Reply Diaries
[J] Fai's Diary +Illusionist: Elda-Chan+ Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Elda-Kun

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 9:06 pm
Written in an artistic scrawl on the first page of Elda's diary are the following words:

The depth of the heart is unknown
The reaches of darkness are unstopable
The memmories of the past are forgoten
The hopes of the future are dim

Test the depth
Stop the spread
Recover the past
Pray for your future

... and live....

{}

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 1:14 pm
{From the diary of Elda Chan. . .}

I have a confession to make. . . I hate the dark. I mean, I'm a full grown woman who's scared to death of darkness.

Okay. Not entirely true.

I'm more afraid of what's in the darkness; things I can't see, or hear, or imagine. Things that creep and crawl and slide and glide. Scary things, hurtful things, deadly things.

I used to believe that nothing good could ever come from darkness. It only bred fear. That was until I found Fai. He's beautiful... the most beautiful thing to ever come from darkness.

{}

Elda-Kun

Elda-Kun

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 11:29 am
{Roleplay: Finding Fai}

Elda was afraid.

Silly, or so it seemed to her; she was so silly to be scared. Nothing here was going to hurt her. She was in her own backyard, a place she loved and cherished in the daylight hours. So it seemed silly that she should be so frightened now, when the sun was only hiding on the other side of the world.

It didn't help matters any that it was cloudy. The thick, rich, dark clouds blocked the only lights that could have helped her. She knew that behind their darkness the moon and the stars shone on. But the celestial bodies of the sky could be no help to her now, and she desperately needed them.

She kicked herself for what must have been the twelfth time in the past half hour. Why hadn’t she grabbed a flashlight? She'd been silly to come out here at all, but certainly without a light.

But she needed to know; know what that had been, twinkling in the night behind her house. It hadn't looked like a flashlight, or a candle, or anything earthly at all. But it had been there, a twinkling glow just beyond the edge of the porch light.

And for some reason, one that she couldn't even explain to herself, she needed to know what that light had been.

And there it was.

It floated, about three feet off the ground; beautiful, rich, golden light swirling in a patch of purple darkness. It twinkled, and a though ran through Elda's head.

Alive. . . Whatever it was, it was alive.

She moved closer to the light, trying not to scare it away. She was only a foot from it when she stopped. What now? It twinkled again.

"You recognize me?" She asked, and the light twinkled.

"Why are you here?" She inquired, knowing that it wouldn't answer; not in words at least. It twinkled and moved closer to her, floating gracefully through the air.

Elda reached out her hand, and the ball settled on it. As though it has some sort of substance to it.

What are you. . . She wondered, as she pulled the light closer to her and turned to the house.

{}

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 9:04 pm
{From the Diary of Elda Chan. . .}

His name is Fai.

It's Chinese, and means "light". I know only a very little about him. He's got personality, he's quirky, and everything I can tell suggests he's male. He has no true physical being, yet he's alive.

I love him.

My family loves him. All of my babies are fascinated by him, and, as far as I can tell, he's fascinated by them.

He can't really communicate with us. As far as I can tell, he'll twinkle when he's happy or content and sort of fade when he's angry or annoyed.

But how can a ball of light have emotions? How is it he can react to anything at all?

He's certainly very special, that at least is very clear. He's also one of a kind. But who, or what, is he really? Maybe I will never know; or maybe time will tell all.

Fai. My baby.

My light. . .

{}

Elda-Kun

Elda-Kun

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 4:19 am
{Roleplay: Talkin' About Changes. . .}

Fai was acting strange.

It was really starting to worry Elda. The little light didn't seem to want to be bothered, as much as a light can want anything. Elda was really worried about what this meant for her little boy. It had been months since he'd come into her family, and she was concerned about what would happen if he left it.

It would begin harmlessly enough, Fai began humming. It was almost as though he was vibrating with energy. It frightened Elda, for she'd never heard him make any sort of sound before. She sat by him for hours, feeling the energy pulsing off his tiny "body", waiting to see what was to happen.

A tiny part of her that she would never admit to latter though he was dying. . . the same little part died at the idea.

But no. The energy was strong, and it wasn't like the cool creeping of death. It was warm, humming with raw power, pulsing.

It was near three in the morning, Elda had been sitting on her bed with Fai hovering over her lap dimly for hours on end. Her eyes drooped, but she had to stay awake, at least until she knew what was going to happen.

Suddenly, a blinding light burst forth, with Fai as its center point. It pulsed, and grew, and flashed; warm, safe light. And at the core of the light Elda watched in amazement as Fai flickered, and began to grow solid. He started to take form, as Elda’s eyes widened in surprise as she wondered:

'Are you going to show me what you really are?'

