Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Craftin'
Feeling not so ambitious.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Caitiebear

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 9:39 pm
So I've been on a hiatus from Gaia for a while, and I really haven't been feeling too ambitious to do any of my hobbies. I get married on Saturday. Maybe that has something to do with it...anyhow. I knit, sew, and crochet.

...anyone make a suggestion of something I should do to get my creativity off of the back burner? I was thinking of making a Hogwarts scarf. That's the only real scarf I want to make. Anyone suggest anything else?  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 3:21 am
Fanplushies. Little tiny ones. And paper mache dioramas for them to live in. 3nodding  

Lychee Fruit

Dangerous Stalker

15,900 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100

LadyAnubis

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 9:42 am
Congratulations, and I'm glad you're back (...not that I really know you, but it's the thought that counts whee ). I was going to suggest a scarf as well, but the little plushies sound fun, too. I've done them before; quick, simple, and cute as hell.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 3:00 pm
dishclothes are mindless...
also, congrats on marriage

firrantello

DecemberFlower

2,000 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 10:37 pm
I would go out and buy some nice yarn that I really love and make something with that. Of course, that's provided that there's money available to do that sort of thing.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 1:17 pm
Congratulations on getting married!
Some of the things I do when I'm feeling bored with my crafting and need inspiration:
1. go to Craftster.org and read the discussion board for my crafts.
2. I have a folder for pictures of things that I'd like to try to make sometime that I go through when I'm feeling uninspired.
3. I'll page through my stitch dictionaries and see if anything jumps out at me.
4. page though a recent issue of a crafting magazine.
5. go to my local yarn store and "pet" the yarn while letting it suggest what it wants to beccome.
I hope my list helps get you back into a creative frame of mind.  

ForestGreen

Green Fairy

curli

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 4:44 am
My suggestion would be not to force yourself. Hobbies are fun, that's what they're there for, but if you force yourself to do something, it becomes more like a chore and then the entire point is lost. However, there's nothing wrong with searching for inspiration. So I would probably follow Forest Green's list, because it's great, and see if I'm feeling better afterwards. And if you find inspiration, awesome! But if you don't, no sweat. Keep looking and you'll see, soon enough you'll get to crafting again.

Sorry if this made no sense.

Oh, and congratulations on the wedding, best wishes.  
Craftin'

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games