Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Guitarhero356

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 12:21 pm
Neko_Bast
Guitarhero356
Neko_Bast
Guitarhero356
If a spirit is bugging someone and the person does not want the spirit there, and there is no point to the spirit being there that is of help to the person then that is interfering with free will.

As I said, its only interfering with free will if the spirit is making that person do something agenst their will, not must being anouing.
So, would you like it if some spirit were bugging you 24/7? Wouldn't you appreciate it if someone was nice enough to chase it off for you?

lol...... rolleyes you have no idea. I can sence ghosts, so I'm constently seeing and feeling spirits. Pluse you didn't "chase it off," you clamed you killed it. Which I highly dout.

And Missmagpie has a point about banshees.
Well, you can kill a spirit, make it so it is nothing but energy so to speak, but even then it can still come back to spirit life so it's really only a temporary fix.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 5:06 pm
Whoa. I've been there, dude.

But Lilith sending Banshees at you? Sound a bit odd. neutral  

TDR Mule

2,550 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Wall Street 200

Neko_Bast

Tricky Cat

19,600 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 2:03 pm
Guitarhero356
Neko_Bast
Guitarhero356
Neko_Bast
Guitarhero356
If a spirit is bugging someone and the person does not want the spirit there, and there is no point to the spirit being there that is of help to the person then that is interfering with free will.

As I said, its only interfering with free will if the spirit is making that person do something agenst their will, not must being anouing.
So, would you like it if some spirit were bugging you 24/7? Wouldn't you appreciate it if someone was nice enough to chase it off for you?

lol...... rolleyes you have no idea. I can sence ghosts, so I'm constently seeing and feeling spirits. Pluse you didn't "chase it off," you clamed you killed it. Which I highly dout.

And Missmagpie has a point about banshees.
Well, you can kill a spirit, make it so it is nothing but energy so to speak, but even then it can still come back to spirit life so it's really only a temporary fix.

rofl  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 11:18 pm
I'm not sure about the whole spirit killing thing i know i have gotten rid of a few for a friend who was bothered by them but it was by no means killing them. The banshies how ever this is really getting on my nerves though people always questioning about them maby they arnt banshies maby they are freaking banshie like beings that he just related and asumed to be banshies im figuring not everyone is 100% right all the time if something is bothering them what it is i know that i didnt expect it to be a ghost bothering me when i was trying to sleep. I thought it was a demon because thats what i just asumed it to be since i thought it harmful.  

Ezinu

Unbeatable Hoarder

4,850 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Member 100
  • Trader 100

Naomi Tinuveil

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 12:10 am
::smacks self on forehead:: Was someone playing around with something they shouldn't have again. ::sigh:: Usually most god/goddess/entities are pretty forgiving unless 'pissing them off' was an intent to which you went out of your way for.

I've found that it's pretty rare to have something mess with you for no reason whatsoever. But then again, I'm pretty easy going and apologetic so I really don't tend to piss anything off. sweatdrop

As for killing the spirit . . .First off, what was your motivation for killing it. Second, what was his motivation for sending it? Now, killing the spirit, highly doubtable, even if you are adept at such things so early in life . . . you probably only rearranged it's position on the astral plain either A)confusing it. B)Sending it off for now C)pissed it off more or D) you didn't really do anything, but it doesn't feel like bothering you anymore.

As for lillith, she's only evil when provoked, and even then it's only been found as revenge for a wrong that has been inflicted upon her. She doesn't go around harming others without intent. And as always, Lilith's history is one that has always been left up to interpretation of context. . . . And since when does Lilith send "Banshee's"?

::shrugs:: there are too many details left un-noted for me to comprehend what is ACTUALLY going on.

My advice:
Relax
Make some tea
Meditate on the situation at hand in a clear/untouched area.
Possibly try calling either of them out mearly to talk. Sometimes I've found if I simply send out a plea for compromisational talk . . . they tend to respect my request. Most entities, ((especially those classified as mischevious)) almost always tend to be up for a "comprimise" or "bargin". Just take things easy at first and attempt to make peace (Even if they're in the wrong) and think things through, instead of acting so rash (ex: "killing" a spirit.)

**Oh, and Asmodeus is the father of the "Lilin" or Daughters of lilith. Which is Lilth's host of demons. I wouldn't quite put it that he is her "pawn" so to speak. But seeing as how they are not in a "relationship" I could kind of see how she could "use" him as a pawn. Though that is another part of her legend that has to be left up to interpretation.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 12:53 am
You know, this is actually kinda off base but I've read up on this thread and I have to say, anything I'd like to add to the conversation has already been said. That and since the one who started the thread hasn't posted for a couple of months.

Anyway, I just wanted to say that a few of you guys are really awesome. Not only were you logical and reasonable, but you also are down with the whole common sense thing.

Neko_Bast, Naomi Tinuveil, missmagpie, and Jameta: You guys rock my socks. I'm happy that this guild has awesome people like yourselves!  

iolitefire

Naomi Tinuveil

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 12:55 am
Here is the link to the passage I have about Lilith that I have posted in my Guild Folklore Subforum.

Rustic Earth -> Myths & Folklore -> Lilith  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 11:17 pm
Well ******** with deities/Aspects is generally a bad idea.

I don't recall pissing off anyone. Then again me and Misdirection are a lot closer then most would suspect, so even if I did, I probably could get out of any serious trouble.

And in really serious cases I've got Brimstar. The Star/Radiant Energy Aspect tends to be dangerously strong.

Almost to the point that I hesitate to channel him unless I really think I'm in a lot of danger.

Generally its just local Spiritual Reflections and entities that I tend to get on the wrong side of. There's a street in a town north of mine, for instance that has this really hostile Spiritual Reflection in it.

I think its a location's SR that had its mirror broken a while back (like a building that got knocked down or something) and its really really heavy on the negative energy.

I want to piss myself in fear whenever I drive on that road (and it sucks, its the only way through and its presence is overwhelming). Of course, I think its just hostile to anything, but I did channel Brimstar once when i was passing through out of fear, and although the presence was forced away then, every single time after that it was 100 times worse.

Like it knew that I was the source of that ferocious energy that pushed it away, and it was determined to crush me.

So now I have to channel one of my protective Aspects everytime I pass through that road.

It sucks.

Edit: and its hard to negotiate with the SR of a building. They tend to be kind of... its hard to put it to words... solid and stubborn? Immovable? Inflexible? Its just difficult.  

PoeticVengeance

Pelta

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 3:40 am
PoeticVengeance
I want to piss myself in fear whenever I drive on that road (and it sucks, its the only way through and its presence is overwhelming). Of course, I think its just hostile to anything, but I did channel Brimstar once when i was passing through out of fear, and although the presence was forced away then, every single time after that it was 100 times worse.
Ever considered the fact that a strong light makes the shadow darker?

Fighting against something like that often gives it power. Darkness feeds on fear.

Edit: Incidentally, the opposite is also true. A little light goes a long way when surrounded by darkness.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 6:00 pm
missmagpie
PoeticVengeance
Ever considered the fact that a strong light makes the shadow darker?

Fighting against something like that often gives it power. Darkness feeds on fear.

A good analogy and quite possibly exactly what happened.

I think I was just guilty of overkill in that situation, and it backfired on me.

Quote:

Edit: Incidentally, the opposite is also true. A little light goes a long way when surrounded by darkness.

Yeah, but Brimstar is not a little light by any means. Channeling him is something that tends to really affect my spiritual surroundings in a strong and occasionally damaging way.

Almost like, too much light will actually burn you.  

PoeticVengeance

Sacred Sources -The Outer Forum -

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces