Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sims Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for all things Sims created by Maxis/EA. 

Tags: simulation, god games, story telling, custom, Sims 

Reply The Sims Guild
The Sims Resource

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Oceanic_Alchemist

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 9:44 am
Okay, I have been on this site for a little while and I'm having trouble with the downloads. They have dircetions on how to download them but can anyone break it down into easier explanations?

Link: http://www.thesimsresource.com/  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 1:09 pm
Sorry, I can't help you with downloading from that site without going bankrupt rolleyes seriously, TSR is the biggest ripoff in sims 2 history and really, the creator needs to be shot for creating that site- try going to mod the sims 2- it's honestly about 20x betterĀ²  

Zwiebelsaft!

SirEmino
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 5:17 pm
TSR is not a rip off. They had been there since Sims 1 and they HAD to went partially paysite to support the large number of downloads they have. Still, they have rotating freebies every 3 days, which I really like. Some of the creators there makes really good qualty things.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 6:34 pm
Evil_Twin_V1.337
Sorry, I can't help you with downloading from that site without going bankrupt rolleyes seriously, TSR is the biggest ripoff in sims 2 history and really, the creator needs to be shot for creating that site- try going to mod the sims 2- it's honestly about 20x betterĀ²

I agree.  

Ferrari_Carr

Zwiebelsaft!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 3:00 pm
Sir Emino
TSR is not a rip off. They had been there since Sims 1 and they HAD to went partially paysite to support the large number of downloads they have. Still, they have rotating freebies every 3 days, which I really like. Some of the creators there makes really good qualty things.
actually, no- every time I go on, all of the freebies are the same equivalent to s**t and all of the goodies would cause me to go deep into my wallet- Mariana trench deep- not to mention that the only good freebies that I have downloaded were extracted roses and recolors from Nightlife.

wahmbulance TSR
PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 12:50 am
I've had some really nice things from the TSR. Actually, I've had loads of nice things from TSR, but each to his own.

But I've just realised we're not answering the question. Ok...how to download easily.
If you've been downloading from The Sims 2 official website then you'll have a download folder when you go to My DocumentsEA GamesThe Sims 2

First, for TSR, if you haven't paid then you can only download those things that have an arrow (as opposed to a padlock thing), save it to disk. It'll probably save to desktop (that's where mine always does). You're also going to need a program that opens zip files. Find the zipped file, open it, click the bit that says whatever.package PACKAGE File and then you move that file into My DocumentsEA GamesThe Sims 2downloads.

Does that help? Or is that still confusing?  

Spoilt_lil_missy

Oceanic_Alchemist

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 7:17 am
Spoilt_lil_missy
I've had some really nice things from the TSR. Actually, I've had loads of nice things from TSR, but each to his own.

But I've just realised we're not answering the question. Ok...how to download easily.
If you've been downloading from The Sims 2 official website then you'll have a download folder when you go to My DocumentsEA GamesThe Sims 2

First, for TSR, if you haven't paid then you can only download those things that have an arrow (as opposed to a padlock thing), save it to disk. It'll probably save to desktop (that's where mine always does). You're also going to need a program that opens zip files. Find the zipped file, open it, click the bit that says whatever.package PACKAGE File and then you move that file into My DocumentsEA GamesThe Sims 2downloads.

Does that help? Or is that still confusing?

thanks for the help, but it doesnt really matter anymore now. I'm using modthesims2 now  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 6:12 pm
I am very mad at TSR, they used to be free now they charge for what I could get for free at modthesims  

~Strawberry-Memories~

Zwiebelsaft!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 7:55 pm
~Strawberry-Memories~
I am very mad at TSR, they used to be free now they charge for what I could get for free at modthesims
or insimenator.net

listen- TSR should be shut down and the creator should be shot. That would be how big of a ripoff it is. I'm finding a petition right now. surprised  
The Sims Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games