Reply Sacred Sources -The Outer Forum -
Where am I going?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

skipparoo

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 10:53 pm

For the past... Year, things in my life have been intersting, and now looking back at it all, things happend for a reason. At the time they seemed totally crazy and I'm lucky to, literally, be alive.
Out of this whole experience I've learned more than ever to trust my gut. If not, things fall threw and I end up heart broken.
I can say that someone is definitly watching over me. To the point, something compleatly random came over me. I want to become a actor, crazy I know, but I've been looking this up and it almost seams perfect for me. It's the challange I've been looking for. I can't do anything to technnical otherwise it gets too repetative and the challange will soon dissapear. So art is my domain.
Skip ahead skip ahead.
I have faith but I have questions. In terms of gods who would be the best to call upon?
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 8:17 am

Good Gods, that's so like you ^.^ I'm happy for you though. Go arts!

I'd suggest look up the Greek pantheon. The Greeks pretty much invented theatre to my knowledge, so you'd get best results there.

Apollo is the father of the Muses.
Melpomene is the Muse of the tragic in theatre
The Muse Thalia takes care of comedy
Athena also works with the arts.

*I just realized that there's some lovely incest going on. Apollo is father to the Muses, but then had a son, Orpheus, by Calliope, one of the Muses...

Nihilistic Seraph
Vice Captain

Kabuki Doll

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 8:36 am

Being a Celtic myself I'd personally call on The Dagda, god of the arts.

In regards to more familiar gods, Hephaestus, god of blacksmiths, craftsmen, artisans, sculptors, metals and metallurgy, and fire, would be nearly perfect to call upon. Athena would also do, as she is patroness of artisans and craftsmen.

Of Greek pantheon, I'd probably call upon Athena. Hephaestus tends to have more association with Fire and metal work than artisans.
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 9:44 pm

If you're going to the Hellenic pantheon, Dionysos is the god honored for theatre. However, I wouldn't go after an entire pantheon just because of a career decision. A relationship with a deity is a huge deal and not something to be taken lightly.
If you decide to go for them, then I'd first research. Read Euripides. Read Greek Religion by Walter Burkert. Then contact Dionysos and see if you two are compatible. It's a long and rewarding road.

midara the happy banshee

The Bookwyrm
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 11:47 am

Kabuki Doll
Being a Celtic myself I'd personally call on The Dagda, god of the arts.

In regards to more familiar gods, Hephaestus, god of blacksmiths, craftsmen, artisans, sculptors, metals and metallurgy, and fire, would be nearly perfect to call upon. Athena would also do, as she is patroness of artisans and craftsmen.

Of Greek pantheon, I'd probably call upon Athena. Hephaestus tends to have more association with Fire and metal work than artisans.

Taliesin would also be appropriate, he being held as the greatest bard/performer to have ever lived according to the Welsh tradition and coming from divine stock himself.
Sacred Sources -The Outer Forum -

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games