Happy Lammas Everyone!!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Happy Lammas to you!
  Likewise!
  Thank you!
  Bah! Humbug... (Wait, isn't that more toward Yule?)
View Results

Azana Brown

Supercharged Protagonist

40,975 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Novice Mage 100
  • Battle: KO 200
PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 4:08 pm
I know that it's a little early to be wishing this, but I'm almost never online on the holidays, so I thought I'd n** this one in the bud. That, and I've never started a thread in this guild before. sweatdrop

So, discuss Lammas plans, recipes, or just come in and celebrate! heart  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 5:02 pm
Azana Brown
I know that it's a little early to be wishing this, but I'm almost never online on the holidays, so I thought I'd n** this one in the bud. That, and I've never started a thread in this guild before. sweatdrop

lol i thougt you ment the animal... sweatdrop what exactly is Lammas?  

MOD66

Azana Brown

Supercharged Protagonist

40,975 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Novice Mage 100
PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 7:12 pm
Twack
Azana Brown

lol i thougt you ment the animal... sweatdrop what exactly is Lammas?

You know...first festival of the harvest, one of the cross-quarter holidays...

The one that's in two or three days? stare  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 9:55 am
What's going on the altar today (I call Lammas... Berrifest instead, FYI; I like to personalize sabbat names):

Buying some fresh raspberries. Ideally I'd be using picked wild raspberries but since I've moved to Chicagoland... I can't seem to locate any yet. I might also buy some blackberries and blueberries to go with them, but these things are expensive, so... xd

Cutting some sunflowers. My host family has some in the front yard and they'd look great on the altar!

Brewing some herbal tea. Either a fruit and almond mix or a raspberry one... not sure which yet.

FIRE! This being the peak time of the Fire element (and damned it is HOT this week) I'll be burning stuff in ye old cauldron and lighting some candles.  

Starlock
Crew

Esteloth

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 10:05 am
Oh... this thing? (Though I have no idea how to pronounce it...)

Hehehe, I like the gathering raspberries idea. Will actually be doing a lot of that and gathering the other fruits and vegetables of the garden^-^.

Starlock... do you have a recipe for your raspberry tea?  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 10:39 am
Esteloth

Hehehe, I like the gathering raspberries idea. Will actually be doing a lot of that and gathering the other fruits and vegetables of the garden^-^.

Yes, that thing. Just a different name for the same holiday. I prefer this name for one reason...

It's easier to spell and pronounce. Gaelic makes my head spin. @_@

My pagan friend from WI is coming down, so I'm cooking up some cornbread and looking to have a good time. ^_^  

Azana Brown

Supercharged Protagonist

40,975 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Novice Mage 100

Neko_Bast

Tricky Cat

19,600 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 10:59 am
Ive goten in the habit of making a blackberry pie every year. I do other stuff the the pie is my fave. ^-^  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 3:32 pm
My mom buys SO much produce for Lammas (I, like Starlock, live in a rather industrial area, but, right now I'm in Japan ^^;;...) and we roast all of our plums, apples, corn, etcetera over an open campfire, and usually my sister's fiance will pitch in quite a few bottles of arlon wine or some kind of alcoholic beverage that's originally made of some kind of fruit. Last Lammas, my entire household ended up rather drunk dancing around the fire sweatdrop

But, since I'm away from home this year, I think I'm going to make ginger and lemon tea, because one, I'm in a household where all we drink is tea, but, two, my friend's family is thankfully willing to celebrate my culture. But, I do want to respect them by making something they are accustomed to, just with an added flavor ^_^

Kabuki Doll

Starlock
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 9:30 am
Esteloth

It is a store-baught blend, actually. You should be able to find raspberry herbal teas at your local grocery store. I forget what brand I used off the top of my head. What I might try in the future when I can harvest wild raspberries is to dry them, grind them, and brew a tea from them that way with a teaball. Not sure how that'll turn out, but it should be a fun experiment! There were a lot of raspberries as part of my celebration because I happen to love the wild black raspberries. I've gathered them on and off since I was a kid. whee  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 10:13 am
Happy now-belated Lammas everyone, then.

I am, however, the only one who voted "Bah humbug!" smile

I light a few candles every year, but I've never been one to participate extravagantly in any holiday. Every day of the year is different in terms of our astrological position, the weather conditions, and its potential powers; therefore, so I tend to not treat any one day as more important than another.  

Snake-On-A-Plane

Nihilistic Seraph
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 8:52 pm
Completely missed it >.<

Although I did do some magical/energy work.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 11:55 pm
Has it passed? I was under the impression that it was on the full moon between the 15 of July and the 15 of August... or something like that... (Which would make it the 9th of August? confused )If it has passed was it then August 1st?  

Esteloth

Azana Brown

Supercharged Protagonist

40,975 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Novice Mage 100
PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 1:18 pm
Esteloth
Has it passed? I was under the impression that it was on the full moon between the 15 of July and the 15 of August... or something like that... (Which would make it the 9th of August? confused )If it has passed was it then August 1st?

Lammas is August 1st or 2nd (I think it was 2nd this year). It's the halfway point between Summer Solstice and Autumn Equinox.

I can't remember the name of this month's full moon, but that's something different entirely. ^_^  
Sacred Sources -The Outer Forum -

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games