Reply The Official Australian Guild
School/Uni Mania!!!! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

kixsy

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 9:04 pm
yeh they get confused lol you kind of have to write everything down for them lol  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 3:12 am
I don't want to work in a food store. I enjoy office jobs better. I'd much rather do all office assistant/ reception type duties.

I am on newstart atm but well, come march, it will have to change cos i wont be able to do full-time work anymore. This is gonna be weird because i have my appointment for mutual obligation on the 25th. but well i cant do that for 6 months and uni too. although I wonder if i have trouble getting work after obtaining my master's , will i have to do intensive job search again? it's annoying as all heck to go to a place for 2 hrs a day to just apply for work...  

satansrose

Distinct Connoisseur

14,250 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Millionaire 200

kixsy

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 5:42 pm
Yeah that is hard but I doubt you will have trouble finding work after your masters. maybe you should turn to people you admire in your field of study and see if you cant get some work experience even if you don't get paid for it it will prepare you for work? I guess that is only an option if you have the time...  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:14 pm
I've tried emailing various publishing companies but they say they only offer work experience to people doing courses as part of the course credit.
So I guess I have to wait till my internship next year.

and btw this heat in melbourne is nasty. I'm literally shooting icecubes down my back.  

satansrose

Distinct Connoisseur

14,250 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Millionaire 200

kixsy

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 9:55 pm
Well, I finally got all my enrolment stuff sorted out lol just in the nick of time too. I'm going down tomorrow to look at a few houses.

Is there anywhere else you can do some experience? Maybe a smaller company or something? Maybe with an editor or even a writer? Maybe you can contact people higher up the ladder even? Or maybe if you have some work you've done you can send them an example of what you do lol maybe try and impress them a bit?

Ice-cubes huh? LOL that's hot lol yeh I've done that although it can be a little too cold lol Lucky the temperatures have lowered a few degrees and We have airconditioning lol yay!  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 10:48 pm
that's cool.

yeah, I'm looking at houses these days too. Saw an apartment near Seasons in the CBD last night. Tomorrow gonna check one out in Kew. It's just 6km from the CBD.

Hmm, we'll see. My course is full-time so they will have to accomodate that too. I'm writing for my student and taking photos for articles for the uni student magazine atm - but that is not exactly publishing.

hehe. too cold? not when it hits like 47 in the shade like it did on Wed. we have aircon too but just in 1 room Dx  

satansrose

Distinct Connoisseur

14,250 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Millionaire 200

kixsy

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 5:17 pm
Well maybe there are some smaller companies lol I don't know lol its easier when u are studying design and art lol you can just see local artists.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 9:26 pm
Yeah. That's much simpler. lol.

But I'm crap at art so that'd be no use to me - heh.  

satansrose

Distinct Connoisseur

14,250 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Millionaire 200

kixsy

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 6:12 pm
I was just trying to apply the same theory to your situation lol but I guess its just a whole different world  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 1:33 am
lol, maybe i should run a publishing business myself. there dont seem to be many in Aus.  

satansrose

Distinct Connoisseur

14,250 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Millionaire 200

K i m m e h

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 5:19 am
Ack, starting uni next month!
Nervous as hell.
Well, mainly for my subjects, they're not really working out for me at the moment...

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 2:39 am
Well, if you are a CSP student I believe you probably have til a certain date to change subjects as you please. At my uni, you can take subjects without incurring fees until March 31.  

satansrose

Distinct Connoisseur

14,250 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Millionaire 200

kixsy

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 10:57 pm
Yeh same for me  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 3:08 am
yay, finally began my course.  

satansrose