Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Craftin'
New Hair! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ska Hippie

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 3:02 pm
It looks quite neat smile
I'd love to see past pics!!

Squirrel of Doom
PureHeavenlyEvil
I want to dye my hair purple. But I'm afraid that it would be hard to do, or get expensive, because my hair is really long and on the darkish-brown side.

It wouldn't necessarily be hard to do if you do it at home with the help of a friend who is good with their hands but you'd have to bleach all the colour out of your hair for the purple to show which would probably damage it quite a bit and even then the colour would more than likely fade very quickly even if you managed to find permanant purple dye because bleaching makes your hair more porous or something.

If you're unsure you could always do the underneath purple, then the top of your hair would still be in good condition and the roots wouldn't show when the colour started to grow out but you'd still have some purple hair. I'm a bit of a veteran hair dying type person xd

As another hair dying vet, I'd have to strongly suggest against purple over every other color. First off, bleaching your hair makes it more porous (frizzy) because it damages the strands of hair - however, since most hair dyes are full of moisture, they bond to bleached hair much better than they would unbleached, even if you're a natural blond. Back to the actual dying -- I've bleached & then dyed my hair purple several times with different dyes, and none of them ever ever stay purple for more than a week. Same goes for my ex boyfriend. A friend of mine who used to work at the place where I'd bought my dyes made suggestions as to which brands to use (she was a cosmetology student & now does hair for a living), so she knew what she was talking about, & it still never worked out for very long. In my opinion & from my experiences, purple hair dye is a good way to waste your money. I've also dyed my hair blue, which immediately turned turquoise, but remained that color for about a month, which was pretty cool. Pinkish/reddish also stayed in for about a month. Orange generally seems to stay decent for about 3 weeks. I've never ever seen purple last for anyone :/
Has anyone ever had different experiences?!  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 5:54 pm
A friend of mine back home regularly dies her hair purple. And it never fades out on her. Well, it starts to fade over time, but by then, she has enough roots showing that shes to re-dye something fierce anyways. She went through several brands to find one that works, though.  

Silver Mist

Chibi Kiku-chan

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 10:43 am
OH MY GOD! THATS SOOO COOL! You look just like an anime character. *is jealous now*  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 5:00 pm
That's very cute and anime - like. I could never do that - my hair's almost to my waist, and I want it to keep growing. Also, I'm working at a renaissance fair in September, and need to keep my hair natural - colored.  

ladyleprechaun13

Blue-eyes-green

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 5:39 pm
My college roommate was an avid hair dyer- and her worst luck was with blue. It would be cookie monster blue for a few days, but within a couple of weeks it would fade to grey- the least cool color ever.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 7:37 pm
ladyleprechaun13
That's very cute and anime - like. I could never do that - my hair's almost to my waist, and I want it to keep growing. Also, I'm working at a renaissance fair in September, and need to keep my hair natural - colored.

My hair is ubber short- it comes to my ear lobes when at its longest, and I not only work ren fares, I work 'em as an actor. As part of court. xd I've gotten really good at hiding my (lack of) hair under a snood and hat. Looks cute that way, even. ^^ (though I do wish for slightly longer hair somedays so I could make a pill box hat to match the new dress I'm working on. It wouold be soooo cute!)  

Silver Mist

Winged Phantom

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 6:07 am
Your hair looks really cool.

As to the purple hair dye question. I dye my hair purple whenever I can (stupid work rules). I have medium brown curly hair. I go for dark purple so i don't bleach mine before I dye, but if you want a bright purple then bleach away. How well your hair dyes and how long the color last depends mainly on your hair type and the brand. For some reason I was blessed with hair that just sucks up the dye. Curly hair dyes better then straight because of the shape of the hair. Also damaged hair dyes beter then healthy. (But who want's damaged hair anyways). Before you dye your hair, use a cleansing shampoo and DO NOT condition. I use Special Effects hair dye in pimpin' purple color for my hair, and it lasts over a month. The best part about not bleaching my hair first is that the color doesn't faid into a pinky color but into a slightly redder shade of my natural color.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 7:05 am
WOW! That's cool! ^-^  

Tiga Claw

150 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
Craftin'

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers