Most Ridiculous Goth Descriptions... Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

stars.go.TWINKLE

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 4:59 pm
strawberry_shortcake_emo
well..they said that they all kill them selves..but if they did who would be there to tell

(not that some havnt thought about it though emo  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 9:33 am
black_tutu
One of my so-called best friends noticed how I'm really into the goth culture and she told me that 'all goths worship the devil, you can't be goth and not worship the devil'. And now she's talking about how I'm not a christian and I'm such a bad person to be a goth and whatnot. Sad thing is, a lot of people side with her. Ignorance is bliss, but not to those of u who have to put up with the fools enforcing it.

Yano, that seriously peeves me. I was reading in m Gothic Beauty magazine [[I find it quite interesting XP]] that tehre is a gathering for Christian Goths coming up. Not every goth isn't a Christian! Hell, I know a gothic Hindu!! eek I do know a gothic Christian, she is one of my best friends in the world. Saying all gothic's worship the Devil, is quite frankly, the stupidest thing I think I have ever heard been described of goths.

fallengrim
It's funny when people make up stuff about goths because they personally can't understand it. My mom always invites me Christmas shopping because everyone moves out of our way, when they see me coming. biggrin

rofl, I get the same reaction. When I walk around the lake with my mom, there are always guys hitting on her, so I walk with her, everyone is quiet. It's quite nice being able to make ignorant -inbred-drunks shut up once in a while.  

AcidDropper

Argetlam13

Shirtless Lunatic

7,000 Points
  • Summer Celebrant 150
  • Survivor 150
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 9:43 am
I heard a most ridiculous description from a bunch of jocks from our rival school. This conversation took place at the local mall, more specifically, the food court, acouple of tables away from my friends and my own table. They had to whisper, but very loudly, to avoid detection. This failed.

Jock 1: "Dude. There's some of those goth kids."
Jock 2: "Yeah, man! I heard that it's all one big cult, or whatever."
Jock 3: "I heard the same thing! And to get in, I heard that you have to eat a heart."
Jock 2: "No way. They totally have to go to that Hanson guy, and like let him rape you!"

About this time, me and my group of friends from several tables have already plotted against these jocks. We make a circle around the jocks without them noticing. We then begin to chant jibberish. Coordinated jibberish, but jibberish none the less. They started freaking out, and screaming things like don't kill me, and such. It was very fun. Now, if people start talking nonsense about something they know nothing about, we just stand up, and look out of the nearest window. It works best in our mall, because we are in a large group, and most of the ceiling is windows.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 12:09 pm
Some of the most rediculous things I've heard people say to me or about me are"

-Are you one of those people that worship Satan.dress in black all the time, and listen to that group that wears the mask and there's like 15 of them?

-Why do you stilll do still go to our school you "gawhfic" b***h? This is a catholic school. Go to" gawhfic" school where you belong.

-Are you like one of those Gothic people...you know the one's that are like obcessed with"that H.I.M dude" ?

-She pracitces witchcraft.

There's a lot more but that's too many to get into.  

anime_freak777

Bakurish

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 7:22 pm
My friends are afraid of my tripp pants. well, Lydia and Kelsie are. they said that goth people at our school meet up in the baseball field after lunch and chant s**t, and I just stood there, staring at her like "WTF are you talking about?" because our school has no baseball field.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 10:38 pm
Bakurish
My friends are afraid of my tripp pants. well, Lydia and Kelsie are. they said that goth people at our school meet up in the baseball field after lunch and chant s**t, and I just stood there, staring at her like "WTF are you talking about?" because our school has no baseball field.
Ahaha. Now that's pretty sad...

It's wierd, I live in this tiny little town in the middle of nowhere in NY, but there's quite a few kids here that dress 'goth' enough. Nobody ever bugs us or anything, and a lot of us are good friends with people outside of out socially 'defined' group. This strikes me as very odd, because it's a really small town, and all the other bigger places I've lived in had kids that would stare and back away. Not to mention you can't walk ten feet in a mall around here without seeing some sort of punk/goth/emo(-slightgagatemoposers-) kid just walking with a bunch of friends who may or may not be dressed similarly. Then again, the security guards ten to stop people like us more often and ask "Are you with an adult?" anytime after four on Fridays and Saturdays.
Damn mall curfew...

The only thing I've really come across was the kids in my elementary school class. It was the same kids for three or four years before I moved, so they knew me before I was 'goth'. They always bugged me about it as a joke, but they were almost proud of me. It sparked a few resentments over the years, but we were pretty tight-knit and got over it by the time I left. I was the resident 'gothic girl' of the class, and now I'm gone...which is a good thing, because the next city over was pretty bad, and all the ghetto kids were like encroaching on our town. They made gym class hell, but that's another story.

..Luaxanna..

ringwraith10

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 5:50 am
GilAskan
Okay, so, it can be said pretty easily that there is no unified definition for "goth". No two goths seem to agree on the exact boundaries, however, most of the definitions overlap. Every so often, I'll hear people bring up "goth" in conversation, and I'll hear what everyone thinks. You'll hear the typical "goths are people who worship satan" and whatnot, but have you ever heard a truly wierd definition? Something that's just completely out there?

The wierdest I've ever heard was something I overheard on a bus. The person talking was absolutely convinced of his definition, which went something like this: "Goth doesn't actually exist. The media just made up the whole thing a few years ago so they could have a catch phrase." Plausible, I suppose, been then it started getting wierder... "Yeah, the station who invented it got a huge budget from the government to make up a fake subculture and pay people to dress and act like it. The media claims that the culture has been around for like 30 years, but they actually just made it up in 1998."

Pretty odd.

So, share what you've heard from other people about goth. Wierd opinions, defintions, etc.
eek 1998, eh? I'd like to meet the guy who was saying that. I'm sure he has all sorts of interesting things he could tell me about how no one ever went to the moon, and how Elvis is being kept alive in a bathtub filled with kryptonite...  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 5:52 am
Bakurish
... They're just joking, right?  

ringwraith10

Tierra_de_Fuego

Desirable Capitalist

6,150 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Window Shopper 100
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 7:29 pm
People who poop on a church's door and slay pigs to throw their blood at holy crosses stressed  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 1:16 pm
"That all goths have to be sad and souless and would probably eat kittens"
thats from my ex-best friend.
"That they are very negative and use art as a cover for everything"
From my mom whom I have issues with.
"That you waste your time with all this black and are going to regret not wearing any when you're older."
From my cousin who is a "fluff fuzzy pink" addict.
The stupidest one was "I heard that if they take off their black coats bats fly out."-Some hypo/crazy catholic girl.  

AdrianaKitten

Sassy Ace Ari

Fashionable Genius

2,600 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 3:04 pm
SunshyAlone
The one weird thing I have heard is that goths are apparently forbidden to pray to the Christian God.

The above is ridiculous, I'm Catholic (but not hypo-crazy xd ).  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 7:39 am
I didn't mean all catholics are hypo crazy just this one girl who used to be my friend but would secretly judge me.
Sorry if it offended you though...  

AdrianaKitten

Scathach789

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 11:00 pm
I scanned through and I don't think I saw this one:

What is Goth?
I dunno...wear a lot aof black and act like a melancholy jackass. Yeah, that's about right.

Yay Voltaire!

(In that case my poseur-goth friend Donovan is the gothest of us all...jackass...)  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 6:33 pm
GilAskan
Okay, so, it can be said pretty easily that there is no unified definition for "goth". No two goths seem to agree on the exact boundaries, however, most of the definitions overlap. Every so often, I'll hear people bring up "goth" in conversation, and I'll hear what everyone thinks. You'll hear the typical "goths are people who worship satan" and whatnot, but have you ever heard a truly wierd definition? Something that's just completely out there?

The wierdest I've ever heard was something I overheard on a bus. The person talking was absolutely convinced of his definition, which went something like this: "Goth doesn't actually exist. The media just made up the whole thing a few years ago so they could have a catch phrase." Plausible, I suppose, been then it started getting wierder... "Yeah, the station who invented it got a huge budget from the government to make up a fake subculture and pay people to dress and act like it. The media claims that the culture has been around for like 30 years, but they actually just made it up in 1998."

Pretty odd.

So, share what you've heard from other people about goth. Wierd opinions, defintions, etc.

well, of course no goth can agree on the true definition of it! because we are ones who like to show INDIVIDUALITY and DIFFERENCES. Simple as that.  

mee_shee

~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces