last summer I watched SG1 everyday on Sky, but they were older episodes.

SPOILERS FOR THOSE WHO DONT HAVE SEASON 9 OUT YET
Season 9 Finally was cool... Cept for the destruction of the Deadelous class ship, dont know which one yet, wont know till season 10, but it either had Daniel and Mitchel on it(Russian) or not(American)  

icer190

icer190

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 10:03 pm
kouga_117

well when you go up against people with the power of the ascended anciets, I`d say just coming away in one piece is a win. the Ori are twice what the Goa`uld were, ancient powers and technology,

Well, there is that, and the Goa'uld were pansies as far as intersteller technology goes. Their sheilds would not hold up to a Magnetically Accelerated Cannon. (big gun, BIG bullet.)  
PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 10:51 am
icer190
Atog
WolfeShade
h4mx0r

It's both the P90 and the rounds, the P90 was designed specifically for that type of work. Its very purpose was as a "sidearm" to destroy the kevlar body armor with the first or second shot. I'm personally voting for placing depleted Uranium tips on armor piercing rounds. biggrin

Dreambubble, when I was there on vacation last summer I watched SG1 everyday on Sky, but they were older episodes.

SPOILERS FOR THOSE WHO DONT HAVE SEASON 9 OUT YET
Season 9 Finally was cool... Cept for the destruction of the Deadelous class ship, dont know which one yet, wont know till season 10, but it either had Daniel and Mitchel on it(Russian) or not(American)

on the spoiler note....the russian one had Cameron on it, but he got into the X-302 (glider spinoff), so he isn't dead, yet, and then the russian idiot died....the one that demanded the deadelous class ship  

Gilded_Narcissus

The Stargate Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces