Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Craftin'
knitting hoodies

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kanhoro

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 5:58 pm
any1 have any suggestions on kniting the hood from the hoddie? i am goign to make a shortsleep hoddie , or a long sleeve hoddie nd the sleeves wide kinda like a kimono or w/e,but not relal really long, just long like. should i do a stockenet knit or a garter or seed? i think seeed will make it look like blocks bc its kinda stiff once you do seed.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 6:40 pm
Kanhoro
any1 have any suggestions on kniting the hood from the hoddie? i am goign to make a shortsleep hoddie , or a long sleeve hoddie nd the sleeves wide kinda like a kimono or w/e,but not relal really long, just long like. should i do a stockenet knit or a garter or seed? i think seeed will make it look like blocks bc its kinda stiff once you do seed.
The Janda Hoodie over at Knitty.com should be able to tell you how to make the hood and attach it to the sweater. 3nodding  

Peppermint Elf

Moonlight Warrior

Catcheen
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 6:49 pm
Kanhoro

Basically, what you're going to do is pick up a bunch of stitches around the neckline, knit until it's long enough and then fold the flat hood together and do a three needle bind off to seam it together.

I have no idea what to tell you about which stitch pattern to use; it really depends on what you like the most. Garter will take more yarn, however.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 9:18 pm
I think a stockinette stitch with a seed stitch border, around an inch wide, will work best. That way you have the ease of stockinette stitch, and the seed stitch will keep it from curling 3nodding  

gemini6184

Kanhoro

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 1:51 pm
thanks for the help every1  
Craftin'

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out