A Collection of Information on Auras

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Jameta
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 1:43 pm
Something I'm gathering together for ease of information. This post subject to refinement.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 1:47 pm
Originally From- http://www.cleveland.com/living/plaindealer/aboutanimals/index.ssf?/base/living/1152174988299580.xml&coll=2

Cleveland.Com
The Plain Dealer
ABOUT ANIMALS
Researchers probe similarity of auras for people, animals
Thursday, July 06, 2006
Suzanne Hively
Plain Dealer Columnist

Halos around the heads of saints in portraits, many believe, are energy fields or auras seen by the artists who painted them.

In the 1940s, amateur inventor and electrician Seymour Kirlian developed a camera that could photograph energy fields. His technique involved photographing subjects in the presence of a high-frequency, high-voltage, low-amperage electrical field.

While aura photography has greatly improved, the subject still remains controversial.

When photographed by an aura camera, people, animals and plants show fields of color surrounding them.

Agnes Thomas, a psychologist and animal communicator who lives in Brecksville, and Barbara Lubow of Windham, N.Y., are doing a study of animal auras.

In one phase of their study, Thomas and Lubow want to see if colors surrounding the animals have the same interpretation as similar colors surrounding humans.

Thomas asked me if I would consider having "the boys" photographed for the study - "the boys" being Nicholas and Gabriel, my 9-month-old Japanese chin littermates. Thomas and Lubow had not yet had an opportunity to photograph littermates of any species.

Of course, I couldn't resist. I was curious about animal auras and how they work.

Lubow photographed each puppy with a camera developed to capture human auras. It took only seconds and no retouching was done.

"Biofeedback probes pick up the subject's energy," Lubow said. "The camera displays this information as a colorful field around the body. The colors reflect the subject's state."

Auras, Lubow said, can change in color, size, shape and vibrancy based on the animal's activity level, what it is focused on in its environment and its caregiver's mental and emotional state.

In the photos of Nicholas and Gabriel, a field of green surrounded each pup. Mirror images of yellow light appeared - at Nicholas' left side and Gabriel's right side. In addition, Gabriel had a patch of red beneath his feet.

I was asked to complete a questionnaire about the dogs' personalities. Nowhere was there a blank with the words "impish" and "mischievous" to be checked.

One of the questions was, "Is this pet nurturing toward other animals?" How could I explain that Nicholas' favorite game is pulling Eden, a smaller Japanese chin, around by his tail until I intervene.

Green is a color of harmony, and the subject is a lover of people and other animals and an excellent companion, according to a guide provided by Lubow.

Yellow indicates playful, puppylike, fun-loving, easygoing, comical and entertaining attributes.

Red represents energy, a physically active pet and a leader. The red was missing from Nicholas' photo, Lubow said, because he felt stressed and would have preferred to be at home. As chin fanciers would say, "He was having a chin moment."

"There are no bad or good colors," Lubow said. "Every color has many positive attributes as well as behavior challenges."

According to preliminary findings of their study, interpretations of colors for animals and people are the same, based on questionnaires completed, Lubow said.

Lubow showed me several photos she had taken. A dog surrounded by shades of blue was described as being very loyal. He was a rescue dog that had come to the owner during a difficult period in her life. She was in need of a loyal companion.

Areas of white, yellow and red surrounded a cat that was adopted after being separated from its original owner during Hurricane Katrina. The new owner described the cat as social, fun-loving and Peter Pan-like. The colors fit the description, Lubow said.

Time-lapse photos of an energetic hunting dog named Magic were most startling. The first photo, taken after vigorous exercise, was full of red, indicating physical activity.

More blue, with a little bit of green and yellow, appeared in the second photo, taken one hour later as the dog calmed down and rested.

The third photo, one hour after that, showed a deeper indigo blue with a white band, indicating spirituality or transition - and the face of a phantom dog to the left of the real dog.

Lubow speculated that it could have been one of the dog's ancestors that came to help him while he hunted.

In the next photo, one-half hour later, Lubow thought the phantom dog was gone, but it looked to me as if it had simply shifted position and was peeking around one side of the real dog. It was definitely eerie.

To reach this Plain Dealer columnist:

shively@plaind.com, 216-999-4554  

Jameta
Captain

Katja Sable

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 7:24 pm
Wow,.. thats super interesting,... was there any information about seeing auras without the use of a camera and maybe a translation of all the colors to what they mean?  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 8:18 am
i had my aura read by a shaman friend of mine, the thing is he said that it was clear, he could see it flowing around my body (though he thinks i may have control of the flow) but that it had no color and that there was a crack in it
does anyone know if this might be possible of was he making things up?
sorry if this doesn't belong here
couldn't think of anywhere else  

Dain Maxwell

DataHenge ) The Information Archives (

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas