Ganondorf techniques wanted

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Shinsua

Wheezing Gekko

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 7:22 pm
My favorite chari in SSBM is Ganondorf. He is a magical powerhouse with a hint of slowness(dont ask why but I like my characters slow)All I really do with him is pumel the crap out of my enemies and if on teams have my friend hold him for the wizard punch(I think that's its name)But I know there must be more to him then just power, he's practically CF anyway. Anyway any hints for me to pwn noobs more than I already do would be greatly thanked. Oh and one more thing for some reason I heard that you could be Ganon in SSBfW, be this true?  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 9:55 am
I don't have tips except practicing with him. My bro is pretty good with him, even though he is uber-slow... Just practice.

And about the Ganon thing... I don't know about that...  

Keiter

Shinsua

Wheezing Gekko

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 9:00 am
Thanks. I just realized that Ganondorf is the second or third slowest chari in the game and I pwn with him. Ganon may or may not be in Brawl Im not sure it's just a rumor. I probably shouldnt have said anything about it  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 9:12 am
No problem. I think he's the second. I know Bowser is the slowest. Tried fighting with him a few times... and he is just too slow for me. I can handle Ganoondorf pretty easily, but Bowser is too slow. And don't worry about a rumor. Alot of people just like to say stupid things, and you happen to believe them... It happens.  

Keiter

Zeyl

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 7:30 pm
Experts like to mini hop backwards and punch. Sex kicks are useful. Just go watch videos.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 4:55 pm
Yeah, go for the shufflc (Short hopped, fastfallen, L-cancelled) fair (Forward air), hit with that 3 or 4 times and they'll be off the edge, where you can edgeguard with his UpAir.

And no I'm not kidding, his Uair has a very good spiking ability if you face towards the edge and hit them with it while they're recovering.

Don't use smashes and CERTAINTLY don't use the Warlock(wizard as you say) punch regardless of the situation.

Make use of tilt (Non smash) attacks as they are extremely powerful as they are, and use the Down-B on the ground to really give them some knockback.  

ArcVyse

Shinsua

Wheezing Gekko

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 9:21 am
Hehe I found out in flat areas I can be a total cheap a** and as I say"foot ball you" The semi-dive that Ganondorf does while he's running sends them into the air and deals 15-21% they are then unable to move but because if the height they're at you're still able to run at them again and dive...heh  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 9:09 am
I've played with gannondwarf a lot, in fact he's my favorite by far. His power (possibly exaggerated) can hown and embrace 2 other characters strong attacks, which means his power can be used very efficiently in even 3v1s.

If your a good gannondwarf player, for the most part you need to get very accurate with him. There is no simple technique like wizard punch, wizard punch, magician kick, magician kick.. he is very situational. Based off of experience you decide which move is best in which specific situation.

Here are some of my favs.

exclaim From what I"ve seen only 2 other characters can do this effeciently.. or rather as close.. but because gannondwarf has so much power he's can literally kill a guy in 2 hits if your near the edge. If an opponent is in the air, and near edge simply leap towards him once smashing forward. Land quickly, jump at them and smash down. This'll knock them out, only a two hit combo that can be done as your openning move if you watned too.

exclaim 5 hit combo (sort of): This is a weird combo, but getting off its beautiful xd grab and throw them up, smash up, weak punch, do his forward b punch thing, then quickly up b. Don't expect this combo to work every time, because differenct characters have different weight and damage taken is very important to pay attention too, if their too weak obviously they'll go flying from the second move of this combo. Just keep it in mind if such an occasion should arise wink

exclaim Gannondwarf has excellent aerial moves. His forward and backward smash in the air are quite effecient if you get accurate with them. Sometimes your just a little bit from your opponent, and you don't want to close with either of those two moves because it'll leave you open. Rather than them you could use his gerudo kick or w/e (down b) to close that slight distance and leaving a powerful trail of defense minamizing the ratio in which your vulnerable. If that doesn't make sense then ya just have to keep playing him yourself to see what I mean xd In a nut shell, when he does his down b kick, he has sort of higher initiative, fruther more the bottom part of the kick is counted as attack power does goes against whatever it encounters. The higher initiative means it takes priority over other moves thus avoiding the dmg taken. The other 2 moves he is vunerable on every side his fist is not. cool

That's all I can think of that I use very very often. The rest I recon is all mind game and accuracy. cool  

fargokraft

Shinsua

Wheezing Gekko

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 11:12 pm
Hehe, you have no idea how many times I've bubble blasted an enemy with Ganon's aerial up a
And as expected, Ganon's kicks are faster than all other attacks
And stronger than some
Keep this in mind

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 2:22 pm
I'm lazy, so I'll tell you the same thing I told Porkeater123...

Here's some tips from a Ganondorf player... who knows what he's talking about...

First off... You should rarely use your B moves. I say rarely, because side+b and down+b can be nice to use. Up+b is a nice surprise move against some aerial fighters, but I prefer U+Air.

The U+Air for Ganondorf is fantastic. It has high priority, and if you can learn how to use it, is great for edge guarding. Look up "Triforce of Power" on YouTube.

Learn how to SHFFL (Short Hop Fast Fall L-cancel). Ganondorf is best played in the air, but you should make use of his jab (neutral A on the ground), and his forward tilt. AVOID THE UP TILT!!! This move IS stonger than the Warlock Punch (B), but is slow, and easily avoidable. Save this for a broken shield, or sleeping Jigglypuff. The jab is fast, and racks up some good damage.

Some advanced techniques:

Ganondorf can Chain Grab certain characters. One of which is Shiek! eek

My favorite thing to do, is grab, d-throw, and short hop into an aerial. Most characters can be d-aired after a d-throw. Learn how to stomp and grab, and you got what I call a chain stomp. ^_^ But learn to use the other aerials too.

Back+aerial is really good, as is the F+Air. And the best tip I can provide for Ganondorf... When you are attacking in the air, not only should you L-Cancel, but use the c-stick in the air. This is the fastest way to pull off aerials, and you wont accidentally double jump when trying to do a U+air.

I'm gonna go play the new Zelda (still ^_^). Any more questions, ask, and I'll try to answer.

Oh... and learn about the down+b recovery. When in the air, like Final D, and you're coming back, use the Down+B. It gives you back your double jump. LEARN THIS!!  

Einherjar O D I N
Crew

porkeater123

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 7:51 pm
if you jsut wanna get alot of technique help go here
http://www.smashboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=110  
Techniques

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items