Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Writing on the Wall

Back to Guilds

Are you literate? Do you write poetry, short stories, long stories, prose, roleplays. . . anything? Share your talent with the world! 

Tags: Writing, Poetry, Prose, Stories, RolePlay 

Reply The Writing on the Wall
Backroads of Hell (Fake Plastic trees)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Does a Plastic tree grow?
  No, it is not alive, so it shall not get taller.
  Yes, there numbers grow everyday...
View Results

The Mayor of Nowhere

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 8:27 pm
[ Message temporarily off-line ]  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 9:58 pm
[ Message temporarily off-line ]  

The Mayor of Nowhere

The Mayor of Nowhere

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 9:56 pm
Chapter 3
Lines of people moved out of the Cabin silently, heeding the warning given to them by Carl and Colette. Carl would meet with Colette at the end of the line of people, than tell her to Ok them leaving now. She would the raise the eternal sign of A-Ok, an O formed by the forefinger and thumb with the other fingers in a frill above the O. Some People looked like they were about to burst from fear and or did not believe what was happening. But they stood their anyway-awaiting instruction from their supposed leaders.

After all the rows were gathered and let out. There appeared to be no one. Carl nodded to Colette saying, ?Good work, we better leave now too.? Colette was already zooming to the door, not wanting her role as savior to get her Martyred. But Carl stayed behind, he had known the amount of time needed to get out of the cabin in an instant- there was a clock no one had noticed in the ceiling. Not on the upper wall, or on a stand. But an Oven dial clock right above their heads. He might?ve not seen it, if he had not heard the ticking immediately upon awakening. They had 4 minutes to spare, Carl thought about taking a look around, but decided against it- he did not want to spend any more time in the Bomb-waiting to happen. Just as he was going to leave out the open door, a short woman with thick glasses and a poofy poodle haircut ran to the door screaming, ?My god! Where is he!? Where is he!?? Carl stopped her from entering trying to calm her down saying, ?Who? Who? Mam-please calm down.? But she continued to scream saying, ?Where is he!! Wheres Mr. Waters?! Get out of my way!! I have to find him!!? She attempted to shove him, but Carl grabbed her by the shoulders and said directly to her face- his cold Blue eyes piercing into her, ?Mam?. If you do not answer me, both of us may die.? She stopped talking for a second and said, ?Mr. Waters-Guile Waters-he?s still in there! We signed up together for the race!!? Carl?s eyes narrowed and he said to her, ?Go?now!!? She stepped away from the doorway still looking worried. Carl Ran through the Cabin, listening and looking for anyone still here. He breathed rapidly; puffs of air were welling up and pushing out of his chest. He felt of rush of frantic frustration run through his skull and was about to scream, but stopped and listened instead. No breathing, no heartbeat, no ticking of the clock- he zoned it all out. And Carl heard?Knocking- coming from a bed in the corner in the room, it was the bed that the Poodle haired woman had been sleeping in, Carl remembered that. He ran to the bed, looked beneath it, there was a trap door. Placing both his hands on the hard mattress, Carl threw the frame and all to the side in a loud crash. It was actually quite light though. Kneeling as If to be knighted, He undid a rope on the Door and swung it up- there was another door, one that might?ve came off of a fridge. It was no wonder that no one could hear the poor man. He ripped up the door, and there standing in a narrow space was s Man screaming swear words and dancing madly to get out. He was dressed a gray suit, like he worked for some corporation or something- The Man stopped swearing upon sight of Carl, and he reached his hands up akin to one calling out to god. Carl helped him out and he told him, ?Run, Dammit!! Run!!? The Man apparently agreed, a note fell from his pocket as they ran out the door.

Not jogging, not running, but Sprinting like a cheetah- the two men zoomed out of the Cabin just as two bright flashes went off inside the cabin- sparks igniting the Bombs. A huge blooming flower of fire and sound burst through the Cabin. The Two men fell to the ground from the force of the Explosion. Blazing orange and red flames went up into the air.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 11:33 am

Wow

I am left with a bombload of questions!! I am hoping they will be answered in future installments!

May I suggest breaking down the large blocks of text into more suitable paragraphs though? Kinda hard going XD

You wanna know what really caught me on this story? My name is Collette XD  

Starlit-Chan

The Mayor of Nowhere

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 8:00 pm
I'm working on the fourth chapter right now. Sincere thanks for reading! smile
Being left with questions is a normal feeling with my writing, so don't worry unless you start bleeding out of yer ears.

And I agree about divvying up the paragraphs. I just haven't seen a fast way of doing that gaia yet. Or i' m just missing it.

The Writing on the Wall

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games