Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Order of the Phoenix: A Harry Potter Guild

Back to Guilds

Reply The Order of the Phoenix: A Harry Potter Guild
JK and the media, why they drive me nuts!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

FayeKasumiValentine1

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 8:06 am
This is a bit of a rant, but this is why I think the media is terrible. First off, they need to learn to pronounce JK Rowling's name. It is ROW as in row your boat, or row as in fight. NOT RAWLING! There is no a in her name, it is not RAWLING! Geesh, how hard is it to pronounce her name right? Second of all they've gone all to town with JK announcing that there will be deaths in book seven.

All JK has said is that there will be deaths in book seven. She said they were hard to write, and one character she had slated to die has been given a reprive. She's said nothing about it being Harry that will die. She has not said that she needs to kill off Harry or anything of that sort. That is the media taking a ball and running with it, and if I were JK I'd sue their butts.

dramallama  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 2:25 pm
I hate the media... stare  

covo

Rowena Marion

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 10:34 pm
Does anyone listen to Mugglecast? they just did a fairly long rant about it a few episodes ago. About how it isn't any sort of news to the fandom that characters are going to die, and how this whole Harry Potter who-dies-next thing pops up in the media about every six months....and annoys the hell out of faithful fans...  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 6:28 am
Yeah, the media builds up on everything they can get their hands on, even if its completely wrong or not true...poor Rowling. sweatdrop  

Xenia Sol

Greedy Shopper

6,500 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
The Order of the Phoenix: A Harry Potter Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items