Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Craftin'
Plushie Question

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

~neko neko kitty~

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 7:33 pm
For Christmas (I know it's early but last year I was late, I have 3 done already) I'm planning on making my friend a plushie of his avi here. Problem is I've never made one, aside from knitted animals, before and I'm not sure where to start. I guess I'll start with a pic of the avi:
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I have felt to do a mock up of it before I invest in something nicer for the final product. Also he has a studded collar under a nitemare collar under the sash, cape, and scarf. I though it would be neat to have them removable to reveal the nitemare collar then have that be removable to reveal the other one. Would that be possible/worth it?

Oh, there's also a chain wallet hiding there. For the chain I figured I'd just use a thin piece of chain from an old necklace of mine.

I'm basically the type of person to once I get a nudge in the right direction can figure it out pretty quick. Are there any good sites that can get me a basic pattern to get me started? Do you guys have any tips/tricks?

Thanks ^-^  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 1:57 am
Check out the awesome plushie tutorial in the tutorial subforum. heart  

gemini6184

~neko neko kitty~

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 7:25 am
I'll do that... I forgot about the subforum sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 7:44 am
I checked... the page was taken down :/

Does anyone have links so far I've found http://babylondonstar.com  

~neko neko kitty~

sakurachan61123

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 9:50 pm
wtf is a hidden stitch?

You could follow that and make the person then make the clothes. As for making things removable . . . use velcro. It would work. You're most likely gonna have to do a lot of the patterns etc by yourself.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 7:37 am
sakurachan61123
wtf is a hidden stitch?

You could follow that and make the person then make the clothes. As for making things removable . . . use velcro. It would work. You're most likely gonna have to do a lot of the patterns etc by yourself.
not sure exactly sweatdrop I figured I'd have to draft most of the patterns. It'll be a great learning experience. Velrco was on my list of possiblities, it'll proably be easiest as well.  

~neko neko kitty~

sakurachan61123

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 7:37 pm
~neko neko kitty~
sakurachan61123
wtf is a hidden stitch?

not sure exactly sweatdrop I figured I'd have to draft most of the patterns. It'll be a great learning experience. Velrco was on my list of possiblities, it'll proably be easiest as well.

Buttons work too . . . I guess?  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 4:51 am
~neko neko kitty~
sakurachan61123
wtf is a hidden stitch?

i think snaps would work just as well for the scarves
and this was the tutorial that had been posted, so you found it 4laugh  

gemini6184

~neko neko kitty~

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 8:45 am
gemini6184
~neko neko kitty~
sakurachan61123
wtf is a hidden stitch?

i think snaps would work just as well for the scarves
and this was the tutorial that had been posted, so you found it 4laugh
Thanks ^^ I'm going to have to make a trip out to a craft shop soon before I move. Place I'm going to's hardware shop doubles as the craft shop, though they do have their own yarn shop... thank goodness  
Craftin'

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games