Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Craftin'
Hemp help!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

How do you like your hemp projects?
  Spirals
  straight
View Results

Fenhir Noble

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 11:55 am
I'm making a bracelet!
I've got a knot tied on a knitting needle (the part where the loop is) but I'm not too sure on how to hold the two middle strands of hemp. I've got them clenched between my molar teeth (that's how my friend showed me how to do it), but it kinda make my jaw and my teeth sore. Is there a better way or a less painful way?

Oh, and how do you fnish the project? I want the link from the start to the end to be a colored paper clip... so I need to finish with another hoop.

I find it hard to find tutorial websites on this... emo  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 7:18 pm
um, first, i'm not sure why you're using knitting needles. are you talking about to secure the loop? one way i've tried which is a little tricky and takes a bit more paitence, but doesn't hurt your jaw or anything is to safety pin the loop to like, the knee of your pants and then loose middle strands to the thigh. another option is to use a clipboard, clip the loop in at the top and tape the loose pieces to the clipboard.  

firrantello

Holy Fundip

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 10:25 pm
I just hold them in my hands. I work with my forefingers and hold it with my middle/ring fingers.
cliping it to a clipboard is smart. or taping it somewhere, but that could slip.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 8:16 am
How do you finish the project though? My bracelet kinda unraveled in itself  

Fenhir Noble

AccentualWolf

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 12:37 pm
First of all use a safety pin and pin it to something. Plus what is the pattern you are working on. Only certain patterns need you to your teeth and it you are working a spirial or simple square knot then use a second safety pin to hold the center two or one piece of string. Third just tie a knot at the end and use the loop at the other end of your bracelet as way to hold together on your wrist, but a word of a advice use a large hole bead and put all strings through it then tie the knot for the latch. If any other qeustions ask send me a pm. I did the craft for almost nine years.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 5:40 am
i usually tape or pin it to something  

ajazzydancer

Craftin'

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas