Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sims Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for all things Sims created by Maxis/EA. 

Tags: simulation, god games, story telling, custom, Sims 

Reply The Sims Guild
What is OFB Like.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Briannabo

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 8:14 pm
Ugh, I haven't gotten this EP yet. Can anyone be kind enough to tell me some stuff about it. Plus stuff they like about it? smile Thanks heart

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 8:21 pm
I don't like it. I have tried two shops and both failed. First thing to warn you about is your sim must be rich to open anything other then a home shop, and even then it helps. I feel I control my sims life enough I dont need to do it while he is at work also.

I would really like a Servo, but from what I understand I can't get one with out having a shop... So no Servo for me.  

Late Shift

Briannabo

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 8:56 pm
hmm, you're making it seem quite hard. Oh well I like challanges sometimes.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 10:14 pm
Late Shift
I don't like it. I have tried two shops and both failed. First thing to warn you about is your sim must be rich to open anything other then a home shop, and even then it helps. I feel I control my sims life enough I dont need to do it while he is at work also.

I would really like a Servo, but from what I understand I can't get one with out having a shop... So no Servo for me.

You don't need a shop to get a Servo. You just need the robot craftbench and a gold talent badge in robot construction.

Personally, I love Open for Business. It can be a little tricky, especially at first, but it's a lot of fun and the challenge just makes it all the more rewarding when you finally succeed. smile  

Super Goo

Newbie Noob

Briannabo

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 10:18 pm
ohh, man. I can't wait until I get this EP smile . I'm so excited. n_______n

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 12:58 am
Personally, I absolutely love it! It took me a while to figure out, I couldn't sell anything in my shop because I didn't know how to set things for sale, but once I figured that out (and therefore my customers stopped fighting) I started to have a lot of fun. I don't think your Sim needs to be super rich to make it work, though having some extra cash is handy.

My favourite feature? The salon chair that allows my Sim to give all the ugly townies makeovers! Have you ever looked at a townie and thought "She'd look so much better with a different hairstyle"? Well, now you can change it! I just offer Free Makeover and away I go. My neighbourhood is much more attractive  

Spoilt_lil_missy

Briannabo

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 1:40 am
OOH, I'm even more excited whee

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 3:23 am
I LOVE IT. Sure, not all sims in my neighborhood have businesses, but they are a lot of fun and very challenging. With it I can also dress up my townies and change their appearances without hacks, which is by opening a boutique and a saloon.  

SirEmino
Captain

Terms of Insanity

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 10:55 am
Its awesome!!!!

New items are cool
and its easier with cheats! blaugh xd 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 2:31 pm
I really like it too. The learning curve for the business part took a bit, but it became easier after I figured out how to manage my business and do well (tip: firing employees instead of laying them off turns them into irate customers, hehe). My servo drove menuts, when she wasn't flirting with everything she was ronning amok lol, but not everyone has the problems I do with the servos, hehe.  

Entervixen

Dedicated Lunatic

The Sims Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces