Reply Stuff About Bands
Sublime Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

iCoryn

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 9:27 am
Sublime is definitly not ska, though they are the s**t. lol.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 4:38 pm
sublime is regea (ray-gay)  

Monica4L

Slag10

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 6:36 am
Ir reggae came from rocksteady, and ska fathered rocksteady, its pretty safe to say that no matter how you slice it, sublime is some form of ska band. they really have about an even ratio, its just their reggae songs were the ones that became famous. Also i didn't realize the amount of airplay a band gets was a factor in determining their genre... ._.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 12:51 pm
lol Sublime was definitely a transexual band. haha. they did whatever they wanted, they played ska, they played reggae, they played a lot of s**t.

Dance

Guns of Navarone

iCoryn

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 11:03 am
Guns of Navarone
lol Sublime was definitely a transexual band. haha. they did whatever they wanted, they played ska, they played reggae, they played a lot of s**t.

Dance

Yeah, not enough bands play just whatever. They tend to stick to one genre and stay in that musical box for an entire album or more likely the entire band's lifespan.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 10:53 pm
i think if i ever have to do a thesis for a master's degree, it will be that sublime was the most successful cover band ever  

Slag10

Guns of Navarone

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 9:57 am
Slag10
i think if i ever have to do a thesis for a master's degree, it will be that sublime was the most successful cover band ever

agreed. hahaha.

Dance

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 1:32 pm
I think that if you ask if Sublime is Ska, then why not ask if Operation Ivy is ska or punk. They're both at the same time. Does it really matter anyways? They make good music and they have the flexibility to cross into many different genres. Tip o' the hat to them, I say.  

Jcake

Stuff About Bands

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces