Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sims Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for all things Sims created by Maxis/EA. 

Tags: simulation, god games, story telling, custom, Sims 

Reply The Sims Guild
why do they steal my garden gnomes Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Briannabo

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 10:38 am
Denara
Nokia Sai
I've had a sim steal my newspaper eek
I had that happen to my sim to.
I invited her ex-lover (that was still in love with her) to the wedding and it caused her to hate both the hubby and wife.
I payed her off twice, and she didn't cause to many problems at the wedding (like interupting it when they were doing the actual marry part) and then she started stalking their house.
The wife that ditched her was outside talking to some guy and she came by and picked up the newspaper and ran off.
I was all.
' eek Um...kay then. : D'
So it probably has something to due with grumpiness/hatered(sp?).

Yeah because the sim who stole my newspaper was like the grumpiest person I had on the sims, so I'm guessing he was having a bad day and just decided to steal my newspaper. xd

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 8:12 pm
I cannot stand it when sims steal my gnomes. mad

Basically, the best way I tried to avoid it is by cancelling any task I'm doing, click on the sim that's about to steal the gnome, and select "Call Over".

If I'm too late, I'll just buy another one.  

Newly Appointed Secretary

Briannabo

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 5:20 pm
You know, I don't think I've ever put a Lawn Gnome on my sims lawn. xd

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 6:32 pm
Sweet_Melissad
Ha ha ha!!! That's too funny!! I've never had that happen!! I wish it would, though... That would make me laugh hysterically...

Buy a gnome in Decorations, place it on the front lawn, anywhere between the mailbox line and the front of your door. Doesn't have to be in front of the door, just like.. between the sidewalk and the beginning of your house. Then... keep your eyes open. lol Sooner or later, it'll disappear! Sometimes I catch them and get to watch them snatch & go, other times I miss it. When your sim suddenly pops an autonomous "gnome" icon, it's deciding to go and rescue your gnome! You'll see them walk to the edge of the property (in whatever they were wearing when they got the icon) and make this... indescribable face.. then they disappear and when they come back, the gnome is in their inventory.  

MercifulDeath

Dapper Lop

[TL]

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 4:44 pm
Trashcan
-You had a bad date with the sim
-They are furious at you
-They're a teen in aspirational failure
-They hate you
Newspaper
-Bad date
-Furious
Gnome
-Sims are attracted to gnomes. The'll steal the little guys because they can  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 7:15 pm
I can't stop laughing.. Last night I told the wife about the gnome theives... so she set out about a dozen of them on her front lawn. Then the couple in the house threw a wedding party and EVERY guest took at least one gnome! rofl  

MercifulDeath

Dapper Lop

[ Z a d i i e ]

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 2:41 am
I've gotten my newspapers stolen and trashcans knocked over but no gnomes stolen yet. But I've only had one family that had some anyways. xD  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 4:49 am
Dead Insomniac
The steal your gnomes because....they're jealous. I don't know. The same reason that Sims leave me bags of flaming poop or something on my front porch when my sim breaks up with them. mad

You've had flaming poop on your porch??

Wow what a soap opera!  

Paine Fury

7,450 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Team Edward 100
The Sims Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash