Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sims Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for all things Sims created by Maxis/EA. 

Tags: simulation, god games, story telling, custom, Sims 

Reply The Sims Guild
I NEED HELP!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

can you help me?
  yes
View Results

Kitties_at_the_disco

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 9:20 am
Yesterday i was playing the sims 2, with my new sims, everything was perfect. (my sims all live in pleasantveiw) I went on today, left the room to go get something, no one was in the room, i came back, and pleasantview was GONE! i dont know what happened.... I was mad last night... im not sure if i just shut down my laptop while i was still in pleasantveiw or actually got out of the sims 2 first. but if i shut it down like that could that be why it is gone? is there a way to get it back without re-installing the sims 2? ( i have all the ones that have come out so far, would i have to re-install al of them?) should i get a new choose a new town and use it until my laptop gets re-imajed for next school year?  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 4:12 pm
I don't know how much I can help you, but there is a way to get Pleasantview back without reinstalling the entire game. But it won't get you back your families and are you sure you don't want to know what happened to your neighbourhood?

First, if I were you I'd go to My Documents/EaGames/The Sims2/Neighbourhoods and see whether NO01 is still there. That's where you put all your downloads and where all the pictures go from the neighbourhood. Plus I think the saved games.

I got this from the official website though.

To reset a neighbourhood, first go to My Computer>C:>Program Files>EA Games>The Sims 2>TSData>Res>User Data>Neighbourhoods

Then choose whatever Neighbourhood you want (N001 is Pleasantview, N002 is Strangetown, and N003 is Veronaville). Next copy that folder (right click on the selected folder and select "Copy").

Next go to My Document>EA Games>The Sims 2>Neighbourhoods

There will be the neighbourhoods you have, similar to that folder. However, this is the neighbourhoods you have in the game, and those 3 above are templates. So if you want to reset the neighbourhood, delete the neighbourhood you want, and paste the template neighbourhood you copied from the previous folder into this one. (written by Aussiesim5)

If you want to know more, I suggest going to the official website  

Spoilt_lil_missy

The Sims Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces