Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sugoi Shoujo

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 6:52 pm
Silverotter107
[~(Loveless)~]
I'll elaborate more later.

But, there is one person and one person only who should ever play Kenshin ...

Camui Gackt.

I agree with you all who say that having a Rurouni Kenshin movie with actual actors is a TERRIBLE idea. What would they have 'Kenshin' do? Use cables to jump up into the air so that he could reach the proper inhuman hieght and computers to show his awesome speed? He's just to strong to have that (very important) trait captured correctly with real people. And we've all already seen the anime, heard all the voice actors, imagined it with our minds. It'd just ruin it.

But, I must admit, Camui Gackt is GREAT! He's so bishonen. (I love love love bishonen guys.) I'm not sure what'd he'd be better for, though: a patriot Kenshin or a rurouni Kenshin... Although I'm still against a real life RuroKen movie, if they HAD to make it, I'd be a little bit more mellow about it if he was playing it.

i know how we make all the kenshin moves work in a real life movie....

use Jackie Chan as a stunt double.

FOR EVERYONE.

: D  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 6:52 pm
Fireshaper
Genbu no miko Marie
In my opinion, they shouldn't make a 'real life' Kenshin movie. It just wouldn't feel the same, and who knows what the director would do to it. Some scenes I can't picture being acted out in reality, it just doesn't seem like it'd work out right. What if they added more romance? Took out the humor, and basically, turned the whole series, smashed into one or two hours, into the emo OAV. I can see it happening, but I'm just looking at the negatives. Sorry, I just can't see the positive in the idea of that. And last, wouldn't it be a little weird to see Americans playing people of Japanese nationality? >.<
I agree with that. Has anyone seen the Dragon Ball Z live version? Very creepy.

I heard about that and never saw it nor did I know if it ever came out.  

Lily-Hith-Silme

Loyal Gatekeeper

9,900 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Friendly 100

Aori_BAMF goddess

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 11:36 pm
i agree that a real life kenshin movie would be horrible, but i agree with the fact that they should use japanese actors if they choose to do so. there simply isn't much american actors could offer to this series, nor technological input to "improve" kenshin's power, strength, and agility.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 11:26 am
AHURA MAZDA Ormazd
Genbu no miko Marie
In my opinion, they shouldn't make a 'real life' Kenshin movie. It just wouldn't feel the same, and who knows what the director would do to it. Some scenes I can't picture being acted out in reality, it just doesn't seem like it'd work out right. What if they added more romance? Took out the humor, and basically, turned the whole series, smashed into one or two hours, into the emo OAV. I can see it happening, but I'm just looking at the negatives. Sorry, I just can't see the positive in the idea of that. And last, wouldn't it be a little weird to see Americans playing people of Japanese nationality? >.<

I think you have a point. believe me everybody i would like to see Kenshin turned into a real life movie , ONLY if its a good one. But as how i see it. I'm a huge Comic book Fan and I've seen the X-men movies (not to mention the last one) and i think they suck! Because only us the fans that went through all the reading and therefore make a movie that has nothing to do. is horrible. So i wouldn't like if they changed the story in the movie and ruin the Kenshin Saga forever.

ONLY if it's good is darn right. However, you do make a point about the X-Men films. Marvel has absolutely NO continuity or sense of what story to put where so they just smushed them all together. razz If there's going to be the risk of having it turn into another X-Men (Not that I didn't enjoy X-Men, because I did), then just leave it as an anime and save the fans some heartbreak.  

Ladieburd

6,750 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Friendly 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
~The Rurouni Kenshin Guild~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items