Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

PhantomPhoenix0

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 4:57 pm
Jameta
PhantomPhoenix0
Umm... is the Ozzy discussion still going? Cause I have a song discussion in mind.
We're changing; hold onto that idea, as NS ran me by a song through PM. If you think you'll forget it, just PM me now.

Ill remember it. Its my favorite song, so if I forget it, then I am officaly a moron.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 10:58 am
*Melodious-Magic Poke~*  

Jameta
Captain

Jameta
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 12:54 pm
Jameta
*Melodious-Magic Poke~*

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 4:37 pm
I'd like to discuss Godsmack's song "The Awakening". Do I have to send a PM to you, Jameta, or do I just throw out what the track is about?  

Lord Darc

Jameta
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 4:46 pm
Lord Darc
I'd like to discuss Godsmack's song "The Awakening". Do I have to send a PM to you, Jameta, or do I just throw out what the track is about?
In a moment, you'll be able to discuss anything and everything about that track, and whatever other music moves you. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 8:22 pm
When it comes to spiritual music, I don't really listen to anything specific. I really like the sound of the Japanese Shamisen; it has a very calming edge to it and I like using that or some traditional irish/celtic music as a backround, especially when I meditate.

Other than that I listen to music because I like the sound/lyrics sweatdrop I love The Pillows (well, for the matter, most J-rock), Interpol and Thursday. Then there's Flogging Molly and the Dropkick Murpheys, because they're Irish, rock, and I like maintaining my heritage through more modern music than the very tradtional celtic lutes and pipes. Then there's techno. I can't get enough of it >_<...

...As of now I don't have anything specific to list about any of the numerous bands I like, but I do agree with everyone else: Ozzy Osbourne has made some great music through the years he's been around. He's pretty much been a family interest since my dad was a kid.

Kabuki Doll

Lord Darc

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 9:30 pm
My music makes me angry! scream RAWR!

No, I'm joking. Actually, I listen to a lot of Heavy Metal music, actually, almost all genres of Metal except for a couple. I find a lot of the music to be calming despite the nature of it, like with the blast beats on drums, the constant screaming, and other stuff like that. A couple of examples are In Flames's track called... well, In Flames. It begins with a violin playing... almost Celtic music, and then progresses into electric guitars, but it sounds very stunning. This is actually an instrumental track, so there are no words, and it's very calming. I don't know where you could find it online, but if you want to hear it, PM me with your e-mail, and I'll try to send it to you.

Another track, though not metal, is Godsmack's "The Awakening", off the CD Faceless. Another instrumental track, with a very Native American/Shamanic style beat to it. They actually even got a shaman to do some chants on the track, though I can't find the chants anywhere, and I'd really like to know them. Anyway, the song is really quite fascinating even though it's very short. Again, I don't know where to get samples of it, so PM me with an e-mail and I'll try to get it to you.

One other area where I find good music is that of OST (Original Soundtracks) off of video games, like Disgaea and Devil May Cry. One of my favorite songs from Disgaea is the Red Moon Lullaby. The lyrics are as follows:

Japanese:
Akai tsuki, akai tsuki
Tsumi wo okashita mono-domo no
Kegare o kiyomeru
Akai tsuki

Koyoi wa dare ga
Umare kawaru
Koyoi wa dare ga
Umare kawaru

English:
Cleanses the sinful and makes them anew...
Shining brightly in the night sky,
waiting for the souls...
Who will be born again tonight?
Who will be born again tonight?
Be born again tonight?

The track is very short, only about 48 seconds long, but still very soothing. I could send that to anyone who wants it as well.

I'll try to talk more about my metal music and how it affects my "down time", as well as how it helps me out with spiritual experiences and energy releases.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 8:12 am
For me, different music will affect me differently: loud, racing songs will generally get me pumped up, while softer, slower songs will calm me down. I've actually used Breaking Benjamin tracks off of the We are Not Alone album to help me meditate and focus.

One day, I might incorporate my freestyle-movement into a prayer, ritual, or spell because my energy can be so focused by it.  

Jameta
Captain

Kuroyue

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 6:29 pm
Most of my songs are Japanese, either J-pop, J-rock, or from an anime series. Music = utopia. Most of the times I have no idea what the words mean, but words have never ever mattered to me. It's the melody the catches my ear, I could care less what the singer/band is saying.

The songs that aren't Japanese are more meditative or dance types. But all of my songs stir my spirit, and it feels good @.@ ...But most people don't listen to the songs that I listen, unless they're anime fans too.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 9:35 pm
JUst an off-the-wall note, music can be pretty powerful psychologically. My example for this is that while I was simply lip-syncing to a head-banging, appropriately-screaming song a few hours ago, my throat still feels a little raw and sore. razz  

Jameta
Captain

Winter Black
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 12:24 am
[ Message temporarily off-line ]  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 8:43 pm
I'm a big listener or Black/Viking/Folk Metal, Folk being my favourite and I think you'd all enjoy it a lot.

By the way: Most of these bands have harsh growl vocals, so have a bit of a listen and see if you like it.

Finntroll- The best Folk Metal band in the world...hell...the best band in the world!

Korpiklaani- Drinking music

Eluveitie- Very Irish sounding Folk Metal

I have quite a few more if people want to PM me for the band names and such.  

Trollhammarentime

Creepy Albino Fish

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 4:58 am
Lately I've been really into Björk, Emiliana Torrini and Dead Can Dance. All three set me into a state of relaxation, and they're great musicians. I have many other bands that I enjoy, but these especially are very good. Frou Frou's Beauty in the Breakdown is nice too.

_The Agora_ ! Art ! Focused Discussion ! Debate ! *Under Construction*

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff