View Results

D i v i n i t y

Tipsy Prophet

7,075 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Tipsy 100
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 11:03 am
Link is probably my 3rd best character. I like to use a lot of bombs and boomerangs. I like using a lot of b-air and f-airs. For characters like Fox that fall fast, I like to use down smash a couple of times and i like u-tilt.
If they're not nooby then It'll be a bit hard to pull of something simple like more than one down smash though. >>
I also like up-b.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 3:44 pm
my strategy is to get up close and personal I'll rush up and use some A jabs then distance myself and go long-ranged and end it with up B  

pyroka

Mister Ken Masters

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 9:44 pm
hmm, i just strategize depending on the situation
i throw a bomb at a rushing person
Possible Situations W/Bombs:
1)They will block.
Counter: Rush at them and slash. Depending on the damage they have, there's a possibility of many combos.
2)They will roll back.
Counter: As you rush at them, short-hop, throw the boomerang, they will get hit or block, and as you land, do a F-air or N-air, then more combos.
3)They will jump.
Counter: Simply jump as well and then do a N-air(I don't recommend using F-air since it takes a while for you to attack). Fastfall and L-Cancel so you can keep jumping and kicking them off the stage.
4)They stop and catch the bomb.
Counter: As you rush, they will either throw the bomb at you so you must jump, Fastfall, and perform a N-air. They will jump and throw the Bomb.......i havent thought of this one yet!!  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 8:01 pm
Link--Hero of Time
hmm, i just strategize depending on the situation
i throw a bomb at a rushing person
Possible Situations W/Bombs:
1)They will block.
Counter: Rush at them and slash. Depending on the damage they have, there's a possibility of many combos.
2)They will roll back.
Counter: As you rush at them, short-hop, throw the boomerang, they will get hit or block, and as you land, do a F-air or N-air, then more combos.
3)They will jump.
Counter: Simply jump as well and then do a N-air(I don't recommend using F-air since it takes a while for you to attack). Fastfall and L-Cancel so you can keep jumping and kicking them off the stage.
4)They stop and catch the bomb.
Counter: As you rush, they will either throw the bomb at you so you must jump, Fastfall, and perform a N-air. They will jump and throw the Bomb.......i havent thought of this one yet!!
well links n-air cancels out alot of attacks sort of an ace in the hole for counter alot of nice combos could lead off from it but for me i love to draw them close by throwing a boomerang behind them hitting them with an arrow grabbing them letting the boomerang hit them while a hilt bash them throw them down then hit them in the air get your bomb and hold it and up b them and win  

ness8

Samurai Kacheek

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 4:16 pm
I'm the Link champ, I could give out a few pointers.

1) Damaging

As long as you have some distance from the enemy, draw a bomb. Advance on them, throw the bomb while running, shoot an arrow and throw your boomerang at point blank. This seems complicated, but it's easy if you understand it. It does about 20% if done right, and you can do it quickly.

2) KOing

Do the same as above, quickly use an arrow+boomerang cobmo, then a somewhat charged smash. If they're well damaged, Link's first slash might miss but the second one should hit and KO if they're 100%+

Links down air attack is surpsingly strong, too. Along with dealing a good 22% it can KO around 100% damaged.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 3:42 pm
I agree with the person above me. Also, learn timing for side-stepping and dodge rolling around opponents. Once theyre exposed, use your A-combo and boomerang. if you fight from a distance, bombs, boomerangs , and arrows. I don't recommend it because Link has some fairly strong sword attacks, try to find a good balance.  

Codename_Omega7

stickyfeet

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 10:25 am
Wait for your opponent to get close enough to grab them. Throw a bomb straight up and then throw them up into the bomb.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 12:49 pm
For brawl, use the boomerang, then immediately followed by an arrow. The opponent will have a tough time trying to evade/block it. When they get close, chain some combos, and do the boomerang/arrow combo again.  

BeezyBalla

Techniques

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces