Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Craftin'
Chainmaille and Wire Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

cordelya

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 1:22 pm
I've made maille jewelry using cheapo jumps from Walmart and also colored copper rings I've coiled myself. I particularly enjoy birdcage weave. I have one necklace I made of blue coated copper that is birdcage and has a length of memory wire strung through it so it fits around the neck without need for a clasp.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 12:18 am
cordelya
I've made maille jewelry using cheapo jumps from Walmart and also colored copper rings I've coiled myself. I particularly enjoy birdcage weave. I have one necklace I made of blue coated copper that is birdcage and has a length of memory wire strung through it so it fits around the neck without need for a clasp.

That sounds really cool!

I have played with maille a little bit. Mostly jewelry weaves like Byzantine and Jens Pind. I made a ring for my fiance using teeny tiny rings in Jens Pind and it is really cool.  

Shinshia24

Tes

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:43 am
~
I dabbled in it for a while and got decent at it, but it wasn't really my thing so I just moved onto something else. My bf and I were introduced to the craft through a mutual friend and we both spent some time working on our own projects.
~

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 10:56 am
I always wanted to get into it. I have a lot of hobbies and my friends and everything are used to me switching a lot, so its mostly a matter of money(seeing as I have NONE) and time. Time being that I have to find time among my many hours of nothingness in which to focus enough to sit down and read the materials I would need to read to start it.  

Story From The Stars

2,950 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Full closet 200
Craftin'

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items