Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Nihilistic Seraph
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 10:58 am
Jameta
One thing that comes to mind after reading the part about the donuts, I might have said the following:

Me: Hey, just like Church! blaugh

Fundie: *something self-, group-, or affiliation-praising* biggrin

Me: No, I was talking about the donuts. neutral

-or-

Me: Donuts- Food of the Gods! biggrin

Fundie: You mean 'God'. stare

Me: Oh please, I think He knows how to share. rolleyes

Beyond that, I might have said the following:

Me: So, you want to strive to be like Jesus, right? smile

Fundie: Of course! biggrin

Me: Well it's your lucky day- you can praise a Pagan! blaugh

Fundie: Jesus never did that! surprised

Me: Dude, know you're stuff- Matthew 8:10-12. rolleyes

Donuts, this reminds me of something.....

http://www.machall.com/index.php?strip_id=189  
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 3:06 pm
Nihilistic Seraph
Jameta
One thing that comes to mind after reading the part about the donuts, I might have said the following:

-or-

That]http://www.machall.com/index.php?strip_id=189
That was lovely, NS. xd Thanks for sharing. heart  

Jameta
Captain

Nihilistic Seraph
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 4:26 pm
Jameta
Nihilistic Seraph
Jameta

-or-

That]http://www.machall.com/index.php?strip_id=189
That was lovely, NS. xd Thanks for sharing. heart Allways glad for the ooportunity to push Machall xp  
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 7:55 pm
@Kiara: Wow. O.O;

My College seems pretty liberal. I used to wear a pentacle quite often, but now I wear a less obvious symbol - a Raven in a Celtic-Knotwork style circle. I find it represents that I'm a Pagan of some sort, without being obvious to those that would use it against me. I think most of my friends know. Technically, I'm still Seeking, looking to Native, Egyptian, Hindu and Buddhist studies for guidance in the hopes of finding a solid path. I also wear a medicine bag that I purchased at a trading post -- sure, it's probably a tourist-trap item, but it makes me think.

On a side note, I have one prof. that was always asking if I needed help. "How are you doing, Melissa? Having any trouble?" Nope. Good guy. If he knew I followed an alternative path - which I'm sure he did, because he's heard me talking about it with my friends - it didn't have an effect on what he thought of me as a student or as a person. It's unfortunate that not all profs are that kind.  

Keistera

PhantomPhoenix0

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 6:44 am
Hermetic
Oh.. and I realized that I've broken 8/10 commandments. I've never murdered or committed adultery.

9/10 for me. I've committed adultery, but no murder. I dont plan on it either. I think ive done all of the 7 deadly sins too blaugh . Oh man, I would be sooooo going to hell if I believed in it.  
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 4:05 pm
Jameta's List*:

1. I am the Lord thy God, who brought
thee out of the land of Egypt, out of
the house of slavery. So... why don't I remember that trip? Well... s**t, I have Jewish roots (great-great-grandfather on my mother's side, I believe), so I guess I'll roll with it... you make more sense (in my perspective) than some other figures.

2. Thou shalt have no other gods before
Me. Thou shalt not make unto
thee a graven image, nor any manner
of likeness, of any thing that is in heaven
above, or that is in the earth beneath,
or that is in the water under the
earth; Thou shalt not bow down unto
them, nor serve them; for I the Lord
thy God am a jealous God, visiting the
iniquity of the fathers upon the children
unto the third and fourth generation
of them that hate Me; And
showing mercy unto the thousandth
generation of them that love Me and
keep My commandments. This is so outdated; "jealous"? Definitely written by some old fart with sand up his a**. Okay, no other parts/deities before the whole- makes sense.

3. Thou shalt not take the name of the
Lord thy God in vain; for the Lord will
not hold him guiltless that taketh His
name in vain. ...Okay, so I cursed you a few times when I was young and stupid, but no one needs to know just like no one needs to know that Jesus pushed someone off a roof when he was little.

4. Remember the sabbath day to keep
it holy. Six days shalt thou labour, and
do all thy work. But the seventh day is
the sabbath in honour of the Lord thy
God; on it thou shalt not do any work,
neither thou, nor thy son, nor thy
daughter, thy manservant nor thy
maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy
stranger that is within thy gates; For
in six days the Lord made the heavens
and the earth, the sea, and all that is
in them, and rested on the seventh
day; therefore the Lord blessed the
sabbath day, and hallowed it. Ehh! Wrong era- sorry, but I am working.

5. Honour thy father and thy mother;
in order that thy days may be prolonged
upon the land which the Lord
thy God giveth thee. Gotcha'.

6. Thou shalt not kill. As in with no malicious; fine, fine.

7. Thou shalt not commit adultery. If that includes pre-martial, too late.

8. Thou shalt not steal. ...Don't think I have...

9. Thou shalt not bear false witness
against thy neighbor. Sure, I'll tell every dirty detail! biggrin

10. Thou shalt not covet thy neighbour’s
house; thou shalt not covet thy
neighbour’s wife, nor his manservant,
nor his maidservant, nor his ox, nor
his a**, nor any thing that is thy
neighbour’s. ...So just no coveting? Sheesh, it's your fault for making the language so hard for people to understand.

* Jameta uses the original Hebrew version, as pretty much everything else sucks. 3nodding  

Jameta
Captain

Akwila

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 1:14 am
Jameta
Jameta's List*:

1. I am the Lord thy God, who brought
thee out of the land of Egypt, out of
the house of slavery. So... why don't I remember that trip? Well... s**t, I have Jewish roots (great-great-grandfather on my mother's side, I believe), so I guess I'll roll with it... you make more sense (in my perspective) than some other figures.

2. Thou shalt have no other gods before
Me. Thou shalt not make unto
thee a graven image, nor any manner
of likeness, of any thing that is in heaven
above, or that is in the earth beneath,
or that is in the water under the
earth; Thou shalt not bow down unto
them, nor serve them; for I the Lord
thy God am a jealous God, visiting the
iniquity of the fathers upon the children
unto the third and fourth generation
of them that hate Me; And
showing mercy unto the thousandth
generation of them that love Me and
keep My commandments. This is so outdated; "jealous"? Definitely written by some old fart with sand up his a**. Okay, no other parts/deities before the whole- makes sense.

3. Thou shalt not take the name of the
Lord thy God in vain; for the Lord will
not hold him guiltless that taketh His
name in vain. ...Okay, so I cursed you a few times when I was young and stupid, but no one needs to know just like no one needs to know that Jesus pushed someone off a roof when he was little.

4. Remember the sabbath day to keep
it holy. Six days shalt thou labour, and
do all thy work. But the seventh day is
the sabbath in honour of the Lord thy
God; on it thou shalt not do any work,
neither thou, nor thy son, nor thy
daughter, thy manservant nor thy
maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy
stranger that is within thy gates; For
in six days the Lord made the heavens
and the earth, the sea, and all that is
in them, and rested on the seventh
day; therefore the Lord blessed the
sabbath day, and hallowed it. Ehh! Wrong era- sorry, but I am working.

5. Honour thy father and thy mother;
in order that thy days may be prolonged
upon the land which the Lord
thy God giveth thee. Gotcha'.

6. Thou shalt not kill. As in with no malicious; fine, fine.

7. Thou shalt not commit adultery. If that includes pre-martial, too late.

8. Thou shalt not steal. ...Don't think I have...

9. Thou shalt not bear false witness
against thy neighbor. Sure, I'll tell every dirty detail! biggrin

10. Thou shalt not covet thy neighbour’s
house; thou shalt not covet thy
neighbour’s wife, nor his manservant,
nor his maidservant, nor his ox, nor
his a**, nor any thing that is thy
neighbour’s. ...So just no coveting? Sheesh, it's your fault for making the language so hard for people to understand.

* Jameta uses the original Hebrew version, as pretty much everything else sucks. 3nodding
xd xd xd .......um define murder......other than that ive broken 8/10.....i was a horrid child, and sadly still a virgin  
PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 6:07 am
Under my definition, malicious killing. And if you don't know what malicious is, try Dictionary.com.  

Jameta
Captain

WitchChild212

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 1:04 pm
i'm 14 and ive already broken 7 of those rules. i think some of those commandments are abit stupid....plus you would have to live in a closet for your whole life to be saved from "hell" then again god probably would send the person to hell for not going to church every week...i still say thats impossible.  
PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 2:42 pm
Well, there's allways the VERY convenient last rites. And confession of sins=fresh soul  

Nihilistic Seraph
Vice Captain

Quadadiddle
Crew

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 3:52 am
There's a few things I never understood about Christianity..

Why we needed to goto church? A church around here said it's a mortal sin not to goto church. So long as you are faithful, does it matter where you pray? Does it also matter whether or not you consume grape juice and saltines (or w/e the church uses nowadays) every Sunday because it's the body of god?

Why we need to goto confession. It's said that if you ask god to forgive you, he will. So why do we need a priest acting as a "middle man" between you and god.

Also, the 10 commandments are indeed outdated. They were designed for a community in the Piscean age in which people had much curiosity to the unkown, and more willing to follow rules from an unknown force. And now that we're entering the Aquarian age, the age of wisdom that brings us together, I'm sure there will definately be major change within EVERY religion, not just those who follow Christ.

More into that, is it really possible to change a religion? Christianty is based on stories from the bible that were recorded ages ago. How can you make a change to say "Well, now it's okay" and honestly expect people to go with it? It doesn't sound like God to say "Okay, well.. I guess I can be more leniant" and whatnot. Unless they "find" (and by "find" I mean "fabricate") a few pieces of parchment and claim that it's a new testament to the bible.

Could you imagine the uproar that would happen if the Pope (just saying the pope because he's basically the head-honcho with Christianty, excluding God, that is) announced that the scriptures were actually mis-translated or misunderstood? Think about it, people have spent 2005 years following these scriptures because they want into heaven, but they were actually following the wrong thing. Would those who died still goto heaven because they were pure "in their mind".

Eep.. once you get me started typing something.. x_X;;  
PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 6:34 am
Hermetic
There's a few things I never understood about Christianity..

Why we needed to goto church? A church around here said it's a mortal sin not to goto church. So long as you are faithful, does it matter where you pray? Does it also matter whether or not you consume grape juice and saltines (or w/e the church uses nowadays) every Sunday because it's the body of god?
I do not believe it is written as a sin; some people just exaggerate matters, for it is a good idea to go to Church every Sunday if you can make it. My mother once told me it showed respect, for 'God is always there for you, so you should take some time out of your week for him', or something like that. Again, you don't necessarily have to go to church to do this; most people don't know other ways, and sometimes priests (in my opinion, especially those born-again and like "energetic" paths) get a power-rush by all these confused people coming.

Secondly, Communion is "the way to recieve the body and blood of Christ". It's a ritual of the church that is seen as important, and as only certain people can administer it (or so they think), many people also see this as the reason to go to church. Don't call it a ritual in the public, though, or fundies will freak. whee In any case, the First Communion is a right of passage to adulthood (so is First Confession, but we won't go there). If you are able to recieve it, it is presumed you will have the "bread", with or without the "blood". However, you would be frowned upon if you only took the wine.
Hermetic
Why we need to goto confession. It's said that if you ask god to forgive you, he will. So why do we need a priest acting as a "middle man" between you and god.
The "fear" factor. Priests also give suggestions for repentence. Think like a free therapist with a touch (or drowning) of faith.
Hermetic
Also, the 10 commandments are indeed outdated. They were designed for a community in the Piscean age in which people had much curiosity to the unkown, and more willing to follow rules from an unknown force. And now that we're entering the Aquarian age, the age of wisdom that brings us together, I'm sure there will definately be major change within EVERY religion, not just those who follow Christ.
Yeah, but trying telling that to the old coots running everything. xd
Hermetic
More into that, is it really possible to change a religion? Christianty is based on stories from the bible that were recorded ages ago. How can you make a change to say "Well, now it's okay" and honestly expect people to go with it? It doesn't sound like God to say "Okay, well.. I guess I can be more leniant" and whatnot. Unless they "find" (and by "find" I mean "fabricate") a few pieces of parchment and claim that it's a new testament to the bible.
Yes, or at least create a new branch- take Martin Luther, for example. Or anyone that has rewritten the bible, like King James (who needs a swift kick in the a**). It all goes back to interpretation, just like the way Americans can reinterpret the Constitution and Bill of Rights throughout the ages. At least, that's how I've taken it.
Hermetic
Could you imagine the uproar that would happen if the Pope (just saying the pope because he's basically the head-honcho with Christianty, excluding God, that is) announced that the scriptures were actually mis-translated or misunderstood? Think about it, people have spent 2005 years following these scriptures because they want into heaven, but they were actually following the wrong thing. Would those who died still goto heaven because they were pure "in their mind".

Eep.. once you get me started typing something.. x_X;;
Actually, as we are "sheep", the Roman Catholics would probably go, "Bah?" and wait for a new book. It's highly unlikely that everything would be denounced, but even if they changed everything, the dead would (supposedly) be forgiven in the Resurrection for any wrong doings.  

Jameta
Captain

Sacred Sources -The Outer Forum -

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas