Reply DS Connection
Mega Man ZX = absolute awesome [it's science]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

CirePrahs

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 12:54 pm
New screens and video of the upcoming further refinement and evolution of what Mega Man X started more than a decade ago, Mega Man ZX was unveiled yesterday. Not everyone agrees with the Sequel Conveyerbelt of Mega Man games, but this looks exciting! The story is this, two humans rise against an oppressive system by becoming heros from their past by fusing with relics called Biometals, the remains of the closest thing a robot has to a soul. fun stuff, no?

http://media.ds.ign.com/media/794/794195/vids_1.html

There's a link to all known video and screenshots of Mega Man ZX for NDS. Enjoy!  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 1:06 pm
Apparently the game is available in Japan already; here's a more detailed description from play-asia.com

Two playable characters – play as either a male character named Vent, or as a female named Aile

Biometal is the key – in order to gain the best transformation possible, strategically attack bosses without damaging its Biometals, otherwise its effects may become downgraded and must be repaired to regain its full potential

Transformations offer a range of different abilities

Real time info system – engages both screens of the DS system

Regenerating bosses – based on certain conditions, a boss that had been defeated will reappear again, allowing multiple opportunities to gain items from the repeated battles

Missions and Quests– progress the story by completing main missions while optional quests scattered throughout the map offer valuable information and items

In Rockman ZX, hundreds of years have passed since the battles between humans and Reploids (robots). After fierce wars between the two sides, peace was finally restored and the two groups were able to establish various cooperative nations within the "Inner" area of the universe. However, danger zones remained in the undeveloped "Outer" section where independently evolved robots called "Mavericks" began wreaking havoc. A group called the Serpent Company scours the Outer universe to provide energy created from otherwise unattainable items to the Inner population and also serves to protect these peaceful nations from Maverick attacks over the years. On an excursion to the Outer region, they discover relics of ancient technologies in the ruins. These relics, called Biometals, are living, conscious materials, with records of information and weapon data from history housed within.

Players assume the role of either a human male character named Vent or his female counterpart, Aile, who are employees of the Girouette Express, a courier service that takes jobs transporting anything to anywhere. On a job accompanying their boss, Girouette, to transport a package containing Model X and Model Z Biometals, they are attacked by a mysterious group of Mavericks who seeks to take the material for themselves. During the scuffle, the Model X Biometal is absorbed into the main character, causing a transformation into Model X form while the Model Z Biometal fuses with Girouette. Facing innumerable enemies, Girouette lends his newfound power to his employee and the two substances combine to formModel ZX. With powerful abilities at their disposal, they must discover who the menacing enemies are and what they are ultimately after.  

CirePrahs

Edymion
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 11:05 am
This is certainly a game I'm thinking about getting. Looks interesting biggrin  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 1:41 am
whee AS all thet weren't exciting enough here's a link to a full trailer showcasing pretty much everything about Mega Man ZX.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DUr1HDysKuk&mode=related&search=mega man

Enoy the syrupy-but-actually-not-very-syrupy goodness!  

CirePrahs

Edymion
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 2:41 pm
After reading the latest Nintendo Power biggrin I am, without a doubt, getting this game 3nodding

I don't know who to play, though gonk

Male: I'm a guy, so he'd suit me better.
Female: Girls are just so much nicer to look at ninja

At least they are equally capable in playing biggrin

*tries to hide the above statements from various members >_> *  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 1:24 pm
Well, in the interview with the producer he was saying that he reccomended the guy story first, with the reason being that the girl one is a bit tougher and gets closer to the core of the tale.  

CirePrahs

Edymion
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 11:57 am
Oh? Interesting...  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 8:48 am
New tidbit!

All the game's 'levels' are not truly levels in the traditional sense. All the game's areas are interconnected Metroid style. There arewarp poits to each area after completeing it.  

CirePrahs

CirePrahs

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 4:17 pm
I've nearly beaten ZX now, it has it's share of flaws, but it was a worth while romp through future land.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 9:44 pm
Yeah sweatdrop I haven't picked it up yet. I don't quite have the funds because of...various reasons. Oh, I still have my Wii Funds (sounds so funny xd ), but this is a game I'd like to get soon. Game Informer, of course, gave it a "just slightly above average" rating rolleyes while generally insulting it.  

Edymion
Captain

CirePrahs

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 2:31 pm
Edymion
Yeah sweatdrop I haven't picked it up yet. I don't quite have the funds because of...various reasons. Oh, I still have my Wii Funds (sounds so funny xd ), but this is a game I'd like to get soon. Game Informer, of course, gave it a "just slightly above average" rating rolleyes while generally insulting it.

Yup, mostly the same rap that Mega Man games typically get. Oh, and to forewarn you, Omega is pretty much the toughest MMX style boss fight I've had in, well... ever! The Model Ox you get for it is rock'in though.  
DS Connection

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games