Submit

Narcotic Cupcake

Fashionable Prophet

7,700 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Profitable 100
PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 5:19 am
I was reading a book that came with a rune set I bought. In it, it gives ways that you can make your own set. One part was talking about staining the wood, certain colors for masculine runes, another for the female ones, and other colors for spiritual and material runes; but it also states you can use your own blood, that this 'sacrifice' impowers your runes and makes them 'closer' to you.

So if all that is true would it work the same for tarot cards ? If you made your own tarot cards and added a little dab of your blood on each card, would it impower and make you and your cards closer ?  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 6:10 am
It is possible- as many of us know, blood is a very powerful substance, in or out of magical/spritiual context. However, believing that using blood will connect the user with the product is essential, for without the mindset, it is most likely that the desired outcome will not happen. Personally, I would not use blood with most tools.  

Jameta
Captain

The Bookwyrm
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 7:56 am
I'm not sure I'd really want to use blood on anything, let a lone my cards. I've never done anything special with them except use them and, in recent years, store them well and we're an unbeatable combination. There are other things you can do with tools to empower them and for your energies to mix. One I've used with some success is keeping it with you for a period of time. If it's something like runes or cards, you can throw them in a purse or a back pack and go. You can also leave them in your pillow case at night when you're sleeping, and that worked wonders for my fairy oracle.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 9:57 am
I'm not much of a fan of blood as a magical tool -- it's supposed to stay INSIDE my body where it belongs!

Salt water is a very good substitute if you really want to do it with that sort of symbology and don't want to shed your own blood.

That said, though, I tend to agree with Gypsy Blue. Just keeping your tools with you, storing them well, and using them regularly is a good way to attune them to you, without further means necessary.  

Jishin

Steadfast Explorer

Nihilistic Seraph
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 11:37 am
I think it all depends on the user. If your looking for simply a greater link to your tools, then another bodily fluid (like saliva, sweat or tears) would work just as fine. As for the sacrifice bit, blood-letting technically is one of the eight paths. If you feel comformtabel doing so, go ahead, but don't hurt yourself. If not, then don't force yourself. Just remember how most of magic is intent, and the tools are after-all, only tools.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 2:10 pm
Personally, I also never use blood, unless by some chance I end up cutting myself during the making of the item (which has never happened, but hey....).

I take my lessons from Nature, and you don't see too many animals out there bleeding themselves so they can have better items, ya?

On the flipside however, a good friend of mine will sometimes use her menstrual blood to empower tools. surprised  

blukattt
Crew

Jameta
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 2:57 pm
blukattt
I take my lessons from Nature, and you don't see too many animals out there bleeding themselves so they can have better items, ya?

Actually, although I forget the species, a type of deer rubs off the velvet on new horns, thus making itself bleed, and produces fine antlers. This deer also eats the velvet, thus taking the blood in.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 3:45 pm
I don't enjoy drawing blood. If I cut myself or my cat gnaws on my leg (which is becoming more common) then I just lick the wound clean. I enjoy the taste of blood..

However when I empower things, I usually imagine them forming a barrier around me (similar to a cone of power) and then I see my self merging with the barrier into one solid figure.

With my Tarot Cards I went through each one and did my best to understand the different illustrations, giving each one a special type of meaning.

And I just made a Love Talisman. I empowered with a drop of blood that my cat drew for me, seeing as how it's red and red is the color of love and passion, so that was a special circumstance.

As for your friend, blu, I can totally understand that. Menstrual blood DOES represent (in essence) the Sacred Feminine and it's naturally drawn, so I don't see why a woman wouldn't use it, unless it's just disguisting to them.

Wouldn't it suck for a girl to be a hemopheliac? She'd be lucky to live to age 13.. just thought of that.  

Quadadiddle
Crew

The Bookwyrm
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 4:34 am
Jameta
blukattt

Actually, although I forget the species, a type of deer rubs off the velvet on new horns, thus making itself bleed, and produces fine antlers. This deer also eats the velvet, thus taking the blood in.

I think it may possibly be white tail, although I can't be sure of that. I do, however, know that the reason they rub off the velvet is because it itches, so it's not so much a conscious decision on the part of the buck to bleed for the heck of it. Why they eat the velvet afterwards, is another one I don't know, but it may be due to the neutrients still contained within it. So it's a bit different than making a blood sacrifice, I think.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 6:22 am
Gypsy Blue
Jameta
blukattt

I think it may possibly be white tail, although I can't be sure of that. I do, however, know that the reason they rub off the velvet is because it itches, so it's not so much a conscious decision on the part of the buck to bleed for the heck of it. Why they eat the velvet afterwards, is another one I don't know, but it may be due to the neutrients still contained within it. So it's a bit different than making a blood sacrifice, I think.
Yeah, I didn't think it was a concious thing like our's would be. Although, it still has the elements like it... I think. sweatdrop I'm not all that awake at the moment. xp  

Jameta
Captain

Nihilistic Seraph
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 6:26 am
Jameta
Gypsy Blue
Jameta
blukattt

Yeah, I didn't think it was a concious thing like our's would be. Although, it still has the elements like it... I think. sweatdrop I'm not all that awake at the moment. xp
Plus, I'm not to sure that animals practice magic anyway. I know they can be familiars, but that's another matter.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 1:31 pm
Gypsy Blue
Yup, it's white tail, we got tons of them up here. The reason the eat it afterwards is kind of for two reasons. The main reason is so it doesn't leave a scent for would be predators (same with birth placenta), and the other is because of the nutritional value; they don't exactly have McDeernold's in the woods up here, sooo....LOL  

blukattt
Crew

Charity.Solei

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 10:29 am
To get close to Tarrot with out blood sleep with them under your pillow one or two nights. Then you'll see. be prepared for odd dreams those nights.

Also, with runes it's apart of the Runic magic. It's in the Rune traditions. So take that as you will.  
Sacred Sources -The Outer Forum -

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games