Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Craftin'
Project Linus group blanket

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

interested?
  yeah
  naw
View Results

kochi~mochi

4,750 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Friendly 100
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 10:46 am
So my sister kami and I have recently started making blankets for project linus (its a charity which gives blankets to people who have had some sort of tragidy happen) We were thinking it would be awesome if we got people here to send us granny squares, made out of their scrap yarn, and all in shades of a single color, and then we could put them together.

So yeah, let me know if your interested, and kami and i will arrange it. blaugh heart  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 12:33 pm
sounds interesting, but i dont crochet sweatdrop then again, i prolly have enough scraps to make a whole afghan xd  

gemini6184

NightRainSpirit

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 1:29 pm
Im sorry, I knit! sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 11:05 am
Well, we could always have one with knit squares, as well....  

kochi~mochi

4,750 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Friendly 100
  • First step to fame 200

Miyaka-san

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 11:38 am
I'll help 3nodding I have lots of scrap yarn I got from My grandmother when I started knitting and crochet. Just PM me the address to send the squares to and any other info I need to know.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 10:08 am
Okay, just a note on things to do/avoid... taken straight from the project linus blanket specifications...
Quote:
Weave in all yarn ends on crocheted and knit blankets.
Don’t make your blankets out of tapestry, burlap, upholstery fabric, 70’s type double knit, felt, vinyl, wool, holiday fabric or wool yarn.
Do not use fabric that has been stored in a damp area and has a musty smell. The mold spores can cause an allergic reaction in a child and are very difficult to remove from the fabric.
Blankets that smell of smoke or strong chemicals (including perfumed fabric softeners), or have pet hair on them cannot be accepted as they may produce severe allergic reaction in the children. Unfortunately, washing these blankets does not always remove the problem. Please use a lint brush or roller on your blankets if they are covered with thread or lint!

So heres what i'm thinking. Everybody use a normal worsted weight yarn, and just make either granny squares, knit/crochet squares, knit/crochet rectangles. If you knit them, please try and make them not curly, it helps alot when asembling a blanket. heart Also, i'm thinking that the solid squares and rectangles are better then the granny squares, because they'll mesh better with the knit stuff.

We're thinking this month's color is blue. Let me know if you want my address so you can send stuff in!  

kochi~mochi

4,750 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Friendly 100
  • First step to fame 200

bunnehdeo

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 10:22 pm
I'd do it...I don't crotchet though, I knit...but is you can get the info then I'll start on it if I have time.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 11:51 am
I'm interested, but I'll have to wait for another colour. All my acrylic is not blue. crying  

tulokyn

kochi~mochi

4,750 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Friendly 100
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 7:15 pm
tulokyn
I'm interested, but I'll have to wait for another colour. All my acrylic is not blue. crying
heart Next time we're making one, i'll put a poll up for the color. Its just right now they have alot more girl blankets then boy blankets, and they prefer gender-less blankets, so i figured work in blue, get one more... do that on top of the couple i'm doing on my own... TA DA! boy blankets!  
Craftin'

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games