{}

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 7:26 am

I can’t help but to be a little freaked out. . . Fai has been stuck in this strange, idono, in-between stage for days now. Sometimes, he looks almost human, at others he’s his usual sparkly self.

It’s kind of sad I’m calling the “sparkly ball of light” usual. Isn’t it?

Maybe that just goes to show how much impact Fai has ad on my life, and my family’s life. I keep tell the kid’s that Fai’s going to be fine. But it’s hard to convince someone of something you don’t believe completely yourself.

I can’t say I know for sure what’s going to happen, but my gut tells me this is something Fai has to go through. So we’ll wait and see.

And whatever life throws at him, we’ll be there to help catch it.

{}

Elda-Kun

Elda-Kun

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 11:39 am
{Roleplay: Holding the Dark and the Light}

It had been weeks since Fai's first change from a ball of light to the strange in-between stage he was currently at. Elda was worried, and scared.

What was going to happen to the thiny thing she'd come to love so much. Every night she was almsot afraid to go to sleep, becuase fo the fear that she'd wake in the morning and Fai would be gone completely.

Until the morning she woke up and he was. . .

Elda tore through the houe like a mad woman. Where was he? Where could he have gone? What had happened to the small creature she'd care for so much?

She wason the verge of giving up all hope, on breaking on into tears, when she found him. He was huddled asleep on top of a blanket, fully formed and solid. Looking almost. . . human.

Elda gathered the strange new baby in her arms, careful not to wake him and looked him over.

So this is what you got when you combined the drkness and light.

{}

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 6:44 pm

Having a baby around the house is a totally new experience for me. I’m used to smaller things, fairies and pixies to be exact who arrive small and hardly get any bigger. (Though to be fair Patrick’s still growing so no telling how big he may get. Still. . . he is a pixie.)

The closest I’ve ever experienced to the bundle of screaming boy is Anna and even then she was a toddler. I nice, quite, well trained (piff. . . riiiiight) toddler.

I know baby’s need contestant attention but this one is going to drive me insane. He won’t be quite at all unless someone’s holding him. At all times. And since he’s bigger than all the fairy’s and I don’t quite trust Anna alone with him that someone is me. I’m never gonna finish this new novel before deadline. Not while trying to take care of a baby at the same time.

God help me.

{}

Elda-Kun

Elda-Kun

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 7:27 am

It's been a while since I've written last, but with a deadline looming, a new baby to care for, as well as every other disaster that plauges my home almost daily, who came blame me?

We celebrated Fai's first birthday at the start of the month. I can't believe he's been around an entire year! Also, a strange pink creature burst out of the Katamari ball the otherday. Her name is Honey, and she seems to have taken quite a linking to Fai. . .

I am worried about Fai. He's not growing as fast as a normal baby should. It dosen't seem healthy. He also won't sleep throught the night anymore. That's got me really worried. I used to be amazed when he was new that he'd sleep through every night without waking, unheard of for a baby his age, but he's making up for it now!

I'm still trying to find out what exactlly Fai is. . . I think I may have a new lead, but nothing concrete yet. Wish me luck, for I have a feeling I'm gonna need it!

{}

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 7:22 pm

Deadline day is come and gone. . . Soon a new novel will be on the shelves and I have my few moths of relaxation until I start some new project. This is good because I’ve been feeling the need to spend more time with my children.

The girls are all very well behaved, or a behaved as fairy’s get, and Patrick has always kept mostly to himself, but Fai continues to worry me.

I have, however, made an important discovery about Fai. I now know what he is. . .

Fai is an Illusionary. People from days long past and a world long dead who have been given a second chance at life for some reason. I have found there are a few other children like Fai, and have been invited to bring Fai and visit the headquarters of the existing Illusionarys.

I think this will be good for him, being around others who he shares a history with, even though he may not know it. I wonder what Fai’s past life was like. . . Who he was, what he did, how he died. I’m hoping contact with the Illusionarys will help Fai start to grow, rather than leaving his stuck in infancy.

{}

Elda-Kun

Elda-Kun

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 8:53 pm
Libraries are Weird (Fai and Anala)

Tahoi
Alek was starting to think that maybe he shouldn't have sat at the big table near the teens section. Even if it was unoccupied, even if it did have a nice big space between it and the other tables for Anala to sit in, like she liked doing. Alek had been having weird luck (well, maybe not luck but something) latey, and as usual...there was a couple seated in the next table over, in the teens section. Doing couple things. Very noisily. It was distracting and gross and very uncomfortable and...Alek would break them up himself, but that meant drawing Anala's attention to it. He really, really didn't want her asking any questions about it.

Anala sat on the floor by Alek's chair, absorbed in a picture book of birds Alek had found and blissfully unattentive to what was going on the background.

Elda-Chan
Elda was annoyed. The internet at home was down, so she’d tried to come to the library to do her research the old fashioned way, with books; unfortunately, that also meant bringing Fai out with her. So her little boy lay in his car seat, comfortably, and not strapped in, while chewing/drooling on a cloth book about the letters of the alphabet.

Research was Elda’s least favorite part of starting a new novel, but it was something she knew had to be done. The library was almost empty, save for an oblivious librarian, a young man with a little girl a few tables over, and, much to Elda’s displeasure, a preppy teenage couple who’s decided the library was their own personal make-out spot, and we going at it with gusto.

She could always leave, Elda knew, and come back another day, but this research needed to be finished today. Anyway, she was not going to let a couple of stupid teenagers with no modesty run her off. She tried to consternate on her book for just a little while longer, while ignoring the sounds and wet noises coming from the next table over, but finally it was more than she could take.

Picking Fai up, she stalked in the direction of the teens, her face set with determination. . .

Tahoi
Shaking his head and muttering about stupid people, Alek glanced around. Empty tables, librarian, Anala, couple, lady with a baby--no one else around? And none of them were moving, so there wasn't much hope of someone else stopping the pair... Making a face, Alek got up as carefully as he could, wincing as he stumbled on his bad leg and banged the table. Trying to dismiss Anala's curious look, Alek looked around again, hoping that maybe the noise distracted the busy couple.

No such luck. The teens were still obliviously making out, and Alek twitched at the realization that they were probably close to his age. Ew. Spotting Elda, he raised his eyebrows. Was she going to try and stop them?

Elda-Chan
Determined, and oblivious to the word around her, Elda approached the teens and tapped the male on the shoulder.

“Hellooooo.” She said, softly, her voice laced with anger. “I case you haven’t noticed people are trying to work in here, and you two are being very distracting. Not to mention the example you’re setting for the small children.” She gestured to Fai in his carrier and the little girl sitting nearby. “So, can we please act like reasonable young adults over here. . . Or leave.”

She then turned and walked in the direction of the man and the little girl.

“Sorry about that, I hope I didn’t disturb you.”

Tahoi
"Mnnnwha?" Twitching at the tap, the boy pulled himself out of a particulary awkward-to-watch kiss and looked at Elda with a slightly dazed, blank look. His brows furrowed as he slowly processed what was being said, then rose when he realized what the issue was. Rising as a unit, the couple offered such words as "Chill a bit, man" and "Whatever" and a brief, somewhat unconvincing apology, and left, trailing fluttery laughter and imaginary romantic sparkles.

Reseating himself with a relieved sigh, Alek smiled slightly, saying, "Nah, you weren't any trouble. It was those two other kids; I was kind of going out of my mind, having to listen to them." He rubbed the back of his neck sheepishly. "I wanted to go stop them myself, but I can never get out of a chair quietly--and anyway, thanks for that." He jabbed his finger towards the exit and made a face. "It was kinda really gross, too, those guys're probably close to my age. Egh."

Elda-Chan
“But I’m sure you don’t make out randomly in public places do you?” She teased. “I’m Elda by the way, and this little poo-flinger is Fai.”

She lifted the carrier up so he could see the little boy what was practicing in his favorite hobby, blowing wet, gooey, spit bubbles. Elda grinned sheepishly.

Tahoi
Alek's ears turned red at the thought of him ever making out with someone and she shuddered. Ew. He waved a hand in front of him, as if dispelling the notion. "Oh god no, that would be several kinds of mortifying! Ugh." Smiling, he offered his hand to shake. "I'm Alek, and--" He lifted Anala off the floor, making her giggle. "--this is Anala. It's nice to meet you two."

Anala giggled at Fai's bubble, reaching out a hand to pop it. "HIII~!"

"Anala! Indoor voice, remember?"

Elda-Chan
Fai stared at the space that only a moment before his masterpiece bubble had occupied, and frowned. He then stuck a wet pink tongue out at the little girl.

Elda frowned. “That’s not very nice, Fai.” She said firmly. “Say sorry.”

“Sowery.” A less than remorseful voice repeated.

Tahoi
Anala grinned and stuck her tongue out in return. Waving a hand at Elda, she chirped. "S'ok, see?" Convinced a tongue for a tongue fixed things, she then clapped her hands and looked at Fai. "'Ey, do tha again!"

Alek covered his eyes, smiling sheepishly.

