Reply ~ Main Forum ~
Have you ever noticed that.... Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Isobel Bellamy

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 3:31 pm
Ok, I'm gonna be a spanner in the works (KIND of). I don't really mind people showing a bit of skin within reason and not in an overtly sexual way and depending on the locale (crop tops and short = ok, full S&M bondage gear while picking up the kids um.....perhaps leave it at home). However, I do mean this in a sense of fairness, I don't feel it is right for it to be acceptable (an in some cases encouraged) for women to be the ones in skimpy outfits, if there's a scantily clad woman I wanna see a scanity clad man!......which leads me to an example of myself.

Now, here in the UK it's getting damned humid and hot. Not exactly the best weather for all black (not that it discouraged me from wearing a trench...), now a friend of mine, also feeling the heat and humidity was looking forward to going outside as much as I was. IE. Not a lot.

So, to 1: make sure we wouldn't be melting in our big cool goth boots and 2: to make light of the horendous weather. We decided to dress a little risque that day. Armed with factor 50 sun block (we needed it, trust me), shorts (and a cute little top for me) we greeted the outside in what amounted to, well, not alot.

Let me give you a run down of our outfits:
Me: shorts (as in hot pant shorts), bikini top, fishnets and new rocks
Him: shorts (not the wuss bermuda ones either. They left NOTHING to the imagination redface rofl ) and again, new rocks. THAT was it.

I would never in a million years have gone out in that on my own, partly becuase we were there for each other's support, but becuase I only ever wear my more risque stuff in humour, if I was on my own it would have been percieved with sexual undertones, with my friend it was just two freaks having fun in the sun as it was supposed to be.

The two examples, the first one has masses more dignity than the second girl. I'd buy the first thing in a moment, the second one, ******** no, frankly it's tacky and cheap. If I was going to repeat my outing I wouldn't dream of wearing that thing.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 3:43 pm
" Over clothing is better than no clothing "

- But hey, I wear guys clothes all the time! not my problem.  

DeaTh_WiLL_CoNQuER

Athiel

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 3:50 am
miraridemon
miturn
Athiel
I don't know if many people share my ideas, but let's say I see two (women/girls in this case) on town. One looks like this:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

The other one is dressed like this:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I'd find the fist one eons more attractive. Why?
Because she comes on with dignity, while the other one is more sort of "The dog ate my clothes, so I figured What the hell!"

Anyone see my point?

the first one looks like she has more dignity, you're right......
the second one just looks like "i only had enough money for half a shirt"

Neither are very attractive.

That is for you to decide. I wasn't talking about the women, I was talking about the clothing.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 7:21 am
Hmmm... I wear basically classic goth wear, nothing too snazy either, but I cover up for the fear of the sun!! gonk Many girls here in Texas wear the "Beatin' up clothing" It makes my eyes twitch to see the things they advertise... And not in a good way...Sometimes I think I have eye stigmata.... burning_eyes  

Anubis_Jill

Vivi.The.Pimp.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 11:47 am
Well I have alot of clothes. Some are revealing and some are not... but I like to mix them together so its not that bad. But the girl in the second picture is hot looking but she should wear a little bit mor clothing. O_o

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 9:52 pm
I like both pics but would never wear the second personally. I have a lot of clothes that go towards the first and are more classy than trashy.  

WitchHazal0713

mee_shee

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 12:15 am
Yea, but then again whether you're a guy or a girl, you can easily fit into the guys clothes?

You could even get a small in guys and it'd be the perfect size.

I'm more of a tomboyish type anyway, so when I go shopping that's where I look for clothes first, specially at wall-mart - face it, the guys have better shirts.

Shirts that actually look good instead of ones that say - i'm single, ******** me.

*laughs*  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 4:00 pm
I personally find the first outfit much more appealing and it draws my eyes to the details of the woman wearing them.

The second outfit isn't to my liking one, because the outfit on that woman isn't very well suited and it doesn't give the feel that the company intended and two because really what is there to that looks good at all but the boots.

Anyways the first outfit is much more elegantly sexy and in it's one way revealing and leaving the beholder wanting to see more. -wink-

dark and demented

Sirena Eri

8,500 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Clambake 200
PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 10:53 pm
Heh, lol I think the first one is pretty.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 1:21 am
lurichan
Sadly it seems to be a common ploy in marketing of any type of clothing really to find someone who looks very sexy and use them to try to sell that image to others. I'm not saying it's right, I'm just saying that it's good marketing really.

The problem with that, though, is that a lot of the models in the clothing sites AREN'T that sexy, really, to me. They make the clothes look bad. >.<

But, yea, I see those clothes, and I go "no way in hell would I wear that outside."

Now, in private, I'd saunter around all day.

I admire the women and men out there who can wear those tiptoe 8 inch heel ballerina boots all day. Just OUCH. I have it bad enough with my 6 inch heels.....>.<  

2aetH

r a i n- C R U S H E D

Magnetic Werewolf

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 12:49 pm
witchangel1
Keep in mind alot of women's clothes are designed by men. And some men are very perverted.

Agreed  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces