Submit

Been there?
  Yeah
  Nope
  I'm checking it now...
View Results

Seira Relur

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 11:12 pm
Have you checked out this site? God Checker is an easy-to-use, easy-to-comprehend site that is awesome when you just want to get the basics flat out on any deity of a bunch of pantheons. I think it's great... when you just want something short and sweet. Though when they talk about the myths they can be kind of vague... but still, it's a great search engine. You can search by name, pantheon, gender, or by what it governs. And for that, it's pretty sweet (it's one of the ways I get ideas for my artwork). Anywho... wondering what you all think of it.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 7:34 am
I've been using god checker for awhile now. I love it, though I think they take awhile to update it.  

Vertigo_Kiwi

Tipsy Wench

Esteloth

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 10:23 am
Thank you for the link... I will definitely check it out^-^.

[edit]Btw, your gallery is awesome!!!!  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 11:28 am
I YOINK YOUR WEB LINK! But seriously now, that iste is just what I was looking for.  

Guitarhero356

Kamikaze Noodle

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 9:33 am
Yush Yush, I love godchecker biggrin
It gives you a basis you can use later to look up more on the topic, and it's quite entertaining at it's job whee  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 2:27 pm
they need a search mode to look for deities related to a specific thing. i'm looking for a god i worshipped in my last life. it's a celtic god of war or battle or death or something like that, but i can't remember the name.  

DR490N

midara the happy banshee

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 10:23 pm
DR490N
they need a search mode to look for deities related to a specific thing. i'm looking for a god i worshipped in my last life. it's a celtic god of war or battle or death or something like that, but i can't remember the name.

They do. You can search by attribute. And, if all else fails, you can look at the A-Z list of all 120 Celtic deities.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 7:20 am
War and Death? I'm guessing that it would be the Morrigan.  

Nihilistic Seraph
Vice Captain

MOD66

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 8:19 am
Nihilistic Seraph
and you called her a b***h? nili its a surpise your even alive today  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 9:48 am
DR490N

Which Celtic pantheon? Irish, Scottish, Welsh, or Continental?

As for the site, it looks interesting. I'm a bit disappointed, though. The first god I look up, there's an error in the information (minor detail, but it's still nice to see it done accurately). It looks like a good resource to get you going, however.  

The Bookwyrm
Crew

Starlock
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 9:51 am
The site is useful, but it really lacks detail on the mythology. So it has limited usefulness to me. A good starter ref, but not great for any sort of intense research, unfortunately.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 6:03 pm
I find it too vague to be useful, but that's me. I'm always looking for the right balance between WAY TOO MUCH, which I find often and not enough to get a real taste or any sort of understanding.  

blindfaith^_^

7,200 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200

Nihilistic Seraph
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 9:50 pm
Twack
Nihilistic Seraph
and you called her a b***h? nili its a surpise your even alive today
I usually spoke to Her more protective side most of the time, and I also went into shock right after, so i think my fear amused her enough not to punish me.  
Sacred Sources -The Outer Forum -

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games