Do you think tiers are BS?
  YES YOUR SO RIGHT
  your a stupid tard tiers are always right
  i cant choose
  who gives a F@#$!
View Results

Dark Captain Gio

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 10:31 pm
I do it depends on the player i think the tiers are some serious bs.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 2:46 am
i say play with who you want. its just more fun that way. unless you wanna win, stick with top teir then. luckily, fox is my favorite character. shine-spike FTW!  

DukeDanger

demonman153

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 11:13 am
the tiers are simply a guide of potential. skill outways it by far. if you are even skill, then the tiers come into play. i.e. if sheik and bowser who are evenly matched played 10 matches sheik would probobly win 8 of them  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 10:56 am
Yeah, if you are evenly skilled with your opponent, then it matters which characters you choose. However, A greatly skilled player can face a lowly n00b. The n00b would go for Falco or Fox, and the expert would pick GAW. The n00b would still lose.  

Muffs

Noob

J-PiPe

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 4:06 pm
muffinsareyummy
Yeah, if you are evenly skilled with your opponent, then it matters which characters you choose. However, A greatly skilled player can face a lowly n00b. The n00b would go for Falco or Fox, and the expert would pick GAW. The n00b would still lose.

well...maybe not. as my brother once said, "beginners are harder to read than experts. expertss know all of their person's moves and know which ones to uses. they have a pattern, if you will. beginners on the other hand throw any attack against you. you never know what could happen next."
but i do agree that the tiers are bullshit nonetheless  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 3:37 pm
Yeah some of it i dont agree with, like mewtwo being in the bottom tier (youd understand if youd seen the mewtwo video in the front page)

i dont care though, i play great using fox,marth, or sheik mrgreen

Hot_ArmS

Chaos_Demon666

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 9:05 am
I agree with the teirs for the most part, but some characters should be higher on the list. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 5:45 pm
My friends best character is Fox, and I beat him with Bowser, and I don't use Bowser much...oh, and let me put this mildly...me and my friend are GOOD. I win 90% of the time
(not bragging, just saying...) xp  

elf_hero66

A Pharmaceutical Bandit

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 6:25 pm
The tier list is not black and white, nor is it completely accurate. It's based off of tournament placings, so it's judged by players. It's purpose is to be a general guide as to which characters (on average) are better than others. I think it's true for the most part, the only problem I have with it is Ice Climber's placement (and not just because I main ICs). It seems to me like the most popular characters have a better chance of being high tier, since there are more players using them, thus more chances for higher tournament placings. Ice Climbers are usually discarded by new players, because they are a little confusing for new players to use. For example, when I first started playing, I thought ICs were horrible. So, since more and more players start off thinking ICs are bad, less people play them. This also can be applied for Game & Watch.

But that's just my take on it, I don't have any solid proof of this... I'm just judging by my experiences.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 12:58 pm
Tires don exits.  

Einherjar O D I N
Crew

NekkyoMaster

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 2:32 pm
I think it depends on the player more than the "characters potential". Characters who are considered bad can still beat a character that's considered good if the person playing is good and familiar with the character he's using.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 5:54 pm
NekkyoMaster
I think it depends on the player more than the "characters potential". Characters who are considered bad can still beat a character that's considered good if the person playing is good and familiar with the character he's using.

Obviously, but that's the player, not the character.
What it basically means is that if you put a Fox and Bowser player of equal skill up against each other, the Fox player will more than likely win.  

A Pharmaceutical Bandit

Einherjar O D I N
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 8:20 am
Melomaniacal
NekkyoMaster

Obviously, but that's the player, not the character.
What it basically means is that if you put a Fox and Bowser player of equal skill up against each other, the Fox player will more than likely win.

Unless it's Gimpyfish. xp

Never before have I seen a man so badly eff up a spacie as Bowser. eek It truely is, a work of art.  
Miscellaneous

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games