30%  [ 6 ]
no
70%
 70%  [ 14 ]
Total Votes : 20

iolitefire

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 1:25 pm
Quote:
May I ask how psi is used for defense? (I'm not being sassy: I'm genuinely interested) Do you mean: defense against malignant energies/magic? Could you please elaborate on this? It sounds interesting (I'm like, the LEAST kinetic/psychic person on earth, but I like learning about practically everything!)

Well, I never really was into psi stuffs so I can't say for sure but I think that some techniques may be similar to energy magic defense techniques. With energy magic you make shields on yourself, on objects, and on places. I don't know if there are psychic abilities that allow you to do this but maybe there's something? I'd be kinda interested to know too since I'm not the most well-versed on kinetic stuffs.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 12:45 am
iolitefire
Quote:
May I ask how psi is used for defense? (I'm not being sassy: I'm genuinely interested) Do you mean: defense against malignant energies/magic? Could you please elaborate on this? It sounds interesting (I'm like, the LEAST kinetic/psychic person on earth, but I like learning about practically everything!)

Well, I never really was into psi stuffs so I can't say for sure but I think that some techniques may be similar to energy magic defense techniques. With energy magic you make shields on yourself, on objects, and on places. I don't know if there are psychic abilities that allow you to do this but maybe there's something? I'd be kinda interested to know too since I'm not the most well-versed on kinetic stuffs.

eek Wow...that sounds complex. Shields? I've heard of those, but I don't really understand what they are, in relation to magical workings. Is there a form of shielding that can be done without psi skills? This may sound fluffy-ish, but is there a way to shield yourself with magic using your element? I'm just wondering if it's possible, because if your element is the element you are able to work with best, then creating a defense out of it would be logical, right? Because I'm pretty sure that if you need psi talent to defend yourself from harm whilst working, I'm pretty much up the creek without a paddle, because I'm not psychic at all. gonk  

Rioto_Kish

Nihilistic Seraph
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 5:41 am
Rioto_Kish
iolitefire
Quote:

eek Wow...that sounds complex. Shields? I've heard of those, but I don't really understand what they are, in relation to magical workings. Is there a form of shielding that can be done without psi skills? This may sound fluffy-ish, but is there a way to shield yourself with magic using your element? I'm just wondering if it's possible, because if your element is the element you are able to work with best, then creating a defense out of it would be logical, right? Because I'm pretty sure that if you need psi talent to defend yourself from harm whilst working, I'm pretty much up the creek without a paddle, because I'm not psychic at all. gonk
There's a very easy grounding and shielding exercise that you can do. Visualize yourself as a tree. Try to feel your skin get hard as bark, your arms split into branches, and your feet to roots that sink and anchor into the ground. Feel your roots sinkng in, and then drawing up energy; bright pure light that washes through your entire body. Draw it up and feel it burst throguh your head to make leaves, then cascade around your body. Keep on doing this, visualizing the energy making a curtain around you. As first, the energy will be rather whispy, but soon enough it will strengthen.

This also works as an aura/chakra cleansing exercise. Good to do once in a while.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 4:00 am
Nihilistic Seraph
Rioto_Kish
iolitefire
Quote:

There's a very easy grounding and shielding exercise that you can do. Visualize yourself as a tree. Try to feel your skin get hard as bark, your arms split into branches, and your feet to roots that sink and anchor into the ground. Feel your roots sinkng in, and then drawing up energy; bright pure light that washes through your entire body. Draw it up and feel it burst throguh your head to make leaves, then cascade around your body. Keep on doing this, visualizing the energy making a curtain around you. As first, the energy will be rather whispy, but soon enough it will strengthen.

This also works as an aura/chakra cleansing exercise. Good to do once in a while.

Thank you! blaugh Uh, sorry to be a pain, but I seem to have problems visualising. Every night, I try and 'ground' myself with this exercise that kind of made itself. (I know that sounds crazy, but let me explain!)

While I lie in bed, I keep my arms at my sides, and focus on my breathing (as best as I can) I breath in for 5, hold for 3, breathe out for 5, and hold for 3. I do that until I'm calm and my breathing has slowed. Then, I'll let my body breathe naturally, and (I swear, this visualisation just found its way into my head) I'll see my body filled with a bright, yellow light. On every exhalation, I see some of the bright yellow light being absorbed into the earth, and with every inhalation, I visualise a dull, brown light from the earth being pulled back into my body, mixing with my own yellow light and dulling it slightly. I continue this until the light inside my body is a very dull brown, having been mainly replaced by 'light' from the earth.

Okay, that probably sounded fluffy, but I was just trying to slow my breathing and I just started to visualise this. Unfortunately, I cannot see the visualisation very clearly. I have to have my eyes closed, and I have to concentrate very hard. I'm not sure if it's actually working and grounding me, or I'm just wearing myself out with the concentration. sweatdrop However, I don't feel as jumpy after the exercise, so I think it might be working.

Will I be able to do this shielding exercise, if I can't do my exercise? (it might be better if I didn't do exercises I made myself... emo ) Or will it be too difficult for me?

Thank you again, Nihl for the exercise and advise! 4laugh  

Rioto_Kish

Mitsui_Aomori

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 3:38 pm
the whole point to pagaism is that you can borrow the esence or life force (power) from an element and use it as you will, not take complete control of it, its impossible... neutral  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 9:09 am
Mitsui_Aomori
the whole point to pagaism is that you can borrow the esence or life force (power) from an element and use it as you will, not take complete control of it, its impossible... neutral
Uh... not entirely.

For me, it has little to do with it -- there's much more to it than that.  

Jezehbelle

MollyFu

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 8:04 pm
Mitsui_Aomori

Why can't people understand that Paganism is a mixture of over 2000 religions. Look it up in the wiki...paganism is anything not of the Abrahamic religions, Judaism, Christianity, and Muslim. Please don't make it sound like all pagan religions use elements or do anything so confining. Kind of offensive to those of us that are pagan that don't use elementals.
Just sayin...sorry so off topic.  
Sacred Sources -The Outer Forum -

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces