Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sims Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for all things Sims created by Maxis/EA. 

Tags: simulation, god games, story telling, custom, Sims 

Reply The Sims Guild
Things I wish the Sims could do...

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Does anybody have any annoyances they want to share?
  Yes...
  No, my Sims are perfect in every way
View Results

Spoilt_lil_missy

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 12:31 am
1. Tell the difference between a one night stand, an affair and a proper relationship. I had 2 Sims living in a dorm. The male was engaged to a girl living somewhere else. He flirted ONCE with a very pretty girl in his dorm. His fiancee comes over, they go to bed and woohoo, and the girl he had flirted with once rushed in all jealous and nearly ruined the entire thing! I just wish they had a realistic view of relationships, so girlfriends wouldn't get jealous at the site of their boyfriend kissing his wife.

2. Figure out that when they need to go to the toilet/eat food/shower/go to bed, that they would do those things instead of something else. My Sim, he's got Free Will, he calls out to me, and tells me he's busting and hungry...what does he do? Sits down and start playing computer games! Another Sim's starving...do they eat? No, they decide a spot of piano playing is in order as I'm yelling at them to go to the fridge already.

3. I wish they could call their annoying, constantly ringing friends back by themselves. I always forget to make them do it and you can be assured that the day I'm trying to Invite the Headmaster, all my Sim's friends are calling and hogging up the line. Call him back by yourself!  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 9:31 am
ya totaly!  

TheBluFairy

Sweet_Melissad

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 5:36 pm
I completely agree with the relationship thing. They just don't get what should ruin a relationship, and what shouldn't. They also are very blind to the obvious at times. Like once I had my lady cheat on her husband with another guy and they guy wouldn't get out of her bed so he was just sleeping in their bed when her husband came home, and he thought nothing of it. Personaly, when I'm married, if I came home to find another woman sleeping in my bed I would probably think something of it...  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 10:32 am
You covered mostly what I wish sims would do. But another thing I wish they could do is run a more variety of businesses.  

Oceanic_Alchemist

DerangedxCandyxNinja

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 10:49 am
Yeah they can't be romantic and stay in one relationship ._.

Instead, nooo, they have to have multiple partners >.<

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 4:59 pm
I actually thought of some more! Well, one more...I had one in my head before but it's gone again.

4. You know, when you've got a Sim in a dorm or out in the town with male and female toilets, and their bladder is in the red, and they're standing outside the wrong door complaining that they can't get in! Why can't they tell the difference? WHY?  

Spoilt_lil_missy

Thremma

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 8:37 am
I'm with the one who wishes they'd act ot fill the necessary things. Sometimes I find myself scolding the computer. "You have to go to the bathroom - hel-lo! its jsut over tehre - go do it - don't sit down to eat, you're not hungry.

I also wish they'd act on their own to fill the wants or needs, particularly those related to professions. Sit down their own selves and study mechanical, or exercise. Or, when a biological need (sleep, hunger, bladder) gets full while studying (and I don't notice as I'm working with someone else in he household), go green it, then come back.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 8:10 pm
I've never really had a problem with a sim not using the toilet or not eating...they usually do pretty well fulfilling their basic needs like that for me. What irks me is when a sims flirts with one of my married sims, and it's suddenly MY sims fault when they did nothing to initiate it.  

Entervixen

Dedicated Lunatic

Lady Vina

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 8:19 pm
One thing that's annoying to me is when they have no food in the refrigerator and aren't able to go to the phone and order the delivery themselves.

This was the one thing that made me score bad the Insane Asylum challenge because they couldn't go the the phone and order it themselves while my Sim was at work.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 11:42 am
I'm not a big fan about how long it takes for the days times (night/day) take so long to change, everything sort of freezes for a few minutes or less...depending on the amount of memory your computer has. My comp. is already having problems with the sims 2 original and Sims 2 University, I'm looking forward to Pets, I hope it can handle at least one more. My dad is certainly getting ticked off...=^-^=;  

Aspendragon

Chrisb319

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 12:06 pm
I hope we get robot pets.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 10:43 am
I wish that teenage sims could get pregnant. I recon it'd be interesting!  

Toxic Kiss_x

Avian+Rox

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 1:47 pm
...luci...lastic...

you can you just have to download teen pregnancy!  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 1:46 pm
I have some more ideas.

Like why can't you walk to your neighbor's house or drive to it in your car? That would be real cool.

And this has nothing to do with gameplay, but the creators of TS2 for Macs should find a quicker way to release the EPs because we don't even have OFB yet.

iFad 17MB

Jason Voorhee

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 2:06 pm
...luci...lastic...
it would be to life like  
The Sims Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff