Tags: goth, subculture, alternative 

Reply ~ Main Forum ~
That Feeling Of Negative Attention

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you enjoy the negative attention?
  Yea, it's entertains me on a boring day.
  Yup, I think it's freakin hilarious!
  No, It just pisses me off
View Results

mee_shee

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 11:24 pm
Something I find pretty entertaining about this lifestyle is all the negative attention people give you.

Even thought it's not really about that, it's still kind of funny to see the people stearing away young children and going: No, honey, we have to go THIS way.

*buy why momma, what's wrong

See, the little kids don't mind how we choose to look, can't people get it through their heads that just because of how we dress, doesn't mean we're bad people?  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 11:35 pm
And it's not even how some of us dress.

It's how some of us act and understand things. In other words: our mindset.

My parents can get upset because they see something one way, then I do, and I'm using all this "negative logic" to do so. I'm like wtf. Now THINKING is bad too???  

mee_shee

Athiel

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 2:03 am
Well, Negative attention is never a good thing. But then, each person has her own definition of "Negative". Whereas mine includes large sticks and greasy hairdos.^^

Children staring? That passes for "recognition" and that's "Fun" ^^  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 2:22 am
I try not to take advantage of the attention but sometimes its just funny. sweatdrop
I have walked into a deli in the suburbs just to see the uneasy looks.
Sometimes it makes you feel bad but then its hilarious. blaugh  

AdrianaKitten

KoRnfucius

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 11:58 am
Sometimes it annoys me or makes me pity the person behind it. Other times, usually when I'm in a bad mood, I do find it funny. But actually what I like better is the reverse. I work at L. L. Bean, and I am the only person on day shift that dresses this way, all my coworkers are generally in their 40s and up. So when I walk by them and smile, or hold a door open for them, or do anything nice, they give me the most puzzled looks. I like to think I've changed their bias a bit, that's always good. Helps people to be more tolerant.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 12:04 pm
KoRnfucius
Sometimes it annoys me or makes me pity the person behind it. Other times, usually when I'm in a bad mood, I do find it funny. But actually what I like better is the reverse. I work at L. L. Bean, and I am the only person on day shift that dresses this way, all my coworkers are generally in their 40s and up. So when I walk by them and smile, or hold a door open for them, or do anything nice, they give me the most puzzled looks. I like to think I've changed their bias a bit, that's always good. Helps people to be more tolerant.

Yea i love that too, I like to think that I made someone think twice the next time they see a person in a trenchcoat an combat boots. It's a good feeling - like maybe the next time they see a person like that - they'll think better of them and not look down on them so much, maybe even give them a smile - which in turn can truly - i've learned from my own expeirences - make someones day a lot better.  

mee_shee

KoRnfucius

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 4:02 pm
mee_shee
KoRnfucius

Yea i love that too, I like to think that I made someone think twice the next time they see a person in a trenchcoat an combat boots. It's a good feeling - like maybe the next time they see a person like that - they'll think better of them and not look down on them so much, maybe even give them a smile - which in turn can truly - i've learned from my own expeirences - make someones day a lot better.
Yes. You said it a little better, what I was trying to say, but couldn't seem to get the right words.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 7:13 pm
i enjoy the looks of fear/disgust rather greatly.
i even take advantage of their fear at times ^_^  

ronton-ritsuzen

Kitsoru

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 9:01 pm
I find it amusing to take people out of their comfort zone of nice, Abercrombie and American Eagle and all that kinds of store clothes, and to show them that there ARE people out there who can be *gasp!* different!? =O
It only annoys me when people start asking me stupid questions, like, "Are you gonna suck my blood!?" and "Are you gonna cast a spell on me!?" rolleyes That just pisses me off to no end. But taking people out of their comfort zones and thrusting them into the light of a subculture is good, I think. Sometimes people need to be forcibly loosened up to other ways of life, or else they'll never do it on their own.
EDIT: of course what REALLY gets people is the random cosplay =D that I can see why I get looks. And I find it hilarious.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 11:33 pm
Yea my uncle will sit there and ask me stupid questions like:

Why black, why not green or orange?

It's like ... shutup an leave me alone.

Of course I can never say what I really wanna say because my mom is always standing right next to me an she likes her brother. Besides that, I probly get hit an grounded so I mean, I'll say it to myself. Gets annoying though having to do that for the past 12 million times. But hey, outta respect for the family name ... I suppose I'll behave  

mee_shee

Fux this account

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 11:36 pm
...when they walk around me...I smile...when they end up running into something because they're staring at me...I laugh...very hard rofl  
~ Main Forum ~

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games