Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Grammar Guild

Back to Guilds

The Gaian Grammar Guild is a refuge for the literate, a place for them to post and read posts without worrying about the nonsensical ones. 

Tags: grammar, literate, english, language 

Reply Gaian Grammar Guild
Hate slang? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Beeing Literate
  The Tv of course.
  Other people.
  beeing lazy.
  I dont know about you but i like slang.
View Results

normtheclone

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 4:47 pm
Although this is not slang, and is considered correct I just hate when people write the date with numbers like 12/13/06 when it only takes 8 seconds longer to write December 13,2006.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 7:52 pm
I sound completely different when I speak. When I write, I make it a point to use complete sentences, correct grammar, spelling and sentence structure. I even go back several times to edit a post if I find one letter out-of-place.

I actually dont like speaking. I have a lisp. I have no patience. Those two factors combined, words and sentences tend to run together and sometimes I just make absolutely no sense. That's when I scream, shake my head and tell people I'm not speaking anymore.

Isn't that weird? To be so impatient as to muck up my speech? I speak gibberish most of the time!

So to say I hate slang while I use it normally might seem pretty hypocritical... but I do. It's just a short-cut for lazy people. For me, it's my nature. It is rediculous. Some of the conversations I over-hear are like code!!

I can also honestly say I hate net-speak, bad grammar and most abbreviations. lol Yes, I hate abbreviations.  

VickoRano

IEditYourWorld

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 10:09 pm
I will use slang when I joke. For example, if I am making a reference to something that I find inferior, I will imitate it with slang. Otherwise, I often speak and write intelegently.

Slang makes the tongue sound dumb.
IEditYourWorld  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 3:19 pm
i hate slang, but i like typos like: teh and meh.  

shawn20

[Mammon]

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 9:30 pm
shawn20
i hate slang, but i like typos like: teh and meh.

Neither of which have any place here.

Here's your bridge, troll; please don't come out from under it until you're ready to play nice with the other posters.  
Gaian Grammar Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff