Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Craftin'
GAH!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Is it normal for a new sewing machine to have one or two minor problem when you get it?
  Yes
  No
View Results

Kinky Twinkie

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 11:02 pm
(Sorry if this doesn't belong in here. **Warning-rant**)

My aunt has this wonderful beautiful old industrial sewing machine.

She got it from some dead relative person.
I want sooooooooo bad.
The only reason I won't steal from the ungrateful b***h ask my aunt for it is because I have a sewing machine.

She doesn't sew.
She had to ask me to thread if for her. Now it was a little different from most sewing machines, but I figured it out in less than a minute.

I'm the one who will most likely go take a summer program at the Parsons next year for sewing.
She I had no idea she ever sewed, she never talks about, and I have no proof she has ever made a single thing with the machine.
She keeps it away out of sight; if I had it I would try to put a frame around in and call it art.

But like I said I already have a sewing machine so I don't really need it.

(Quick question is it normal for a new sewing machine to have one or two minor problem when you get it? )

Sorry I just needed to rant. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 9:38 am
Well if she doesn't sew it's most likely hidden in a closet somewhere. I think you should ask if you could have it. You'll put it to good use, while she'll have it die in a closet somewhere if she won't use it. If she doesn't want to give it up you could offer to teach her to use it at least that way it won't go unused and die out.  

~neko neko kitty~

gemini6184

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 3:43 pm
You might put out the standing offer to 'take it off her hands' if she needs the room at any point. Or just drool. People remember when someone praised a posession of theirs as you just did to us. Like when my great-aunt moved away to live with her daughter; my mom got the couch and chairs she had loved all her life, and the car, before the daughter even got there to start dividing things among my great-aunt's grandchildren for her rolleyes (See? We all have bitchy relatives we despise) You could offer to oil it for her so it doesnt go bad on her too. Then she'll remember it was you who took care of it. But I understand how you feel. My great-aunt's 12-ft grand Steinway piano went to a granddaughter who A) didn't have the room for it and B) never even had lessons on how to play it. My mother had loved that thing and even had played on it for her, but we got the other things we wanted. It will likely take time, but that machine could be yours in the end.

And I've never had a new machine so I have no clue, but it should still be under warranty 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 6:00 pm
It's really just the smallest problem.
The bobbin case will some times wiggle it's self loose and pop out while I'm sewing.  

Kinky Twinkie

DecemberFlower

2,000 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 10:59 pm
It'd bother me if something I bought new had any sort of problem with it. If I'm buying something I expect it to be in pristine condition when I get it. And it should stay that way for a while, unless I do something to break it or mess it up.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 10:58 pm
Kinky Twinkie
It's really just the smallest problem.
The bobbin case will some times wiggle it's self loose and pop out while I'm sewing.
My sister bought a mini sewing maching, i think its by Janome? and it had the same problem. After a few times of shoving it in place, it hasn't done it again.  

kochi~mochi

4,750 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Friendly 100
  • First step to fame 200
Craftin'

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items