Reply Wii Center
Wii feels Sadness

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

CirePrahs

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 12:21 am
Developer Nibris has been hard at work on a gothic-horror game, Sadness, exclusively for the Wii for some time now. Last I've heard, it's due in Q4 2007.

Nearly zip is known about the plot at this point, beyond it taking place in the Ukraine during WWI, and being entirely balck and white

but Nibris sites influence from Eternal Darkness, Silent Hill, Resident Evil, Planetscape: Torment, ICO, Phantasmagoria {I haven't heard of it either : P]

Many of the monsters and enemies and such are from Slavic Mythology
but you'll not see them all, which one's you encounter will depend on your choices in the game.

Also, there won't be any menu to speak of. “We aim at completely intuitive behaviour of the player – just as in life. Every choice a player makes is essential – if you experience traumatic events in your life, they are in you all the time. The same is going to be with Sadness. We want the player to feel (s)he participates in events, not only a game.”

Screenshots and game art http://media.wii.ign.com/media/816/816122/imgs_1.html

E3 Trailer
http://media.wii.ign.com/media/816/816122/vids_1.html

More info
http://home.nestor.minsk.by/game/news/2006/07/3106.html

I'll keep you posted as more info becomes available pirate  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 3:45 am
I've been interested in this game for some time. I watched the trailer during E3. Although I'm sure having the game in black & white works, I get a feeling it will detract my focus XP  

_CFTM
Crew

CirePrahs

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 12:30 pm
NCFTM
I've been interested in this game for some time. I watched the trailer during E3. Although I'm sure having the game in black & white works, I get a feeling it will detract my focus XP

Black and white just one of the many aspects that make this game stand out. I suspect that it will take some getting used to, but after a while none of us will bat an eye twice at it. For example, the movie Goodnight and Goodluck was black and white, but the use of lighting well amongst other things captured one's focus.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 2:51 pm
I can't stand looking at black and white I can't focus at all and why don't they do color because for everything to be black and white they'd have to paint the rooftops, grass, doors and all the stuff either black or white which is doubtful since people use different colors for their house and who ever heard of someone painting grass? No one  

THE CAKE IZ A LIE

CirePrahs

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 7:32 pm
Turtle Lingo302
I can't stand looking at black and white I can't focus at all and why don't they do color because for everything to be black and white they'd have to paint the rooftops, grass, doors and all the stuff either black or white which is doubtful since people use different colors for their house and who ever heard of someone painting grass? No one

Dude, it's called grey-tones. There's one for most every color.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 12:41 pm
I can still tell colors watching old black-and-white shows. I remember when I used to have a 3" TV that was only b/w. I'd set it to go off in the morning to wake me up for school (Junior High) to watch the morning cartoon shows xp I could tell the colors that were supposed to be there 3nodding  

Edymion
Captain

THE CAKE IZ A LIE

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 6:20 pm
I've had color television all my life so I'm at a disadvantage in that area except for when I watched Popeye and the three stooges those were in only black and white  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 3:58 pm
I personaly love the idea of it being black and white.
It will be something new ^_^
And the game looks and seems interesting in general.  

Al-aaraaf

Wii Center

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff