Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Sacred Sources -The Outer Forum -
Law of Three, or Just Plain Coincidence?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Akwila

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 10:53 pm
Ok, the other day my dad was pissing me off, as usual, but this time it was to no exent. I was furious, absolutely enraged... Anyway, I decided to send some very nasty negative energy his way; the next day he couldn't move 'cause his muscles were very, very, very sore for no apparent reason. Anyway, a week later, I was suspended from school for little reason: I was horsing around with a friend, right, and then a teacher comes over and gets me suspended for fighting, and there was nothing I could do... Now my dad has grounded me for god knows how long... So, law of three or just coincidence?

Editing courtesy of Jameta. <3  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 11:45 pm
Law of Three most definitely. eek Not even I would dare go that far if I got just as pissed off as you were when you did that....  

Panther Nightwind

QueenCrystal

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 4:27 am
I believe if that was law of 3, you'd get that back 3 times worse as in like....You'd be paralized or something along those lines. I dont think that you having gotten suspended was apart of that. The only way I can double check is that you give more details of what happened at school, or what you did to your dad, maybe.

Then agian...I might not know what im talking about sweatdrop somebody help me out here XD

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 7:31 am
Sounds like coincidence to me.

Before thinking that you sending "negative energy" to him was what caused his muscle problems, you may want to eliminate any "mundane" reasoning, first. Secondly, teachers tend to take horsing around as fighting anyway - especially if the teacher is strict to begin with, or if he/she is having a bad day. Your father grounding you is - from what you've said - due to this incident.

"Law of Three"? No. "What goes around comes around?" Probably not. "Bad Timing"? ... Most likely.

If you want to take it as "Law of Three" to teach yourself that flinging around energy when you're pissed off is a bad idea, then go ahead. Either way, I hope you know better now.
stare
Crap, when I'm angry at my father, I just pray that he gives me a day to myself - even if I would like to see harm come to him. Then again, that's just me.  

Keistera

Jishin

Steadfast Explorer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 9:14 am
It's all coincidence -- and yet there are no coincidences.

I don't believe in the Law of Three.

I do believe that if you do something stupid, you will get bit, even if it's not connected to what you did. You did something stupid. You got bit. Learn your lesson and move on.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 9:20 am
QueenCrystal
I believe if that was law of 3, you'd get that back 3 times worse as in like....You'd be paralized or something along those lines. I dont think that you having gotten suspended was apart of that. The only way I can double check is that you give more details of what happened at school, or what you did to your dad, maybe.

Then agian...I might not know what im talking about sweatdrop somebody help me out here XD

As I said above, I don't believe in the Law of Three per se, but my interpretation is that the exact same thing won't return to you in triplicate. I interpret it that the bad karma you expended to make it happen is going to bounce back and return to you, via whatever means is readily available and appropriate.

Assuming that the muscle soreness was indeed a result of Akwilla's energy, that energy has returned to him in limiting his own movement. He's been suspended and grounded. It's not a muscular limitation, but a temporal/physical limitation. Just a different way of producing the same limitation.

One of the reasons I don't believe in the Law of Three is that when you expend "bad" energy for the right reasons, it doesn't seem to hold .... but the right reasons are extremely rare.  

Jishin

Steadfast Explorer

The Wallaby

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 10:00 am
Jishin
QueenCrystal

As I said above, I don't believe in the Law of Three per se, but my interpretation is that the exact same thing won't return to you in triplicate. I interpret it that the bad karma you expended to make it happen is going to bounce back and return to you, via whatever means is readily available and appropriate.

Assuming that the muscle soreness was indeed a result of Akwilla's energy, that energy has returned to him in limiting his own movement. He's been suspended and grounded. It's not a muscular limitation, but a temporal/physical limitation. Just a different way of producing the same limitation.

One of the reasons I don't believe in the Law of Three is that when you expend "bad" energy for the right reasons, it doesn't seem to hold .... but the right reasons are extremely rare.

Law of three wouldn't pertain if you let negative energy loose for the sake of getting rid of it, but if you specifically send it to harm or negatively effect another person, I think it would work. Elsewise, we would be full of negative energy and have no way to release it.
As for akwila's question... depends on whether you believe in the law of three or not. I can only give you my interpritation/belief.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 11:16 am
The Wallaby
Law of three wouldn't pertain if you let negative energy loose for the sake of getting rid of it, but if you specifically send it to harm or negatively effect another person, I think it would work.

Sorry. My fault for being imprecise. Of course you can always simply release it to release it, with no consequence. Using it in a directed manner usually implies rebounded consequences.

There are a tiny handful of very specific instances in which I have found that it does not. Generally, it involves using the negatively-charged energy to try to achieve something that absolutely needs to be done.  

Jishin

Steadfast Explorer

Jameta
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 11:28 am
The Law of Three is becoming more of an interpretation issue these days, what with many from all sects looking at how it can scientifically make sense. As has been stated, conincidence probably isn't the best reason for this matter (although it might be taken as such because in incidents are somewhat unrelated; then again, your father did get to ground you due to the incident). Anyways, I believe in cause and effect, or the "what comes around goes around". You directed something, possibly adding to a problem that was already there: maybe he was already sore, but not to the point of what happened, and the direction of energy caused this to be amplified. Perhaps you were misjudged by the teacher because you misjudged your father; however, I cannot lay down any solid opinion or interpretation on that matter because I do not know the full extent of the situation.

As others have said, learn from the experience. It is in this learning that few events are labeled "coincidence".  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 2:19 pm
Yes, I believe it was. Of course, just because it is called "The Law of Three" doesn't mean that three things will come back to you, or that it will be exactly three times as bad. Personally, I don't use the term much; I like to use "karma"...plus it's a cooler word, IMO.

I can say that my emotions are what have gotten me in trouble regarding the Law; I'm usually fairly logical in my magical workings, but like you, once I'm angered enough, I've made some mistakes; and every single time it's come back to "momslap" me in the face.  

blukattt
Crew

Atma311
Crew

4,350 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 2:43 pm
blukattt
Yes, I believe it was. Of course, just because it is called "The Law of Three" doesn't mean that three things will come back to you, or that it will be exactly three times as bad. Personally, I don't use the term much; I like to use "karma"...plus it's a cooler word, IMO.

I can say that my emotions are what have gotten me in trouble regarding the Law; I'm usually fairly logical in my magical workings, but like you, once I'm angered enough, I've made some mistakes; and every single time it's come back to "momslap" me in the face.

I agree. The Law of Three is more of a warning along the lines of "What you do will come back to you, good or bad." The severity(sp?) may be equal or it may be greater than what you did, but it will come back to you. I like to think that this can spill over into each of the following lives you have and that explains the whole "bad things happen to good people" scenerio (which is the only reasonable conclusion I have been able to draw with my girlfriend's life).  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 8:16 pm
Keistera
Sounds like coincidence to me.

Before thinking that you sending "negative energy" to him was what caused his muscle problems, you may want to eliminate any "mundane" reasoning, first. Secondly, teachers tend to take horsing around as fighting anyway - especially if the teacher is strict to begin with, or if he/she is having a bad day. Your father grounding you is - from what you've said - due to this incident.

"Law of Three"? No. "What goes around comes around?" Probably not. "Bad Timing"? ... Most likely.

If you want to take it as "Law of Three" to teach yourself that flinging around energy when you're pissed off is a bad idea, then go ahead. Either way, I hope you know better now.
stare
Crap, when I'm angry at my father, I just pray that he gives me a day to myself - even if I would like to see harm come to him. Then again, that's just me.
my dad is fairly active, so when he does work out muscle pains arent usually that bad, as for the teacher, she could plainly see we were not trying to hurt eachotherm we even told her that but she just said "i have to follow regulation".........then the teacher twisted the situation WAY out of propotion and said i was "mercilessly pummeling the other student"...there wasnt a scratch on him......so yay, that teacher has become my least favorite person ON EARTH...but ive learned NOT to send negativity to her, or postivity for that matter, let her stew in her own PMS'ness stressed  

Akwila

QueenCrystal

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 3:44 am
The Wallaby
Jishin
QueenCrystal

Law of three wouldn't pertain if you let negative energy loose for the sake of getting rid of it, but if you specifically send it to harm or negatively effect another person, I think it would work. Elsewise, we would be full of negative energy and have no way to release it.
As for akwila's question... depends on whether you believe in the law of three or not. I can only give you my interpritation/belief.
I like what both of you are saying :3. I also cant say that I fully believe in the law of 3 but..like "what comes around goes around" fits my tastes more.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 8:22 am
blukattt

You took the words from my mouth, blu! I used to be a firm believer of things coming back to my times 3, but over time I've gradually realized that that isn't really the case. I've gone through some pretty nasty stuff, some of it I deserved, some of it I didn't, and I gradually came to realize that there's a reaction to every action I take, and that by harboring negativity, I draw more of the same towards me.

And yes, karma is a much cooler word!

The Bookwyrm
Crew

Quadadiddle
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 3:49 pm
Usually, I try NOT to send out harsh negative energy, unless I honestly believe that the Law of Three / Karma has not been returned fairly. But even then, I only send out energy for Karma to be enforced, but I don't hint as to who it's to or what result I want.

A few kids have been harassing me and a few friends, and monday their friend died from cancer. Make note that the people they've been harassing are all Pagans/Wiccans or at least interested in it (but that's not why we're being harassed)  
Sacred Sources -The Outer Forum -

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games