Elda-Chan
Fai giggled and began to once again attempt to blow the mother of all spit bubbles for his new friend. Elda rolled her eyes, but smiled all the same.

“I guess I have to apologize again for my son’s corrupting influence.” She joked.

Tahoi
"Nah, Anala's always like...eh." He waved a hand towards Anala, who was attempting to copy Fai's feat. "That. It's interesting though, I thought spit bubbles of that size only appeared in cartoons, like when the characters sleep, and these things come out of their noses...but those are snot bubbles, aren't they? Nevermind then."

Elda-Chan
Elda stilfed a laugh.

"Well, I guess cartoon character do blow spit/snot bubbles, maybe that's where Fai got the idea." She paused and though about it for a moment. "But he's never really been instreaded in television, not even kids shows, he'd always rather play with his toes, or try to break a flashlight or something."

Tahoi
"Break a flashlight...that makes life interesting at least?" Alek smiled, rubbing the back of his neck. "Joking, joking, but at least you don't have to worry about him picking stuff up from TV? Anala watches my brother play video games all the time and picks up stuff like 'nuke,' and then she goes around saying it at us for a week." Alek set his hand down on the table, making the papers on it scrunch. He twitched with an "Ack!" hastily pulling his hand away.

Popping her bubble, Anala laughed at Alek, clapping her hands with a "Boom!"

Elda-Chan
"Actually none of my kids really watch much TV. . . which I find kinda of weird." She smiled down at Anala and Fai who seemed to be getting along brilliantly after the initial bubble incident.

"I'm glad Fai's made a friend; he tends to be anti-social."

Tahoi
"Anti-social?" Alek raised his eyebrows. "I wasn't aware babies could be anti-social. I thought babies were all smiley-face suns and bunnies, or close enough anyway." Alek half-smiled. "A new thing learned every day, I guess."

Elda-Chan
"HA!" Elda laughed. "This little guy wouldn't go near other people if I didn't force him to!" She smiled in the direction of her little bot. "He generally tends to dislike/distrust anyone outside the family."

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:53 pm

It’s been a while, but I though I might note that Fai got a brother! He’s from Eden, you know the Bible story place? Yeah. There.

Anyway, his name is Mort and he’s infused with the soul of a pumpkin. His dad disappeared and so I applied to take him in. He likes rock music, and is a good kid.

He’s a bit older than Fai, but maybe that’s what Fai needs, someone to look up to. They get along wonderfully, and I have high hopes for the pair.

{}

Elda-Kun

Elda-Kun

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 9:39 pm
{Roleplay: A Story}

Once, in a far away place, in a far away time, there lived a great magician. He was a powerful man whose great illusions were known across his homeland.

The most famous of all this illusions was making the sky dance. In the evening, when the darkness descended on the land, the magician would take the lights from the stars and multiply them a hundred fold, causing the sky to dance with their shimmering lights.

With his wonderful illusions the magician won the affection of the queen of this land. She honored him and his magic, and he was constantly near her. And as the years passed, the young magician grew into a man, and with him grew his illusions. Until, one day, he vanished.

Some say he left the kingdom, angry at his queen. Others tell that he never left, but retired to live in solitude, never to show his magic again. And even some whispered that he had died. No one knows what became of the magician, they knew only that the sky never danced and light and illusion were never seen.

“What really happened to him, mommy?” a little girl was sitting by the warmth of the fire, her legs tucked under her skirts, listening with rapture to the tale. “Where did the magician go?” Her mother, an older woman whose face bore lines of laughter and sadness only shook her head.

“That was very long ago my child. I doubt that anyone would remember what happened to him.”

But you know the truth, don’t you. . .

Fai woke with a start, tears filling his mismatched eyes and running down over his chubby baby cheeks. He wailed, and the sound drew his mother from the other room.

“Shhhhh. . .” She said, gathering the boy in her arms. “Hush now, it was only a bad dream.”

{}

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 8:15 pm
{Roleplay: The Mother of All Darkness}

The world was burning. Golden flames climbed high into the night sky, outshining even the stars in the sky. Somewhere in the velvet darkness a little girl cried for her mother.

The end was coming. It was closing in and engulfing the once bright beautiful world, covering it in darkness and ash. From this darkness she was born, or did she created the darkness, no one knew, they only knew that they were dying. And when they were gone she would be the goddess of the wrecked world. She would rule over the ash and the darkness and the nothingness of it all.

The world burned, and all it’s people with it. Over time the cried stopped, the air filled with only silence. She ruled over nothing for a very long time before becoming bored.

What shall I do now? Maybe come for your world next. . .

Fai’s nightmares where becoming steadily worse, he knew something was approaching.

{}

Elda-Kun

Diaries

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas