ehh...
  AWESOME!!
  Sad that Trent wasn't singing. :(
View Results

Gone Still

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 2:17 pm
dmchilln
now flyleaf is coving nin something i can never have

Oh God, I hate to admit it, but I have to thank that cover for REALLY getting me into them. I mean, I was into them a bit before, but not as much. Though, I hate the cover, I thought to myself "I like the lyrics," and, knowing it was by NIN, really wanted to hear the original.
Now that's one of my favorite songs...(Have the quote everywhere, even a bit in my name.) Though yeah, I didn't really like Flyleaf's version.
Linkin Park's version wasn't THAT bad...But I couldn't stand the vocals. Cash's version wasn't that bad. I didn't love it (though my brother thought it was better than the original) though it wasn't horrible. NIN still did it better. (Of course. More emotion.)
I now hate AFI even more than I did before because of their cover...I hate that thing to death. I still have yet to hear Maroon 5's version of Closer. Haha, a part of me wants to hear it (yes, of course I hate the band), though a part of me is terrified.  
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 4:00 pm
Flyleaf's cover was a pile of s**t
She just didn't have the feeling behind the lyrics like Trent does, obviously because it isn't her song

IFocusOnThePain
Crew

Tentacles-chan

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 1:07 am
I've heard the Linkin Park cover, the AFI cover, the 30 seconds to mars cover of closer ( which was still bad, but it was live, so I couldnt hear it too well.) and the marron 5 cover of closer. Suprisingly, I actually kinda like the Maroon5 cover, really its not bad. Normally I loathe that band. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 1:15 pm
"We were in the studio, getting ready to work — and I popped it in, By the end I was really on the verge of tears. I’m working with Zach de la Rocha, and I told him to take a look. At the end of it, there was just dead silence. There was, like, this moist clearing of our throats and then, "Uh, OK, let’s get some coffee."

--Trent Reznor on the video of Cash's cover of the Nine Inch Nails song "Hurt". Rolling Stone (6 March 2003)  

porkchopsdonkey

4,150 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Consumer 100

wittyalic

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 5:05 am
I_Focus_On_The_Pain
Maroon 5 covered Closer xd

OMFG what the hell??????????  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 10:13 pm
the Flyleaf cover was okay in my opinion
Linkin Park did a pretty good job considering they were covering the song live and all,
tho Johnny Cash, that's probably still one of the best covers I've heard of any song. Still isn't as good as the original, lol

AFI + Maroon 5= if you sucked before, well nothing's gonna change.  

RU1N3R

wittyalic

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 4:31 am
i heard that paramore did a nin cover!
i was quite unimpressed
did they?
has anyone heard it?
oh and what song?  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 10:49 pm
^How were you unimpressed if you've never heard it, or don't know what it is...?

The only one I thught was alright was Johnny Cash's cover of "Hurt".  

Nekrocake

IFocusOnThePain
Crew

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 3:36 am
Cash's cover is the best cover, so far, that any other band have done of an NIN song.

As to the issue of Paramore, are you sure you're not thinking of their song "That's What You Get"?

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 7:20 pm
Vampire_chick92
... probably only because i heard the cash version first and grew to like it (please no one kill me for this...)

I also heard the Johnny Cash version of Hurt before the original and I think it was so awesome! I do not think it was better than the original... but I love music... especially when you can feel the emotion pouring out of it... and Johnny Cash did that very well. I loved his version!  

kuri nikooru

The Nine Inch Nails Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces