Reply Sacred Sources -The Outer Forum -
A bit of help needed for a confused beginner

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

justGhostie

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 2:30 pm
I have decided to start moving forward in Wicca again (for almost half a year, I haven't really done anything in that vibe) and while thinking about it, I realized something: I don't even really have a certain god or goddess I'm focusing on. So, I'd like to know, who are your main dieties and could you tell me something about them? Or perhaps point me to a book or site to read about the subject? Thanks guys.

- Ghostie  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 6:25 pm
If you plan on being Wiccan, you would need to follow the God/Lord and Goddess/Lady as presented by Gardner (...which isn't very well, but essentially they are both the Triple-Aspect deities, the Lady representing the Lunar/Feminine aspects and the Lord representing the Solar/Masculine aspects).

However, if you do not feel comfortable following them, there is nothing wrong with being an Eclectic Pagan using Wiccan perspectives of a Divine Male and Female Unity in combination with other elements from other faiths.

I, myself, am an Eclectic with Jesus of Nazereth as my Lord and Mother Mary as my Lady, who together work as facets for the greater Divine (in my perspective, of course). I have also worked with Raven and Saraswati, though, and I am interested in getting to know Dogfish more.  

Jameta
Captain

justGhostie

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 12:30 pm
ok ^ ^ thanks for your advice (:  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 1:12 pm
you might check god checker http://www.gaiaonline.com/gaia/redirect.php?r=http://godchecker.com

*edit sorry wrong link*
fixed now  

Gerra

Sacred Sources -The Outer Forum -

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas