Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Grammar Guild

Back to Guilds

The Gaian Grammar Guild is a refuge for the literate, a place for them to post and read posts without worrying about the nonsensical ones. 

Tags: grammar, literate, english, language 

Reply Gaian Grammar Guild
You know you're obessed with good grammar when... Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lost In The Red

Romantic Lover

20,050 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Rat Conqueror 500
PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 1:58 pm
...when you have to wear earphones in English class because your teacher talks in ebonics.... crying

I can't wait until I'm out of her class.... Everytime I correct her she says, "I am an English teacher not a speech or grammar teacher."  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 2:12 pm
..when you type in full sentences, even in chat rooms.  

Shichimaru

Skipping_Evil_Zebra

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 5:57 pm
Ghurdrich
Does anybody actually do this?
Or am I the only one?

YEAH! And she's one of meh best friends. (Reads the dictionary for fun, ALWAYS correcting our grammar, she and I get in many minor arguments over grammar, I'm suprised she's not in this guild.) Now, after knowing her for over a year, I am classified as a grammar freak by most everyone I know, even though I know I'm not that bad.

Plus, I've got a good one.
If run-ons make you puke
OR
If you always re-state whatever your friends say when they use a run on.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 6:05 pm
SirCharles999
I don't really Care if my freind use Improper Grammar I meen I say tlk sometimes : Instead of Talk if it means much smile

AHHHH! Okay, I hate to be rude, but that was scary. May I correct you? Okay, I'm not going to wait for an answer. I shall underline the parts I fixed.

I don't really care if my friends use improper grammar. I mean, I type "tlk" sometimes (no need for a colon) instead of talk if it means much smile

Phew... I really needed to get that out of my system.  

Skipping_Evil_Zebra

Skipping_Evil_Zebra

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 6:06 pm
You spelled "friends" wrong. How sad... Let's all hope that you typed that very, very, extremely quickly.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 6:11 pm
I was just about to correct it myself had you not beat me to it.

-When you spend more time at the guild than anywhere else on Gaia.

Skipping_Evil_Zebra
You spelled "friends" wrong. How sad... Let's all hope that you typed that very, very, extremely quickly.

Umm, for the record you don't usually have an adverb following right after another one. It sounds wierd when you say it. You should stick simply with very, very, quickly.  

xAvenirYuinax

The Man who was Thursday

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 6:34 pm
xAvenirYuinax

Skipping_Evil_Zebra

Umm, for the record you don't usually have an adverb following right after another one. It sounds wierd when you say it. You should stick simply with very, very, quickly.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

Hahahaha.

"very", "extremely", and "quickly" are all adverbs. Not to mention the fact that you horribly abused commas.

So much bloody hypocrisy here. :/

Heheheh.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 6:45 pm
Ezra Pound
xAvenirYuinax

Skipping_Evil_Zebra

Hahahaha.

"very", "extremely", and "quickly" are all adverbs. Not to mention the fact that you horribly abused commas.

Heheheh.

Okay, then get rid of the extra emphasis and stick with either "very quick" or "quickly." XD

Yes, hypocrisy indeed. We seem to live in a world of it. >.<  

xAvenirYuinax

The Man who was Thursday

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 6:49 pm
xAvenirYuinax
Ezra Pound
xAvenirYuinax

Skipping_Evil_Zebra

Hahahaha.

Heheheh.

Okay, then get rid of the extra emphasis and stick with either "very quick" or "quickly." XD

"Very quickly" is still an adverb modifying an adverb.

I have no problem with it. A lot of English teachers will tell you "if you need to use 'very', you actually just need to find a stronger word."

I was just pointing out error 'cause I'm so good at it.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 12:43 pm
Ezra Pound
xAvenirYuinax
Ezra Pound
xAvenirYuinax

Skipping_Evil_Zebra

Hahahaha.

Heheheh.

"Very quickly" is still an adverb modifying an adverb.

I have no problem with it. A lot of English teachers will tell you "if you need to use 'very', you actually just need to find a stronger word."

I was just pointing out error 'cause I'm so good at it.

Ah, see, mine English teacher prefers analyzing and praising To Kill a Mockingbird in all its symbolic glory. She's not that much of a grammar freak.

Erm... this is getting slightly off-topic... You can carry this into pms if you want.  

xAvenirYuinax

Seferius Slyferin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 12:50 pm
Eeep large quotage.

'You lose sleep over a misspelled word'
'You get in a fight with your english teacher about the meaning of an old english word'

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 12:53 pm
My old english teacher makes more mistakes than an average student does. >.> It's sad.  

ErgoPr0xy

Queen of the Blue Twins

1,250 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 8:20 pm
My high school Journalism teacher would leave a note for any substitue teacher instructing them to give me any articles that had been turned in that day. One teacher refused when she realized that I was in the 6th grade and not actually in high school yet. The school paper was just an after school hobby and I was better than the current editor who was graduating that year.

It's actually sad how far I have slipped in my proper useage of the English language. Something I hope to fix before my children figure out I'm not really perfect. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 2:09 pm
You know you're obsessed with grammar when you'r english teacher becomes your student after a week of being in the class.  

Starry Phoenix

Embargo_ograbme

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 3:44 am
The MoUsY spell-checker
Klandy
Ok, most every guild has this.
You know your obessed with good grammar when...

It's "you're", not "your", and shouldn't that be "almost every guild has this"?

Litia_Echo
You start correcting your friend's grammer whenever they are talking.
You are told you are too proper because of the way you speak. (Even though you are a rocker or something.)
You get into small agruements with yourself about your own grammer.
You can pick out grammer flaws on people's T-shirts and the such.
That's all I can think of at the moment.

It's grammar.

By the way, did anyone see this? It's a list about grammar on Keepers of Lists (a site for funny lists).
]http://www.keepersoflists.org/index.php?lid=5767

well that was a whee bit rude. I'm sorry but I hate it when people do that.  
Gaian Grammar Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff