Reply Smash Help
Sheik recovery techniques?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

General Drazi

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 5:33 pm
I'm used to Samus being able to get back on the stage after getting hit to the limit, and I was wondering if there was any way to allow Sheik to do the same.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 4:48 pm
General Drazi
I'm used to Samus being able to get back on the stage after getting hit to the limit, and I was wondering if there was any way to allow Sheik to do the same.

Not really, unless you want to go to the trouble of transforming back into Zelda and using her Up B to sweetspot the ledge (Simply landing on the stage with it will generally give your opponent another chance to smack you one)

But then there's the hassle of trying to transform back.

Your best bet is to play stages with limited recovery areas like Yoshi's Story, and avoid stages like Kirby's Dreamland 64 which have extremely large recovery zones.  

ArcVyse

General Drazi

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 5:30 pm
Arc Angel Gabriel
General Drazi

Not really, unless you want to go to the trouble of transforming back into Zelda and using her Up B to sweetspot the ledge (Simply landing on the stage with it will generally give your opponent another chance to smack you one)

Your best bet is to play stages with limited recovery areas like Yoshi's Story, and avoid stages like Kirby's Dreamland 64 which have extremely large recovery zones.
Thanks, it always helps to know when to use a certain character. I never really took stages into account until now, to tell you the truth. ;^_^  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 4:43 pm
General Drazi
Arc Angel Gabriel
General Drazi

Thanks, it always helps to know when to use a certain character. I never really took stages into account until now, to tell you the truth. ;^_^

Well it's nice to talk to someone open minded =D

Counter picking stages can be just as important as counter picking characters, and if you're playing by the official MLG ruleset, knowing how to use advanced slob picks is very important.

An advanced slob pick is essentially a "Stage Knockout" where you basically get to choose a stage that may not be played during the best of 3 (Or 5 in finals) round match.

For example, if you're Chu_Dat, one of the five Juggernauts of Professional smash (Others include SephirothKen, Isai, Azen and recently PC Chris) and you plan on using your legendary Ice Climbers to take on SephirothKen, then you're going to have to knockout a stage which limits Ice Climbers chainthrow abilities.

So in this case, you're going to have to take out moving stages like Pokefloats or Rainbow Ride. (Big Blue is banned and so is Brinstar with Kraid, so you don't need to worry about those)

Actually, this is a subject I should cover in my guide, perhaps it's about time I got around to updating it.  

ArcVyse

General Drazi

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 7:38 am
Arc Angel Gabriel
General Drazi
Arc Angel Gabriel
General Drazi

Well it's nice to talk to someone open minded =D

Counter picking stages can be just as important as counter picking characters, and if you're playing by the official MLG ruleset, knowing how to use advanced slob picks is very important.

An advanced slob pick is essentially a "Stage Knockout" where you basically get to choose a stage that may not be played during the best of 3 (Or 5 in finals) round match.

For example, if you're Chu_Dat, one of the five Juggernauts of Professional smash (Others include SephirothKen, Isai, Azen and recently PC Chris) and you plan on using your legendary Ice Climbers to take on SephirothKen, then you're going to have to knockout a stage which limits Ice Climbers chainthrow abilities.

So in this case, you're going to have to take out moving stages like Pokefloats or Rainbow Ride. (Big Blue is banned and so is Brinstar with Kraid, so you don't need to worry about those)

Actually, this is a subject I should cover in my guide, perhaps it's about time I got around to updating it.
Yeah, it's a good piece of info. You can't learn if you won't learn from others. >_>  
Smash Help

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games