Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sims Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for all things Sims created by Maxis/EA. 

Tags: simulation, god games, story telling, custom, Sims 

Reply The Sims Guild
Adoption

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Thremma

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 8:41 am
Has anyone done the adoption yet? I've thought about it, but always end up having my sims do it the old fashioned way. Do you get to choose the child?  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 8:43 am
If I remember right......you choose the gender and the age (like, baby, toddler, or child. no teenager option unless u get the hack.)

but you don't actually get to choose which child.
I might be wrong, its been awhile.  

The Mighty Enchilada

Evil Murklins
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 9:31 am
You just choose the age, not the gender.

And it seems most of the kids look like they've been beaten with the ugly stick.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 9:32 am
I do it all the time. You just get to choose if you want a baby, toddler, or child. They choose the gender. If you get a baby then you get to name it, otherwise they name it for you. You don't get to choose it, though. They just show up when they say they will (10 am they next day), and you say what you want and they give it to you.  

Sweet_Melissad

Shiyu Nakiro

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 9:24 am
I got sims1 for my pc, You just name it and the baby comes, but when they become kids they always turn but ugly on me!  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 8:54 pm
I usually save my game right before I know the adoption service is going to come that way if I don't like the kid I get I just go back to the neighborhood and try again!
Sometimes I get lucky though and I'll get a child that looks like one of the parents or has a similar name. For instance, one of my favorite families has a red-haired husband, a wife named Shana, and an adopted red-haired daughter named Sharlene.  

N a t a l i e

kleokriesel

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 9:27 pm
What I do is I make a family (let's call them the Welfare family, the name I usually choose) with the kid I want to be adopted by the other family (let's call them the Good family). The Welfare family neglects the kid until the social worker takes him/her away. Then I save and go to the Good family. I make them choose the age of the Welfare's ex-kid, who then shows up at 10am the next morning!  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 8:19 am
i adopted a kid once with my gay sims he turned out to be a looker then i switched comps and deleted the game so he is gone forever but he was a stud  

Norri the fae

The_liz_42

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 8:09 am
The default adoption sims always look ugly, so here’s what I do:

1) Make a family with one adult sim and the child sim you want to adopt
2) Kill off the adult sim and then someone will come and pick up the kid and take him/her to the adoption center
3) make the family (the one that you want to adopt) call up the adoption agency and you’ll get the nice looking sim whose parent you killed off.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 8:14 am
well...this is not to be rude in anyway but when my sims who are white...and I adopt...I almost ALWAYS get a black baby ((no offensce at all)  

~Strawberry-Memories~

Clandestine Angel

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 2:17 pm
You can chose if it's a baby, tot, or child. :3
-loves my little Johnathan- x3  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 5:07 pm
~Strawberry-Memories~
well...this is not to be rude in anyway but when my sims who are white...and I adopt...I almost ALWAYS get a black baby ((no offensce at all)
Me too. surprised My last one was a girl with the darkest skin tone with red hair and grey eyes. xP
I always make asian people, so they don't look good together.  

Clandestine Angel

Jason Voorhee

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 2:15 pm
AnnoyingEvil1
You just choose the age, not the gender.

And it seems most of the kids look like they've been beaten with the ugly stick.
well duh u adopted  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 2:17 pm
kleokriesel
What I do is I make a family (let's call them the Welfare family, the name I usually choose) with the kid I want to be adopted by the other family (let's call them the Good family). The Welfare family neglects the kid until the social worker takes him/her away. Then I save and go to the Good family. I make them choose the age of the Welfare's ex-kid, who then shows up at 10am the next morning!
is the welfare family poor?  

Jason Voorhee

Avian+Rox

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 4:08 pm
no you dont get to choose the child but sumtimes you can choose the name is thogh!but the child usually ugly!!! rofl

sims

The Sims Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff