Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reality: Resurrection!

Back to Guilds

relax with us 

Tags: contests, games, variety 

Reply 21: ...And the Cow Jumped Over the Moon...
Teenage mother (my friend, not me)... advice? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Teenage motherhood?
  Don't get me STARTED on that one. It's too... oh, nevermind, 10 gold for me
View Results

Thee Hecate

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 5:47 pm
So lets see...If your friend was pregnant, then she should be about 6 months along by now...how are things going for her??

I know from my own personal experience that it is very important to have the support of your family...no one can raise a baby by themselves...it just to difficult to do. Raising a baby is both physically and mentally exhausting.

I was 21 when I got pregnant and I was 22 when my daughter was born. I had just broken up with her sperm donor when I found out. The toughest part was telling my mom about it. I thought about all the things that my mom was likely to say to me and I thought about how I would answer each and every one of them. Then I went and talked to my minister and explained the situation to him. We set up a time to get together with my mom to talk to her. She totally disappointed me by not saying any of the things I was sure she was going to say. Instead she just got all happy about being a granny and gave me a big hug and a sloppy kiss on the cheek.

To be honest with you all, my mom and I got a better relationship out of all of this. She had always had a hard time relating to me when I was a kid because I was not the type of girl she was expecting to have. But once I was a mommy to be, we finally had something in common.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 11:41 am
I'm 19 and have my first baby on the way. Pregnancy is rough no matter what age you are. Is your friend a Gaian? We have a guild for Pregnant Teens and Teen Mothers. You may want to have her check it out.  

chibi_kasumi_108

FMA_Fangirl83

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 7:39 pm
Keeping the baby would be hard, but it's not impossible. Running away would cause more problems. She needs to be able to see a doctor. If she doesn't see one and take care of it before it's born protective services could step in once she's given birth. I'll remember her in my prayers.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 12:49 pm
i'd say just be with her and give your undivded attenchin.....  

Le Grim Reaper

crystalized_1

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 10:26 am
OK I do know about this first hand.

NOT myself but my 18 year old daughter. I am saying THIS IS TOO HARD...

My daughter moved out to loose her place and move back in here with me.. I help ALOT with hte baby but it is hard...

She still thinks cause the baby she is grown and im here to tell you she isnt.

IT is very hard... it is very frustrating..

I am not by any means saying abortion is an answer for her.. BUT does she or will she have the grandparents help???

Will she be able to finish school??  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 4:55 pm
My friend (who is 16) was raped and only told me ... which was about 2 weeks after it happend.. she later found out she was pregnant but abortion is illegal in this country (ireland) so she had to tell her parents .. she didnt want to because she thought they would be discusted with her.... they are strong catholics and made her keep the baby sad poor girl  

Exo-Polition

Blackies12

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 1:49 pm
i sayy....then let her mom be.
shes gunna keep nagging.
++ shes happy of having a baby rite??
seriously its her life!! THE MOM SHOUDD LEAVE HER ALONE!
but on the other hand the mom is part of her family.
she can demand furr an abortion. that shucks
killing a baby is a sin.
to confort her...yhuu shudd tell her to relax and try to make things brighter.
if yhuu cant do that.. well ii think the mom shudd just chill.
im sryy MOMs. but its not their fault. aint it?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 8:09 am
Whatever you do, please don't let your friend run away. It's hard enough raising a baby when you already have a home. At 15, I don't think she's going to be able to find another place to stay very easily. If she does decide to run away, see if you can get your parents to let her come to your house, so at least you know she's safe. You will have to tell her parents where she is though, no matter if she wants you to or not. Ideally, she needs to find an adult she trusts to help her get what she needs medically, and mediate with her parents for her. I think a close relative or teacher might be best.  

cairaechan

21: ...And the Cow Jumped Over the Moon...

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games