[Onigiri]

5,300 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 7:28 am
grotesquecreeple
[Onigiri]
I'm kind of 'meh' about converting people. I figure, if you're already one religion then you're probably happy with it and no preaching from other religions is going to convert you, unless you have little faith in your own religion already.
also if you had little faith in your current one wouldnt you seek out a new one? or be doing it currently?

One would think so. Some people stay with the same religion for years, because of obligations they still have with their church and such. Sometimes people stick with one religion because it's easy and you think you get a better benefit than you would in another religion. Then, someone comes along with another religion and you'll switch over because you think it'll be a better benefit to yourself.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 10:51 am
okay, I am saying this because this is what I experienced as a Christian. I was taught that you need to convert other people so they wont go to hell. I was taught that everyone else's religion was totally wrong and that they were going to suffer unless I saved them. That was one of the things that totally turned me off of religion. I still haven't found a religion to suit my fancy, but that is because every religion has its corruption. No one religion is right. Honestly, I think people should just try to find what suits them most and what they are most happy with.  

Xxwhere~soul~meets~bodyxX

Elizabeth the first

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 12:00 pm
finally. i know there's someone who sares my beliefs. i'm an atheist and my mom calls me ignorant and foolish because of it. every time i mention it, my mom bites my head off about it.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 9:28 am
i refuse to read the bible because i believe in science, not muttering to myself about some thing that doesnt even exist. i dont want to convert anyone. your beliefs are your own.  

Elizabeth the first

londonchick25

1,650 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 4:56 pm
I am a christian and I agree completely that the bible is kinda boring. I also agree that there are some people who push there religion on others.
But personally I agree with things from several religions. I follow christianity but I do like to learn about other religions. I have found that not all religions are completely bad. Some actually make good points.
Personally, I don't like people who push religion on others. I think you should tell others (emphasis on tell) about your religion but you shouldn't put there beliefs down or push yours on them. People should be able to say what they believe in without being persecuted.
Well thoughs are my thoughts.
londonchick25 out rofl .  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 4:46 pm
i concur.  

#1_public_enemy

O p a v e

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 7:55 am
There's no need to convert.

Let people decide what religion they want to be for themselves.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 10:53 pm
my sect, the mennonites, believe in freedom of conscience.

we never actively convert anybody, which is why our group is so small.

in fact, we never do evangleism because it might involve coercion.

and a hundred years ago we did not have sunday schools because kids would invite their friends and the friends got converted and that also seemed like something less than freedom of conscience.  

chessiejo

Medy_Senpai

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 8:35 pm
Phaeton
The bible doesn't corrupt. Reading it with an open mind and a sense of reality only shows you how much crazy bullshit it contains.

On the matter of conversion look at it this way. If there were people going around believing 2+2=7 wouldn't you try to correct them? That's not the best example because regardless of what someone believes 2+2 will allways equal 4. Still the evangelists believe they're correct to a "t" so they want to help others to be "correct". I'll bet there are those who believe that getting more people on board will get them more bonus points with Jesus.

You won't believe what I'm about to tell you... but you actually guessed it right about the points. Some protestant people believe that when you go to heaven God will give you a crown and for every person you covert your crown will have one jewel. So people who coverted many will have lots adn lots of jewels while people who didn't will few if any jewel. It seems like god believes in elitism! I wonder if he speaks l337?  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 3:53 pm
I think that God (as whatever you imagine as God: the one that Jews, Christians, and Muslims all pray to; the hundreds of Hindu deities; the principles of Buddhism, since they've not got a God) is a bit silly.

God says that he loves and forgives everyone...but then passes judgment and sends a lot of people to hell.

I just...don't listen. Eventually the religious people leave me alone.

Trying to convince me that everything I believe is wrong is not love, no matter how grateful I would be in the afterlife had you saved me.  

Leviticus Lied

Heterosexual Fa gg ot

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 4:29 pm
I'm an Atheist so...I shall state my opinion but I doubt many people will like it.

I think that organized religions are just legal cults. Think about it. It's a group of people, a leader, a "higer being" or whatever, and silly little followers (No offense). They basically brainwash you (People can argue this and say "No, I choose this" but it's false). If your parents didn't raise you like this or something brought you into religion then you wouldn't know about "God" or whatever you worship.

I also have evidence right from the Bible that proves God or Jesus could not be real.

Examples:

-Killing someone is commiting a sin, yes? Then why did God tell Abraham to kill his brother? Therefore God is ENCOURAGING people to sin.

-Suicide is a sin. Jesus sacrificed himself for us. Though, not commiting the sin himself, it is still suicide. Therefore people are worshipping an unpure being and Jesus is Ridin' Dirty with Mr. Lucifer down in Hell.

If someone feels the need to discuss this, please feel free to PM me since I do not visit my guilds often.

User Image

[.Julie Booly.]

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 5:23 pm
I just dislike the people who try to force religion upon others. It is fine to discuss relgions and believes, and converting people can be done without them jumping down throats.

When people go "Oh, well you're going to hell now," and don't listen, thats just plain annoying. They should be able to repect the persons choice of religion.

I accept people believe in God, I just wish they would accept that I don't.

Are Christians not soposed to accept and love people for who they are? Does God not say that he loves everyone equally? Then why do these people not let people do what they will, believe what they will?  

Panique Avec Moi

chessiejo

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 11:41 pm
Leviticus Lied
I think that God (as whatever you imagine as God: the one that Jews, Christians, and Muslims all pray to; the hundreds of Hindu deities; the principles of Buddhism, since they've not got a God) is a bit silly.

God says that he loves and forgives everyone...but then passes judgment and sends a lot of people to hell.

I just...don't listen. Eventually the religious people leave me alone.

Trying to convince me that everything I believe is wrong is not love, no matter how grateful I would be in the afterlife had you saved me.

John 3:17 is one authoritative source for Christians that says God, through Jesus, does NOT judge people!

it says Jesus offers life and hope. People can accept it if they choose.

They can also reject it because they are free and under no coercive pressure.

SO...Jesus paints a picture of a wedding party with food and drink and light s and conversation and enjoyment; that all goes inside the big house for people who decided to go in.

People who didn't decide to go in get what's left, which is the outside, where it's dark and miserable and they're unhappy.

But it's where they wanted to be! God didn't send them there, THEY did!

The only other alternative is to say "okay you hate us and everything that brings light and joy but lets see if we can find some light and joy for you anyway".

it can't happen like that.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 5:26 pm
okey  

The_BlueCanaryKelly

Calliope Solipsism

Wheezing Nerd

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 3:09 pm
Reading the Bible convinced me that anyone thinks there's anything real about it, or that the Judeo-Christian God is worth worshiping, is completely insane. Trust me, reading it won't corrupt you. It'll just make you fear for your well-being every time you hear someone talking about how much they love Jesus.  
Literate Hell

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff