Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sims Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for all things Sims created by Maxis/EA. 

Tags: simulation, god games, story telling, custom, Sims 

Reply The Sims Guild
:( Is this just me?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

~Strawberry-Memories~

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 7:47 am
Or is OFB like major HARD and I can't get no where on it...when I opened a home business my sims got such in a bad mood....and.............................................DIED!  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 7:57 am
well...i'm cheat crazy so it really didn't seem that hard to me. sweatdrop
I don't have my OFB installed right now, because when my computer crashed i had to reinstall the sims...and I've only reinstalled the original and nightlife. :/  

The Mighty Enchilada

~Strawberry-Memories~

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 8:05 am
I only cheat when I really really need to 4laugh wish their was one for Uni. to make it faster.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 8:11 am
me too.

Even with cheats on university it takes FOREVER. D;
crying  

The Mighty Enchilada

~Strawberry-Memories~

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 6:54 pm
I know.... cry  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 4:04 pm
I think that it's really hard too. I had a home business with one of my ladies, and then I ended up splitting the work between her and her roomate so that I could keep their moods up.  

Sweet_Melissad

FullMetalBananaStickers

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 5:06 pm
Aww, yeah. I'm kind of a semi-anti-cheat kinda person....so it's hard for me. If you think HOME businesses are hard, don't even try to open up a community one. *dies* At least you can go to sleep and stuff at home... gonk  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 2:37 pm
OFB has more of a learning curve than the other EPs, but I don't find it all that hard, so much as challenging. lol, my main sim is a vampire, and she runs an all night bakery. I have to time it just right otherwise the sun rises and she freaks out, but it gets easier with practice.  

Entervixen

Dedicated Lunatic

SirEmino
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 3:45 pm
I personally think home business is worst than community lot business. Why? Because every funds that were used for daily chores like food, bills and personal furnitures were counted as business lost. Unless you're creating a nightclub which dont need you to restock a lot, home business tends to be messy!  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 9:12 pm
Sir Emino
I personally think home business is worst than community lot business. Why? Because every funds that were used for daily chores like food, bills and personal furnitures were counted as business lost. Unless you're creating a nightclub which dont need you to restock a lot, home business tends to be messy!

You're absolutely right! I'm running one of each and on my home business I gave the house a makeover and sent the shop 20k into debt. It probably wasn't the smartest thing to do, but I needed extra space for a baby they had had after the store opened. There are good sides about both.  

Spoilt_lil_missy

Chrisb319

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 12:35 am
OFB is pretty hard because it requires that the other sims in your town actually HAVE money to buy stuff from you. IF you keep at it eventually you will get the hang of it. Not saying it's not going to take a long time. ONe of the things I did was have my sims make servos's and sell them to all the other sims. servo's cost 3,000 I sell them for 10,000 major profits. Try having you shop sell something specific i've been told that shops selling all sorts of things don't do verry well.

Best shop you can have opened is selling your trade. Servo's, retaurants etc.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 11:36 pm
Omg..My cousin had to erase everything (sims and internet and all that) And start from scrap cause' his computer had too many virus's gonk  

Shiyu Nakiro

Late Shift

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 1:44 am
Shiyu_Nakiro if that happens you should invest in a zip drive to back up your 'hood'. I reformat often, and love mine.

I really dislike OFB. I hardly use anything from it, and I don't enjoy running my own shop. I hope pets is better (but I doubt it), but at least I can look forward to the next stuff pack.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 3:34 pm
I have it, and my sims made 10,000 dollars in the first 2 days! I think it's easy, unless the customers are stupid and hate all the items, but that doesnt always happen, if they do i make them leave. My people make a lot of money, and i can still control them unlike when they are at work.  

Kitties_at_the_disco

The Sims Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff